Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That being said, we have no idea if these shows will be in the MCU or not. We have to wait and see.
    The list of marvel television shows wiki says these new hulu live action shows will be in the mcu.
    This list too from above that i posted.
    Marvel Cinematic Universe
    In May 2019, Marvel announced that Marvel's Ghost Rider and Marvel's Helstrom had been greenlit for the service, and that the former will focus on the "same character [introduced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.] with [a] new story that lives unto its own."
    Robbie will be the same character from aos.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-07-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The list of marvel television shows wiki says these new hulu live action shows will be in the mcu.
    This list too from above that i posted.
    Marvel Cinematic Universe

Robbie will be the same character from aos.
    I was responding to someone who was saying that, if Ghost Rider and Agents of SHIELD were in different universes, that would mean Agents of SHIELD was in an alternate universe. I said that was absurd. If anything, it would be Ghost Rider. Although, as I said from the beginning, the answer is that neither is in a separate universe.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Love Reyes' 69 Hell Charger!

Posted by Gabriel Luna art by Gabriele Dell'Otto
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-08-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Anyone else kept expecting Rev9 Terminator skeleton to burst into a flaming skull?

Last edited by Güicho; 05-24-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Sorta wish they got a different actor for Ghost Rider. He doesn't seem young enough to play Robbie and his acting wasn't all that remember able
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Sorta wish they got a different actor for Ghost Rider. He doesn't seem young enough to play Robbie and his acting wasn't all that remember able
    He's pretty good. Not the greatest stuff to work with either, but he sold it^.
    The whole SHIELD set up was an odd fit to begin with (and going with a younger Reyes would have made it even more awkward), should have just launched him on his own.
    Or better from the go tied it to Netflix Defenders U, for a Marvel Knights bloc of shows.
    Although going younger would have been an odd fit there too.

For younger they could have cast his brother Gabriel, (probably closer to the right age now).

Or Robbie could pass the mantle to him, have we had a Flaming Wheel Chair riding Ghost Rider yet? Maybe his time has come
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-25-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Real shame they have stuck with the guy from AoS. He's too old, and so is the actor they had playing Gabe.

The whole hook of the character should be he's a young carer, on top of being a supernatural super hero. Gabe is his 'Aunt May' - practically adult Gabe just doesnt have the same impact, nor does an adult Robbie.

Probably going to end up passing on the show given this tbh
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Apperantly Gabriel Luna pitched Norman Reedus to play Johnny Blaze
    During a Q&A, he answered a variety of questions with one being who he would love to see play one of the most famous incarnations of Ghost Rider, .... His top choice was The Walking Dead‘s Norman Reedus.https://mcuexchange.com/gabriel-luna-johnny-blaze
    Maybe now that they are spinning off their own show they could pursue something like that.
    Would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Disney's official position from the beginning has been that all of it is part of the MCU proper. Kevin Feige explicitly referenced Agents of SHIELD in explaining parts of Age of Ultron.
    spoilers:
    A character from Agent Carter appeared in Endgame.
    end of spoilers

I don't know at this point what has to be done for people to understand that it absolutely counts as MCU proper.

That being said, we have no idea if these shows will be in the MCU or not. We have to wait and see.
    Dude, Im with you. I dont get why some people don't think these shows share the universe, just because the movies don't directly reference them.

We've still had the movies drop a few easter eggs tied to the tv side of things. Fury cut his way out of his SUV in Winter Soldier using a device invented on Agents of SHIELD. Endgame gave us a cameo of a tv character who had never been in the films before. There's others that I can't remember right now. The old MCU thread had a whole list.

And the tv side of things ties into the films all the time. Hell, if I recall correctly, Agents of SHIELD even had a sly reference to the Netflix Defenders.

It's all the same world. If someone requires Robert Downy Jr walking on set for Agents of SHIELD, they were always just setting themselves up for disappointment. The legal and logistical problems involved in this sort of thing are crazy difficult to overcome (and yet they've still managed to pull it off with Fury, Sif, Hill, etc!).

The way I see it, the shows all share the same continuity until the movies directly contradict them. The films are king when it comes to MCU continuity, so if we get Daredevil introduced in a movie, then odds are the Netflix show is no longer in the same universe. But until something like that happens? It's all connected.

Hell, if you live in America, odds are you almost never hear about anything that happens in Norway. And odds are it has no impact on your life. Does that mean Norway is not a part of the same world? Of course not. It just means the world is a big place and people don't hear about everything happening in every corner of it.

And if the argument is "the tv shows have dealt with some big problems the Avengers would've been involved with!" then where were the Avengers when Thor was fighting elves in London? Where where they when Tony was presumed dead and fighting AIM? Where was Iron Man when Cap was trying to blow up helicarriers in Washington DC? You know where they were? Dealing with their own stuff somewhere else. Same goes for the tv shows. Why didn't the Avengers deal with Inhumans showing up? Because they were friggin busy.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-25-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The whole SHIELD set up was an odd fit to begin with (and going with a younger Reyes would have made it even more awkward), should have just launched him on his own.
    Or better from the go tied it to Netflix Defenders U, for a Marvel Knights bloc of shows.
    Although going younger would have been an odd fit there too.

For younger they could have cast his brother Gabriel, (probably closer to the right age now).
    I think AOS was probably the best place for him to show up simply because it's probably the Marvel show with the best budget and, therefore, the best visual effects. I don't think the Netflix shows would've made the GR looks as good as the AOS people did, honestly. Plus, considering how things went down between Marvel and Netflix, yeah, Ghost Rider wouldn't be in a good place right now.

Extraordinary Member

Deleted reply.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Apperantly Gabriel Luna pitched Norman Reedus to play Johnny Blaze

Maybe now that they are spinning off their own show they could pursue something like that.
    Would be fantastic.
    My choice for Blaze would be Josh Holloway (Lost, Intelligence, Colony & Yellowstone). Holloway is 50 and could of spent a couple decades riding around as Ghost Rider before meeting Reyes version.

I think Reedus would probably be too busy anyway with him now being the lead of the Walking Dead franchise and his motorcycle travel show.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Knights & More HAVE a Future in the MCU
    Last edited by mace11; 09-24-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

MCU Hellstrom will be Scary as F & Tap into Terror of Comics - Avengers & Marvel Phase 4 Future

Extraordinary Member

Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider Rumored for Ghost Rider on HULU