Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Captain America (MCU) VS Wonder Woman (DCEU) **MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILERS***

Speed equalized.

Steve has his shield and Mjolnir, WW has her Sword.

What happens?

It depends.

Mjolnir should, in theory, have given Steve a massive stats boost - but that certainly didn't appear obvious.

IF it took him to Thor's levels of strength and durability, I'd give him the win with the two impressive weapons at his disposal. If he remains at his usual physical levels, Diana - who was in Doomsday's strength ballpark - would win easily.

Lol, the thread title itself is an indirect spoiler. Even if you don't guess that Cap gets Mjolnir, it still implies that he gets a powerup in the movie that the OP believes makes him competitive with the likes of Wonder Woman.

Just to point out if you equalize speed and have standard starting distance Steve's go to option is lightning spam, he figured that trick out without any trouble

!!!SPOILERS!!!

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

With Captain America being worthy enough to wield, much less lift, Mjolnir, I'd say it's safe to say Steve Rogers received a Thor-level power boost -- at least to pre-Ragnarok Thor levels.

Unfortunately for Steve, Wonder Woman's combat speed is highly effective. I don't think Steve is fast enough to adequately stop Diana's speed blitz unless MCU Thor has insane speed and reflexes*.

* A case could be made that Thor was fast enough to detect Quicksilver's movements, like knowing where to throw his hammer, but I don't think that's anywhere near Diana's level of speed.

see the OP, speeds equalized, there won't be a blitz

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Just to point out if you equalize speed and have standard starting distance Steve's go to option is lightning spam, he figured that trick out without any trouble
    Which is suicide against Diana.

BANNED

yeah she would redirect his power back at him.

I mean Mjolnir can do pretty much the same thing so in that case it ends in ping pong, though there are other options with it such as creating the huge tornado Thor made in his first movie

I mean Mjolnir can do pretty much the same thing so in that case it ends in ping pong, though there are other options with it such as creating the huge tornado Thor made in his first movie
    Captain ThorMerica proved pretty damn effective at using the hammer and shield in tandem though. He was slapping around Thanos pretty damn well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Equalized speed he definitely has a shot-- Cap is very skilled. He SHOULD have gotten a stat boost, but it really wasn't especially clear. Movie Cap seems to do better against the big boys than it seems like he should without any power ups all the time-- against Thanos, Ultron, and Iron Man.

Diana is ALSO very skilled though. She's stronger than base Steve and decently comparable to Thor, so it doesn't seem like Steve has an edge there. They both have a weapon that can hurt the other and a shield that can deflect shots. I'm sort of inclined to think sword >> hammer in melee though. Steven needs to land direct hits where Diana can draw blood with grazing blows. And Diana seems like she can take a solid hit from the hammer where Steve can't take a solid stab.

Then again, Steve does have the returning/ricochet combo going for him, which is nice. Though throwing the hammer at someone with incredible skill at intercepting projectiles and who is probably even more worthy than you are seems like an idea that can go backfire.

I really wouldn't assume Mjolnir can do that. Ares was channeling lightning through his body the same way Thor/Mjolnir does, and Diana zapped him to death just fine. Unless Thor has feats of actually countering this exact move, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Equalized speed he definitely has a shot-- Cap is very skilled. He SHOULD have gotten a stat boost, but it really wasn't especially clear.
    See, that’s what I thought, but when Thor gained Mjolnir’s power again in his first movie, there was a big light show to convey that power-up - and he was given armour on the spot. Cap lacked all that.

And when Vision lifted it, no light show.

The thing the Cap and Vision situations had in common? Thor himself was already present. I’m thinking only one person can posses the power of Thor at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I really wouldn't assume Mjolnir can do that. Ares was channeling lightning through his body the same way Thor/Mjolnir does, and Diana zapped him to death just fine. Unless Thor has feats of actually countering this exact move, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't.
    He was deflecting the Destroyer’s energy blasts back at it using Mjolnir, if that helps...

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I would say that movie Cap is pretty clearly a better fighter than movie WW. She's generally got the edge of being faster and tougher than her foes. Cap often does not.

Taking away her considerable speed edge makes this Cap's fight: he weapons are just better than hers, and he's better using them. He can absolutey hurt her with them, and has a MUCH better range game. Mjolinr alone can literally fly around and attack from multiple angles while Cap goes head to head, and with his superior skill and shield that she simply can't get through, even with the sword, it's just a matter of time before she takes the mallet upside the back of the head.

All this assumes, of course, that he gets the hammer. Without that, the edge goes back to the stronger person.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Oops. I should've read the OP. My bad.

With speed equalized, I'm torn. Steve and Diana are the greatest fighters from their respective universes. Wonder Woman's sword gives her a slight edge in CQC because Steve can't afford getting hit by it whereas Diana is durable enough to shrug off blunt force attacks. Then again, it's not like Captain America can't somehow wrestle Diana's sword away. Yikes, what a fight.

I have this funny image of Steve Trevor and Peggy Carter snacking on a bag of popcorn while this fight goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    See, that’s what I thought, but when Thor gained Mjolnir’s power again in his first movie, there was a big light show to convey that power-up - and he was given armour on the spot. Cap lacked all that.
    Maybe there was a big light show because Mjolnir was revitalizing Thor? After all, Thor had just been thoroughly wrecked by the Destroyer (it looked like his neck was broken). It almost looked like Mjolnir was bringing Thor back from the dead.