Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The mess is Marvel not giving Jean a memorial issue. Most characters that die get this and we were cheated out of that scene. The only thing of her funeral we got was the aftermath with Scott kissing Emma. It was in poor taste. X-men Unlimited was still in print at that time and the funeral could have happened there but it didnt
    Yes, it was terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Phoenix Jean didn't made him make out with Emma. Scott did on his own, she said to him live. He could at least waited to get out of cemitery but he just didn't cared.

everytime I think about this issue and Morrison's Scott, I just get more pissed off on his hipocrisy.
    Yes, I'm sure that when a flaming cosmic bird from the future tells you "Live" is just saying "Live", it is not influencing you in any significative way.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The whole Scott forgetting Emma thing reeks of Sinister. We know the Marauders are showing up in the next issues, there's the whole Sinister/Emma theory. This whole thing being a illusion of his could be a bad, but plausible solution.

Also, someone please tell the Scott hater to keep it in their pants or move to the thread created for the very purpose of debating why Scott is bad for Jean, Jean is bad for Scott and so on. This thread doesn't need further derailment.
    There is one thing that has been bothering me seen Cyclops call to the x men, Emma didn't show up. Their memories have been mess with because his list never had Emma on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, it was terrible.

Yes, I'm sure that when a flaming cosmic bird from the future tells you "Live" is just saying "Live", it is not influencing you in any significative way.
    It said what it said. It didn't said kiss Emma or hook up with her. Everything beyond living is readers fanfic

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The whole Scott forgetting Emma thing reeks of Sinister. We know the Marauders are showing up in the next issues, there's the whole Sinister/Emma theory. This whole thing being a illusion of his could be a bad, but plausible solution.
    Sinister doing that is something I could accept, and Emma not being involved with them because she can't undo the illusion. However, I don't trust Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The mess is Marvel not giving Jean a memorial issue. Most characters that die get this and we were cheated out of that scene. The only thing of her funeral we got was the aftermath with Scott kissing Emma. It was in poor taste. X-men Unlimited was still in print at that time and the funeral could have happened there but it didnt
    I remember reading somewhere that Morrison intended to bring Jean right in the next issue, or the next few ones, but editorial didn't let. Hence HCT being set in the far future, not really having a funeral for her, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that Morrison intended to bring Jean right in the next issue, or the next few ones, but editorial didn't let. Hence HCT being set in the far future, not really having a funeral for her, etc.
    That isn't true in any way. Xavier Files guy even said that this isn't true from all writers he talked

Also, someone please tell the Scott hater to keep it in their pants or move to the thread created for the very purpose of debating why Scott is bad for Jean, Jean is bad for Scott and so on. This thread doesn't need further derailment.
    do it yourself, you'r such an expert, you know how to do it for sure.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It said what it said. It didn't said kiss Emma or hook up with her. Everything beyond living is readers fanfic
    The Phoenix said that Scott needed Emma to live when she rebuilt Emma from the shot. Reading something in the context of the story is not fanfic, is reading comprehension. If the intervention of the Phoenix causes something to happen that had not happened before, that is undoubtedly the effect of the Phoenix. But I'm going to leave it here because you're going to look for any excuse to hate Scott, no matter what the story is.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-01-2019 at 10:55 AM.

so are the X-Men cool with casual murder now? what separates them from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? i'm just trying to understand their morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Phoenix said that Scott needed Emma to live when she rebuilt Emma from the shot. Reading something in the context of the story is not fanfic, is reading comprehension. But I'm going to leave it here because you're going to look for any excuse to hate Scott, no matter what the story is.
    All it needed was Scott stays with x-men. Now if the only way for Scott stay with X-emn was hooking up with Emma? what a crappy character.
    The only thing that needed was Scott move on and keep being X-men leader. Anything else is really pure fanfic.
    Well anything bad Scott does is everyone else fault: avengers, captain america, Emma frost and jean Grey. The character isn't viable this way, because everything bad he does is another people's fault. Poor Scott never did anything wrong
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-01-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so are the X-Men cool with casual murder now? what separates them from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? i'm just trying to understand their morality.
    If they are dark elves, frost giants or trolls, they are ok with killing.

If they are human, no, but Logan does it anyway when no one else looks.

many of these characters have been fine with killing their enemies for years now.

wolvie, half the students, storm, archangel, psylocke, colossus, magik, cyclops, hope, bishop, jean--

you'd probably have a harder time going down a list of x-men who aren't okay with killing

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

For the record, the one saying the names of all the dead X-Men was Karma.

This was good. Probably the best issue of Rosenberg's run because it actually feels CENTERED.

I want more Kwannon.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    wolvie, half the students, storm, archangel, psylocke, colossus, magik, cyclops, hope, bishop, jean--

you'd probably have a harder time going down a list of x-men who aren't okay with killing
    And they are all ok when the enemies are alien or vampires because they are not supposed to be people. It is quite hypocritical.

BANNED

You mean they're ok with it again. And for the moment it's just Logan, who's been shown about to lose it and go out wasting fools since #11. And Hope, who tried to kill Scott, but she is Magik's almost girlfriend, so it's ok.