Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Before Emma, Scott was a leader for a decade and had many defining events. Forget Emma shouldn't make him incompetent, makes zero sense. It's like people love to pretend that Emma made Scott a better leader

whatever, if you don't want to bother, just don't bother to write this kind of answer
    I think you're confusing someone's snark with people thinking that's what happened. Scott's been a crappy leader in this run, but Emma erasing her own existence shouldn't make that matter. However, if that is the story they are going with, that leaves about four years of huge holes in his memory and psyche, and that should be causing a lot of problems.

When I read Black cat descend into villainy it was after Peter got switched bodies with Octavius that ignored Black Cat advances. It had nothing to do with one more day, just another crazy retcon.
    I forget he was behind regressing black cat 20 years and Superior Octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He's been with her for at least four years, during which a lot of important stuff that severely impacts his psyche and everyone else happened. I know you like to pretend that everything starting with Morrison doesn't count or doesn't exist, but that's not how this works.
    I think a lot x-men fans wish it worked that way and we could all forget that

I think you're confusing someone's snark with people thinking that's what happened. Scott's been a crappy leader in this run, but Emma erasing her own existence shouldn't make that matter. However, if that is the story they are going with, that leaves about four years of huge holes in his memory and psyche, and that should be causing a lot of problems.
    He has lots of experience before these 4 years, it shouldn't matter more than 10 years before it. Magik is fine and she has less memories to pull

He has lots of experience before these 4 years, it shouldn't matter more than 10 years before it. Magik is fine and she has less memories to pull
    Magik wasn't sleeping with Emma for four years. No one was there for Scott during that time more than Emma was. In fact, and I know you don't like this, Emma has been there more historically for Scott than Jean.

Emma didn't used the cerebro, but i guess she used the cuckoos. That might had helped to get past magik protections.

When I read Black cat descend into villainy it was after Peter got switched bodies with Octavius that ignored Black Cat advances. It had nothing to do with one more day, just another crazy retcon.

Emma isn't a big part of Scott mind, he had a long life without interacting with her. IDK why it would make such a big difference for him
    The Cuckoos are in Amazing Nightcrawler, and therefore not available to Emma.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Dan Slott, that was really bad. At least she will get a solo now

If I forgot that I would tolerate Scott and Emma

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I dont think so.
    Scott and jean have know each other since they were teens until they were twenty something. Even more if we count adventures of cyclops and Phoenix. Thats at least 17 years at minimun.
    He has been also tied very tight with jean for most of the franchice existence. Except while she was dead

I'm not trying to bash emma but there is no need to do that to jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-01-2019 at 06:29 PM.

If thats the angle they are going with, then thats pretty f--ked up of her

Magik wasn't sleeping with Emma for four years. No one was there for Scott during that time more than Emma was. In fact, and I know you don't like this, Emma has been there more historically for Scott than Jean.
    Magik still team up with Emma on many teams. I didn't knew having sex with Emma was important to Scott being a good leader LOL the reaching here;
    Of course Emma was a better GF than Jean on everything. The reaching here too

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Cuckoos are in Amazing Nightcrawler, and therefore not available to Emma.
    I was talking about Death of X, not the actual comics. But I guess Emma had another psychic helping her to get past Magik defenses

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post

The only good thing to come from that was Silk's relationship with her.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Magik still team up with Emma on many teams. I didn't knew having sex with Emma was important to Scott being a good leader LOL the reaching here;
    Of course Emma was a better GF than Jean on everything. The reaching here too

I was talking about Death of X, not the actual comics. But I guess Emma had another psychic helping her to get past Magik defenses
    I don't really want to drag this on that much further, but the main point is that the memory wipe/intrusion into his head with someone that was significant in his life should/might have an effect on his mental performance. Yes he was a good leader before hand, but mental manipulations on that scale should have some sort of effect, right? I mean, imagine if Jean was removed? He'd probably be an entirely different person. All life experiences make us who we are. Big or small. It should be addressed, but it probably won't.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Absolute utter garbage. Austen, you have a contender now. I will never forgive this writer for what he has done. Disgusting. Book dropped.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I don't really want to drag this on that much further, but the main point is that the memory wipe/intrusion into his head with someone that was significant in his life should/might have an effect on his mental performance. Yes he was a good leader before hand, but mental manipulations on that scale should have some sort of effect, right? I mean, imagine if Jean was removed? He'd probably be an entirely different person. All life experiences make us who we are. Big or small. It should be addressed, but it probably won't.
    Only if said person was with him his whole life or most of it. Emma was with him a short period of time, he has tons of inteact memories to work. That is why he didn't noted something was missing. Makes zero sense lost memory of Emma and suddenly he is a bad leader. Unless you meant that it was Emma that made him a good leader like some fans think.
    Jean knew him most of his life, the most defining moemnts of his life were with her. That is completely larger scale than Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Absolute utter garbage. Austen, you have a contender now. I will never forgive this writer for what he has done. Disgusting. Book dropped.
    Rosenberg didn't made a teenage have sex in front of her mother with Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I appreciate that Rosenberg is bringing suicide and violence against trans people to light but, from the way he's been handling it, I feel like it isn't doing anything other than triggering victims. Rahne and Ruth should be overcoming their struggles, not falling and dying from them.
    Perfect.

I big middle finger to this comic. Xmen don’t get stomped to death. Defenseless mutants, who don’t understand their abilities and can’t fight, are usually the victims of hate.

Wolfsbane and Blindfold should be RISING to life’s challenges.

Anyway, some nice dialogue by Rosenberg. shows us failures of Logan and Scott. Odin-dammit get it together guys, you are living like morlocks!

Enjoyed the art. GJ new guy.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Only if said person was with him his whole life or most of it. Emma was with him a short period of time, he has tons of inteact memories to work. That is why he didn't noted something was missing. Makes zero sense lost memory of Emma and suddenly he is a bad leader. Unless you meant that it was Emma that made him a good leader like some fans think.
    Jean knew him most of his life, the most defining moemnts of his life were with her. That is completely larger scale than Emma
    Scott would have most likely made the same choices with Jean around. The issue isn't his leadership performance but rather the general impact to his psyche due to being messed in the head. Considering he was closest to Emma, he would have received the most impact. Whether Emma is viewed as a bad or good choice is irrelevant, she still had an impact, but we don't know if any other memories were messed with considering nothing has been explained. It's pure speculation, and considering how bad his leadership and skills seem to be, this "memory explanation" is more tied to joking over that fact.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia