Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How would this battle change if Wonder Woman was allowed to also use her lasso?
    Eh, the lasso has a weakness to being blown away by wind, and Steve-with-mallet is going to be able to generate a crapton of that.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, the lasso has a weakness to being blown away by wind, and Steve-with-mallet is going to be able to generate a crapton of that.
    Blown away by TK. Wind was just side scatter. His TK was pretty potent all things considered.

Im leery on giving Steve anything beyond lightning tbh. Even Thor only generated a proper wind effect like... once? I know he's darkened the sky a few times but I mean for fighting purposes.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Spectacular Member

I'm willing to spot Steve the stats of Thor back when he wielded Mjolnir, but spotting him Thor's skill with weather manipulation seems a bit generous. Steve could probably form a thunder storm, but it'd be pretty rough. Steve might be able to call down a tornado, but I doubt that he would be able to direct it with any kind of precision.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Blown away by TK. Wind was just side scatter. His TK was pretty potent all things considered.

Im leery on giving Steve anything beyond lightning tbh. Even Thor only generated a proper wind effect like... once? I know he's darkened the sky a few times but I mean for fighting purposes.
    Thor generated and operated inside of a tornado in Thor.

The storm that the Avengers were flying through after capturing Loki is STRONGLY hinted at being caused by Thor.

When the rain is pouring down in Dark World, it's not falling on Jane and her intern/servant/broke girl. Jane walks away and it keeps not falling on her. This is clearly Thor's doing. Broke Girl gives Thor a look, and he nods and puts out the storm.

Weather manipulation is part and parcel to what he does. He uses lightning more than other things, but that's just how he rolls.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The storm that the Avengers were flying through after capturing Loki is STRONGLY hinted at being caused by Thor.

When the rain is pouring down in Dark World, it's not falling on Jane and her intern/servant/broke girl. Jane walks away and it keeps not falling on her. This is clearly Thor's doing. Broke Girl gives Thor a look, and he nods and puts out the storm.

Weather manipulation is part and parcel to what he does. He uses lightning more than other things, but that's just how he rolls.
    That's all fine but like I said, seems like only 1 good feat for wind in an actual combat circumstance.

Im not arguing Thor couldn't do something. Im arguing Steve shouldn't be able to. Lightning seems to be more of a standard frequently used thing.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

That's all fine but like I said, seems like only 1 good feat for wind in an actual combat circumstance.

Im not arguing Thor couldn't do something. Im arguing Steve shouldn't be able to. Lightning seems to be more of a standard frequently used thing.
    I'm certainly not going to argue. Like I said before, I don't think that this is a particularly good Rumble, because we are all pretty iffy on exactly what boost and amp Cap got, and just how much of the Thor-pack he's actually unlocked.

BANNED

in other words just like fox storm?

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    in other words just like fox storm?
    Fox Storm called down like a dozen category 6 tornadoes in seconds with all the effort of making her eyes glow.

That's pretty ridiculous.
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Fox Storm called down like a dozen category 6 tornadoes in seconds with all the effort of making her eyes glow.

That's pretty ridiculous.
    lol I only remember her outing in DOFP where she wasn't exactly impressive( though even that memory is also hazy) it having been the most recent one that I watched. I don't remember the trilogy movies at all since it has been ages since I last saw them so I will take your word for it.