Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, at least Logan fixed Rahne's death with violence in a manly, macho way. That makes things better, right?
    That's how Logan 'mourns in his own way' by killing the murderers and not stand quietly at a funeral.

Well, at least Logan fixed Rahne's death with violence in a manly, macho way. That makes things better, right?
    Worse for me is that we didn't even see the violence, c'mon Rosenberg if you are going there, at least let me see the carnage.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It's terrible. If Rosenberg wants to write about these issues, he should try to find someone to advise him not to screw up so much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Emma could make Magik believe that Scott was still alive in Death of X.

Scott at all should be fine without Emma's memories, that practically broke Black Cat and she did not have the trauma of a recent resurrection.
    We don't know the context of the mindwipe, though. She could have just made everyone not consciously think about her. We are the sum of our past experiences, but we don't reflect on them constantly

Emma could make Magik believe that Scott was still alive in Death of X.

Scott at all should be fine without Emma's memories, that practically broke Black Cat and she did not have the trauma of a recent resurrection.
    death of X was a projection. Anyway on uncanny she says that Magik head is to messy to play.

Never read the Black Cat story

We don't know the context of the mindwipe, though. She could have just made everyone not consciously think about her. We are the sum of our past experiences, but we don't reflect on them constantly
    Then at the time they heard "Emma Frost" they should have reacted differently. It could have been a "Fuck, where is Emma", not a "Who is Emma?"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    death of X was a projection. Anyway on uncanny she says that Magik head is to messy to play.

Never read the Black Cat story
    The projections also require access to someone's mind, Black Bolt and Medusa have exceptional telepathic defenses and she was able to break them. Also, if she used Cerebro, Magik it is not SO good.

Because of One More Day, Black Cat forgot that Spider-man was Peter Parker and the gaps left in hermemory damaged her psychologically, that's why she became a villain. And she just forgot his face and name, not that he existed.

I doubt you can extract the knowledge that Emma Frost existed from Scott and not change him in any way.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-01-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Kwannon isn't supposed to have Psylocke powers after both of them separated.

She should only have her original power which is 'intuitive empath' and ninja skills.

But since the real Betsy is in AoXM, Rosenberg decided to give her Betsy's powers which is lame.
    I dont know why you keep saying this. For as long as we've known Kwannon, she's had the same powers as Betsy. Its why the X-men didnt know whom was the real one, bc she was identical to Betsy before the switch, included telepahy. She was only a low level empath before Spiral messed with her and thats only stuff that was mentioned, not anything we saw. She's now in Psylocke's old body which has telepathy, so I dont get why its so hard for you to accept that Kwannon has access to that

It's terrible. If Rosenberg wants to write about these issues, he should try to find someone to advise him not to screw up so much.
    Exactly. I have no problem with a writer wanting its handling it in a poor way and using a character with the only purpose to kill them off. Especially if said characters actions don't make much sense. In the end it feels hollow attempt because instead of talking about those issues we are talking about unnecessary dumb death.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 05-01-2019 at 04:38 PM.

the graphic bloody death scenes cancel out the tone-deaf fridging

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    FYI, the bottom guy must lift their legs up so that the top guy's penetration becomes easier..... but I am getting too graphic here. LOL
    Gee, it's almost as if Logan was trying to lift his legs up, but Scott's arms were in the way because Scott doesn't get that they're the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Exactly. I have no problem with a writer wanting its handling it in a poor way and using a character with the only purpose to kill them off. Especially if said characters actions don't make much sense. In the end it feels hollow attempt because instead of talking about those issues we are talking about unnecessary dumb death.
    The problem with these sensitive issues is that if you do not know what you are writing, it is very likely that even if you have good intentions, you will only do more harm to the people who suffer from these problems. If you do not know, ask someone who knows or does not write about it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Magik should remember Emma, It would be realy hard to mess up with Illyana mind. Emma never dared to do that.
    She did in Death of X.

Scott should do fine without Emma memories, unless the person who erased it also messed up with his mind
    Yeah...not even gonna bother with that non-sense, since you can't be reasoned anything regarding Scott, Emma & Jean.

