Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I remember watching that movie and that part taking me out of it without good enough reason. Just surviving boxing Loki thanks to his skills was better and rehabilitating Winter Soldier while also stopping a Helicarrier with a bullet in his guts was something else.
    Was that final form Ultron or the one before? Because the one before wasn't really stronger than Ironman...and Cap beat Ironman next movie. I didn't have a prpblem with it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Was that final form Ultron or the one before? Because the one before wasn't really stronger than Ironman...and Cap beat Ironman next movie. I didn't have a prpblem with it. :-)
    One before, they were still in Korea.

He didn't upgrade again until he lost Vision.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

How would this battle change (if at all) if Wonder Woman was given her shield and lasso?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

At the very least Captain America would have had a strength boost otherwise how else is he knocking Thanos up off the ground using just his base strength? And without a durability boost, Cap would be a red stain on the wall even with the serum.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    It depends.

Mjolnir should, in theory, have given Steve a massive stats boost - but that certainly didn't appear obvious.

IF it took him to Thor's levels of strength and durability, I'd give him the win with the two impressive weapons at his disposal. If he remains at his usual physical levels, Diana - who was in Doomsday's strength ballpark - would win easily.
    Yeah I never got the impression Cap was boosted. He should have been just to lift the hammer but there was no indication that he was striking any harder than normal other than that he was striking with a hammer. He did fire lightning from the hammer. But WW still has an overwhelming speed advantage and, by feats, an extreme strength advantage.

Missed the speed equalized part. But she still has a huge advantage on feats.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    At the very least Captain America would have had a strength boost otherwise how else is he knocking Thanos up off the ground using just his base strength? And without a durability boost, Cap would be a red stain on the wall even with the serum.
    The reason I just don't see the boost even though it should be there is because Cap has done stuff like grabbing and throwing a motorcycle which should be enough to knock Thanos off the ground and he's taken a fall from high in the sky and survived. I think of his IW showing against Thanos as a low showing. This time, he had an unbreakable weapon to hit Thanos with. Well, not really unbreakable but surpassing even his shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The reason I just don't see the boost even though it should be there is because Cap has done stuff like grabbing and throwing a motorcycle which should be enough to knock Thanos off the ground and he's taken a fall from high in the sky and survived. I think of his IW showing against Thanos as a low showing. This time, he had an unbreakable weapon to hit Thanos with. Well, not really unbreakable but surpassing even his shield.
    I don't know if I wanna give Cap that much credit. Even Thor using Mjolnir, during Avengers 1 only knocked Hulk up maybe 3 feet off the ground. Thanos is probably lighter than Hulk but it'd still take considerable strength, greater than Cap's regular strength, to hit Thanos off the ground even with a nigh unbreakable weapon.

If physics made sense as an argument, then Hulks first hit on Thanos should have pinballed him into space lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    If physics made sense as an argument, then Hulks first hit on Thanos should have pinballed him into space lol
    I remember back when the White Wolf live action stuff was big and how, strangely, when Aberrant came out, they didn't do a live action version.

Mike's character punches Bob's character with his super strength.

Games Master: "Okay, Mike, you have to get from Indianapolis to Detroit if you want to continue this fight because that's where Bob landed".

Well, we have to consider how MCU physics is portrayed in the movies. So going further back to Incredible Hulk, Abomination and Hulk's punches should have sent each other into space, but it didn't, so still consistent with the physics of how Thor vs Hulk; and Thanos vs Hulk were shown.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Technically, if physics made any sense in the MCU, Thanos and Hulk would only hit marginally harder than Captain America since neither of them (or Steve, Thor, Carol, etc...) were punching any faster than a well trained human so the main difference would be the mass and durability of their respective fists.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

They DID basically forget that SB can summon the Honestly, there were tons of ways that they could have resolved the barrier with Thanos that would have been a lot more effective though. Could have BFR'd Thanos or used it to get to Tony faster etc
    Honestly, there were several ways that they could have kept Thanos from getting the Gauntlet. Have Ant Man shrink it so it no longer fits (might not work due to the gems), have one of the many mages present dump it (or Thanos, or his army) into the Mirror Dimension (or Sling Ring Portals to wherever the Ravagers came from), have Carol fly it into space at full speed, have Hawkeye remove the all but the Power Stone from it with the Power Carny, etc...

The worthy Wonder Woman catches hammer, then wields it against and crushes him.

Did Cap receive a power boost from Mjolnir? I think so. I know I've already expressed this view before and it's still an ambiguous topic, but then I noticed something when I watched Endgame again.

We know all about 2024 Cap vs. 2012 Cap. But here's what made that brawl interesting: Not only could 2012 Cap hold his own, he was winning. For years, I've been under the impression that Cap kept getting stronger because he kept racking up more impressive feats in each subsequent film. But now that's no longer the case. So why is this important?

Well, Loki dominated Cap in 2012. Cap stood no chance -- and Loki wanted to be captured!

Enter Thanos. The Mad Titan killed Loki with one hand. But Cap, after picking up Mjolnir, fared better than Loki ever did despite the latter being demonstrably stronger. So, I'd equate this to Cap receiving a power boost from Mjolnir. Odin's prerequisites of worthiness make them even more of a given for me.