Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yessssssss!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm giving up Netflix now.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Ha! I knew this was going to happen.

Wonder if they'll do a soft pilot for it on AoS.

Extraordinary Member

Here some views on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was starting to lose hope that we would see a Ghost Rider live action production. I think this should've been done right after Luna finished his guest role on AOS. But oh well, better late than never. Kinda weird that it won't have any connection to AOS, but maybe they just mean it'll take place on a different time or it just won't cross over with a production from another network. It'll be very weird if they just reboot the entire character and his mythos with the same actor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Same here.

I'll tune in but this is frustrating. I see no problem with him staring in a show 2 yrs removed from his AoS season 4.
    A few lines of dialogue in the opening episode followed by a few scenes as necessary in subsequent episodes catches everyone up as needed for story purposes.

------
    Hellstrom...this is a farther left field pick that excites me!! Color me very, very curious!!

Ghost Rider And Helstrom Coming To Hulu

Manuel Alberto Romero12 hours ago
    I think the idea is that the events of Agents of Shield won't necessarily play a huge role in the Ghost Rider series, not that they are rebooting the character altogether.

Shawn Zamir FFXV12 hours ago
    Manuel Alberto Romero I willing to bet money it’s a complete reboot. I just hope we get more Ghost Riders like Danny Ketch, Johnny Blaze, Alejandra Jones, James Badilino, and Nobel Kale.

DJ Nevahwen12 hours ago (edited)
    Manuel Alberto Romero that's what i was thinking of too maybe they'll mention his adventures with SHIELD on occasion but not regularly so it won't mess with his story i think that's what they'll do and i think they'll bring Lorenzo James Henrie back as Gabe Reyes (Robbie's brother who was also introduced on Shield) and maybe they'll finally introduce the MCU version of Johnny Blaze who was the one who passed the Ghost Rider mantle to Robbie in the flashback episode that was apart of his arc on SHIELD and who should play Johnny Blaze in the series my predictions are Norman Redius (if he's available depending on his Walking Dead schedule) or take a big swing and bring Nicolas Cage back to the role. And i'd be ok if they get someone else for the role but bring Johnny Blaze on as a mentor to Robbie and have him train Robbie to be in full control of his powers.

Manuel Alberto Romero12 hours ago
    @Shawn Zamir FFXV i find that unlikely.

Bruce Snow1 day ago
    Variety is being dumb. I'm pretty sure all they meant was that this would be separate in every way, but it's still the same character obviously.

Chile_En_ Nogada10 hours ago
    It will be the same character and actor as Agents of Shield. Simply the Agents of shield wont be in it. But it is connected in the sense that he still has those memories.

Ghost Rider And Helstrom Coming To Hulu
    Some updated info about new hulu mcu shows.
    Marvel Cinematic Universe
    In August 2016, Marvel announced that Marvel's Runaways had received a pilot order from Hulu, eventually receiving a 10 episode order the following May. That July, Loeb confirmed the series would take place in the MCU saying, "It all lives in the same world, how it's connected and where it's connected and what it's going to be connected to remains to be seen." He added that the characters would not be concerned with the actions of others in the universe, instead focusing on their own issues. This allowed showrunners Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage to deal with concepts such as superheroics and fantasy without explaining them to the audience, since they are already well established in the MCU, while still focusing on their own characters, which they described as "liberating".
    In May 2019, Marvel announced that Marvel's Ghost Rider and Marvel's Helstrom had been greenlit for the service, and that the former will focus on the "same character [introduced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.] with [a] new story that lives unto its own."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

and
    THREAD: GHOST RIDER & HELSTROM MCU HULU SERIES
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...u-Series/page2
    Last edited by mace11; 05-03-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Eh, it'll end up on Disney+. I expect that as soon as the current series on other networks come to an end, Disney+ will be the only place to get streaming MCU content.

Of course, if this Ghost Rider was going to be "in a separate continuity" from his appearance on Agents of SHIELD, that calls into question whether it was really going to be an MCU show. They need to have their shows/movies at least not directly contradict each other.

oh well. hope they still come out with something.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Eh, it'll end up on Disney+. I expect that as soon as the current series on other networks come to an end, Disney+ will be the only place to get streaming MCU content.

Of course, if this Ghost Rider was going to be "in a separate continuity" from his appearance on Agents of SHIELD, that calls into question whether it was really going to be an MCU show. They need to have their shows/movies at least not directly contradict each other.
    How could Disney make a character like Ghost Rider family friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How could Disney make a character like Ghost Rider family friendly?
    To be honest, I'm wondering how they're going to make Blade and Moon Knight work in that same vein.

Johnny Blaze or GTFO.

If they arent making it at Hulu then start from scratch (Sorry Luna). I'd prefer Johnny but use whoever. And as far as it not fitting on disney+
    They just cant cus or show alot of Gore. I mean mutiple people have been decapitated in the MCU. They say words like bitch and ass. Just not F bombs or too much Gore. Can totally work if done well. You just have to be more creative with the Horror. Plus I'd love Ghost rider to actually be recognized In the MCU. If they went forward with it not under Marvel Studios or Feige then I doubt The MCU would ever recognize it exists.

I saw on another site someone mention Keanu Reeves as Johnny Blaze. Given his interest in motorcycles, and that they've talked about working together before I think that would be a good fit. I'd totally be down for that.

https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/052/...aser_0.jpg.jpg
    https://i.redd.it/zs98eo4ebdmz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I saw on another site someone mention Keanu Reeves as Johnny Blaze. Given his interest in motorcycles, and that they've talked about working together before I think that would be a good fit. I'd totally be down for that.

https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/052/...aser_0.jpg.jpg
    https://i.redd.it/zs98eo4ebdmz.jpg
    The rumor is hes already cast in the MCU but they are keeping it secret for a big reveal. Namor and Adam Warlock were the two big rumors after it was established it wasnt for the Eternals( The rumors of his casting happened during casting for that movie. So most people thought he was the villian of the movie)
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-25-2019 at 09:35 PM.

I’m all for Keanu as Blaze (assuming he won’t get cast for Silver Surfer). But I don’t see why they can’t use both Johnny and Robbie. I’d say put Robbie on the Avengers and put Johnny on the midnight sons.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Look I love Reeves, but he's 55. I can't see him playing Johnny Blaze if a film did get off the ground in 4 or 5 years he'd be 60. I don't mind Reeves as some cosmic being like Warlock or even Silver Surfer who I love. He can't pass for a motorcycle daredevil in the prime of his life.

Spectacular Member

I dont understand why fans haven't turned on Kevin Fiege yet