Another Rosenberg book, another mixed bag of tricks.

The good:
    -Funeral was a nice moment. Didn't hold a candle to Jay's but still well written I thought.
    -Illyana and Scott's buddy moment. Panel actually but props to Gomez for nailing the tone - Rosenberg seems to have dialed back the more eclectic parts of Illyana's personality.
    -Scott calling out Logan for his vigilante BS. That's the Scott I remember. See GLMK's and about a hundred issues after that if you've forgotten what he's supposed to be all about. Coming to blows over it was over the top but I get the emotions going on there.

The bad:
    -Rahne's death. I have no idea why Rosenberg thought it was a good idea to make a point so irrationally. I don't see how that fight kills her.
    -Logan doubles down on revenge killing, not just the perps but the cops on scene as well. Someone needs to remind him that's partly why mutants are so hated to begin with.

The stupid:
    -No idea why Logan thought he had to bring Kwannon with him. He could have easily asked her to show him the memories from her cell. Guess he wanted the company on his rampage? Doesn't add up.
    -The idea that four normal people are willing to kill at the drop of a hat while on an random neighborhood walk is beyond ridiculous. I don't recall this being consistent with random normal human behavior in the 616. Mobs, sure. Government's, sure. Extremist, sure. I'm sure he's making a point of some kind but I'd prefer he steer clear of such inflammatory narratives.
    -Emma wiped from everyone's memories? I have no idea how that's supposed to work. She's central to many plots and personally important to at least Scott. How the hell did those gaps get filled? It is consistent I suppose with the fact that Rosenberg's never had anyone mention her up until now. I hope this isn't a solution to the triangle because it won't last and it's stupid. If Emma did this herself, that's both tragic, inconsistent with her character in general, and a deeply questionable act from a moral POV. Worse even then trying to brainwash Tyke IMO.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    the graphic bloody death scenes cancel out the tone-deaf fridging
    Not so much no, especially with the whole unfortunate implications subtext.

Who wants to forget that Rahne's friends forget about her next issue?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Another Rosenberg book, another mixed bag of tricks.

The good:
    -Funeral was a nice moment. Didn't hold a candle to Jay's but still well written I thought.
    -Illyana and Scott's buddy moment. Panel actually but props to Gomez for nailing the tone - Rosenberg seems to have dialed back the more eclectic parts of Illyana's personality.
    -Scott calling out Logan for his vigilante BS. That's the Scott I remember. See GLMK's and about a hundred issues after that if you've forgotten what he's supposed to be all about. Coming to blows over it was over the top but I get the emotions going on there.

The bad:
    -Rahne's death. I have no idea why Rosenberg thought it was a good idea to make a point so irrationally. I don't see how that fight kills her.
    -Logan doubles down on revenge killing, not just the perps but the cops on scene as well. Someone needs to remind him that's partly why mutants are so hated to begin with.

The stupid:
    -No idea why Logan thought he had to bring Kwannon with him. He could have easily asked her to show him the memories from her cell. Guess he wanted the company on his rampage? Doesn't add up.
    -The idea that four normal people are willing to kill at the drop of a hat while on an random neighborhood walk is beyond ridiculous. I don't recall this being consistent with random normal human behavior in the 616. Mobs, sure. Government's, sure. Extremist, sure. I'm sure he's making a point of some kind but I'd prefer he steer clear of such inflammatory narratives.
    -Emma wiped from everyone's memories? I have no idea how that's supposed to work. She's central to many plots and personally important to at least Scott. How the hell did those gaps get filled? It is consistent I suppose with the fact that Rosenberg's never had anyone mention her up until now. I hope this isn't a solution to the triangle because it won't last and it's stupid. If Emma did this herself, that's both tragic, inconsistent with her character in general, and a deeply questionable act from a moral POV. Worse even then trying to brainwash Tyke IMO.
    It's been a while. I agree with a majority of your viewpoints. I'm definitely not liking the vibe given for Emma yet, but I'll wait and see.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia