Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Captain America (MCU) VS Wonder Woman (DCEU) **MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILERS***

Speed equalized.

Steve has his shield and Mjolnir, WW has her Sword.

What happens?

It depends.

Mjolnir should, in theory, have given Steve a massive stats boost - but that certainly didn't appear obvious.

IF it took him to Thor's levels of strength and durability, I'd give him the win with the two impressive weapons at his disposal. If he remains at his usual physical levels, Diana - who was in Doomsday's strength ballpark - would win easily.

Lol, the thread title itself is an indirect spoiler. Even if you don't guess that Cap gets Mjolnir, it still implies that he gets a powerup in the movie that the OP believes makes him competitive with the likes of Wonder Woman.

Just to point out if you equalize speed and have standard starting distance Steve's go to option is lightning spam, he figured that trick out without any trouble

!!!SPOILERS!!!

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

With Captain America being worthy enough to wield, much less lift, Mjolnir, I'd say it's safe to say Steve Rogers received a Thor-level power boost -- at least to pre-Ragnarok Thor levels.

Unfortunately for Steve, Wonder Woman's combat speed is highly effective. I don't think Steve is fast enough to adequately stop Diana's speed blitz unless MCU Thor has insane speed and reflexes*.

* A case could be made that Thor was fast enough to detect Quicksilver's movements, like knowing where to throw his hammer, but I don't think that's anywhere near Diana's level of speed.

see the OP, speeds equalized, there won't be a blitz

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Just to point out if you equalize speed and have standard starting distance Steve's go to option is lightning spam, he figured that trick out without any trouble
    Which is suicide against Diana.

BANNED

yeah she would redirect his power back at him.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    It depends.

Mjolnir should, in theory, have given Steve a massive stats boost - but that certainly didn't appear obvious.

IF it took him to Thor's levels of strength and durability, I'd give him the win with the two impressive weapons at his disposal. If he remains at his usual physical levels, Diana - who was in Doomsday's strength ballpark - would win easily.
    I'm pretty sure he did get that stats boost. Current Thor is stronger than he ever was with Mjnoir. Cap also took a beating from Thanos. He coukd barely stand, but with heer grit he did. Thir likewise took a beating, but the difference is he is simply more durable.

As for the thread, I think Cap wins. Diana can catch the lighting with her bracers but she will fall to Cap's shield hammer combo same as Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    It depends.

Yeah I never got the impression Cap was boosted. He should have been just to lift the hammer but there was no indication that he was striking any harder than normal other than that he was striking with a hammer. He did fire lightning from the hammer. But WW still has an overwhelming speed advantage and, by feats, an extreme strength advantage.

Missed the speed equalized part. But she still has a huge advantage on feats.
    Power with Girl is better.