Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just wonder how much budget they'll have for an actual Ghost Rider show vs. what they had to work with on AoS.
    AoS was still a primetime major network show (ABC) so that's already a budget much higher than a lot of other shows

Time is also a factor with these CGI special effects
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm excited but a little miffed its a reboot. I dug the AOS take on Robbie.

I guess now I have a reason to drop Netflix for HULU.
    Seems like it might be a chance to tie the whole thing to the other riders.

Never mind that it could be a bit of a curve ball to ask new viewers to be up to speed on a past they might not be aware of.

I'm curious if they'll connect Ghost Rider and Hellstrom through Mephisto (who I know isn't involved with Robbie's Ghost Rider, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    Because Jeph Loeb is going to be "spending more time with his family" and "seeking greater challenges" any minute now
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

But ... they said it was all connected.. ( I know they lied ..Im just trolling)
    It's all connected.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    AOS is the only series that actually mixed characters ane stories from the movies, but they've had a low budget and didn't go both ways.
    AOS is not the only mcu show that did that.
    The Agent peggy carter show did it too.

The Disney Plus shows will have "The Mandalorian" sized budgets, so they'll feel out of place.
    I don't think aos and the peggy carter show looked out of place too.
    AOS budget was not low and looking at that show it was like looking at a mini movie every week.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-01-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here some other views on the show.
    Ghost Rider show, writers?
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...riters.507271/

Cast D.B. Woodside as Daniel Ketch.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 05-01-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Edited/added info above.

BANNED

Hellstorm, huh? That's one of my favorite characters.

Guess I'll check this out but so far most Marvel TV shows have been low budget and overall pretty disappointing... The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is the one I'm really looking forward to.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was starting to lose hope that we would see a Ghost Rider live action production. I think this should've been done right after Luna finished his guest role on AOS. But oh well, better late than never. Kinda weird that it won't have any connection to AOS, but maybe they just mean it'll take place on a different time or it just won't cross over with a production from another network. It'll be very weird if they just reboot the entire character and his mythos with the same actor. And while it makes sense that Robbie will be in it, I do hope the show will feature other characters who've been/are the hosts of the Spirit Of Vengeance. Johnny, Danny, and hell, maybe even poor forgotten Alejandra. I would be glad if this turned out to be an ensemble show.

And OMG, the Hellstroms! Or should I say... Helstroms? What is up with Marvel TV and last names with a double L anyway? First they turned Killgrave into Kilgrave, and now Hellstrom becomes Helstrom. Is there some kind of policy against controversial words on names of live action characters I'm not aware of? LOL Anyway, I am SUPER excited for this, because I love the Hellstrom siblings and I think there is a lot of potential in a TV series starring them both. Hopefully both shows can crossover, as they have some demonic elements in common. And hey, maybe we could even get a crossover with the Runaways, as Daimon interacted with Nico in Avengers Undercover and IIRC, even brought Alex back to life.

Is the sister supposed to be Satana?
    Sounds like it. The official Marvel website used a Satana picture to headline the article, which I'm assuming it's not a coincidence. Sounds like the show might not start revealing their origins right away. I mean, they are not described as being the children of a demon, but the children of a serial killer. My guess is that it's going to be one of those ''slow development'' things, so Ana might become a villain called Satana later on.

Kind of a shame they won't have Patsy/Hellcat in it.
    Right? It's like the worst timing. Trish finally gets a chance to become Hellcat in the MCU, JJ gets cancelled, and now Daimon makes his debut. I really, really hope once Marvel can use the Netflix characters again they add her to the supporting cast of this show. It'd be a great place to continue her story in the MCU.

Are they building up to a Midnight Sons thing on Hulu ;?
    It's possible. The Marvel article ends with them referring to both shows as the ''SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE cornerstone''. Sounds like some joint initiative. Spirits Of Vengeance was also the name of the recent mini that had the Hellstroms and Ghost Rider teaming up. Maybe a Blade announcement will be next? My personal wish would be for Moon Knight and the Bloodstones to join this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Was kind of hoping they'd cast a new actor ...someone younger, hotter, with more acting talent to play Robbie Reyes but I guess I'm stuck with Gabriel Luna.
    Ouch, harsh much? Although I do wish they had cast a younger Robbie in the MCU.

I'm curious if they'll connect Ghost Rider and Hellstrom through Mephisto (who I know isn't involved with Robbie's Ghost Rider, but still).
    I actually thought of that, and I think it's a perfect way to connect both shows. The synopsis for the GR shows DOES say he'll be bound to a demon, and assuming that they'll keep Daimon and (Sat)Ana as children of the devil, I could see them tying both stories together by saying Mephisto is the serial killer AND the demon.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-02-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    AOS is not the only mcu show that did that.
    The Agent peggy carter show did it too.
    Yeah. The Red Room was a major feature of season one and there's a post-credits scene that's a pretty explicit reference to Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Also, Endgame spoilers:

spoilers:
    I really had hoped we would have retired this whole thing about the TV shows not being connected to the movies after Endgame. If the argument is that it can only be connected to the movies if the movies feature a character that originated in a TV show, I would have hoped the appearance of Jarvis (a character who was never hinted at being a real person in the movies previously) would have finally ended these stupid comments. I guess it's possible people haven't seen Endgame yet and they're just talking out of their ass but I hope this argument would end in the next couple months.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

They shouldn’t start something they’re not going to finish.

my guess is the seasons will be 10 episodes or less. Hopefully the budgets will be spaced out to provide good effects and action sequences. I Hope the Helstrom series focuses on mysteries with a supernatural component. Possibly approaching this like Marvel's Constantine?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm excited but a little miffed its a reboot. I dug the AOS take on Robbie.

I guess now I have a reason to drop Netflix for HULU.
    Same here.

I'll tune in but this is frustrating. I see no problem with him staring in a show 2 yrs removed from his AoS season 4.
    A few lines of dialogue in the opening episode followed by a few scenes as necessary in subsequent episodes catches everyone up as needed for story purposes.

------
    Hellstrom...this is a farther left field pick that excites me!! Color me very, very curious!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime