Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Same here.

I'll tune in but this is frustrating. I see no problem with him staring in a show 2 yrs removed from his AoS season 4.
    A few lines of dialogue in the opening episode followed by a few scenes as necessary in subsequent episodes catches everyone up as needed for story purposes.

------
    Hellstrom...this is a farther left field pick that excites me!! Color me very, very curious!!
    It's gonna be on Hulu+ so they could have just linked season 4 of AOS to it. If you like the show also check out this sort of thing. A crossover down the road would be cool but I wouldn't be in a rush for it (they could wait a season or two).

I'm interested in Hellstorm. It would be cool if Trish made an appearance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was starting to lose hope that we would see a Ghost Rider live action production. I think this should've been done right after Luna finished his guest role on AOS. But oh well, better late than never. Kinda weird that it won't have any connection to AOS, but maybe they just mean it'll take place on a different time or it just won't cross over with a production from another network. It'll be very weird if they just reboot the entire character and his mythos with the same actor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Same here.

I'll tune in but this is frustrating. I see no problem with him staring in a show 2 yrs removed from his AoS season 4.
    A few lines of dialogue in the opening episode followed by a few scenes as necessary in subsequent episodes catches everyone up as needed for story purposes.

------
    Hellstrom...this is a farther left field pick that excites me!! Color me very, very curious!!

Here some views on this as well.
    Ghost Rider And Helstrom Coming To Hulu

Manuel Alberto Romero12 hours ago
    I think the idea is that the events of Agents of Shield won't necessarily play a huge role in the Ghost Rider series, not that they are rebooting the character altogether.

Shawn Zamir FFXV12 hours ago
    Manuel Alberto Romero I willing to bet money it’s a complete reboot. I just hope we get more Ghost Riders like Danny Ketch, Johnny Blaze, Alejandra Jones, James Badilino, and Nobel Kale.

DJ Nevahwen12 hours ago (edited)
    Manuel Alberto Romero that's what i was thinking of too maybe they'll mention his adventures with SHIELD on occasion but not regularly so it won't mess with his story i think that's what they'll do and i think they'll bring Lorenzo James Henrie back as Gabe Reyes (Robbie's brother who was also introduced on Shield) and maybe they'll finally introduce the MCU version of Johnny Blaze who was the one who passed the Ghost Rider mantle to Robbie in the flashback episode that was apart of his arc on SHIELD and who should play Johnny Blaze in the series my predictions are Norman Redius (if he's available depending on his Walking Dead schedule) or take a big swing and bring Nicolas Cage back to the role. And i'd be ok if they get someone else for the role but bring Johnny Blaze on as a mentor to Robbie and have him train Robbie to be in full control of his powers.

Manuel Alberto Romero12 hours ago
    @Shawn Zamir FFXV i find that unlikely.

Bruce Snow1 day ago
    Variety is being dumb. I'm pretty sure all they meant was that this would be separate in every way, but it's still the same character obviously.

Chile_En_ Nogada10 hours ago
    It will be the same character and actor as Agents of Shield. Simply the Agents of shield wont be in it. But it is connected in the sense that he still has those memories.

Ghost Rider And Helstrom Coming To Hulu
    Last edited by mace11; 05-03-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think the idea is that the events of Agents of Shield won't necessarily play a huge role in the Ghost Rider series, not that they are rebooting the character altogether.
    That was my take as well, but we'll see.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That was my take as well, but we'll see.
    Some updated info about new hulu mcu shows.
    Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Hulu
    In August 2016, Marvel announced that Marvel's Runaways had received a pilot order from Hulu, eventually receiving a 10 episode order the following May. That July, Loeb confirmed the series would take place in the MCU saying, "It all lives in the same world, how it's connected and where it's connected and what it's going to be connected to remains to be seen." He added that the characters would not be concerned with the actions of others in the universe, instead focusing on their own issues. This allowed showrunners Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage to deal with concepts such as superheroics and fantasy without explaining them to the audience, since they are already well established in the MCU, while still focusing on their own characters, which they described as "liberating".
    In May 2019, Marvel announced that Marvel's Ghost Rider and Marvel's Helstrom had been greenlit for the service, and that the former will focus on the "same character [introduced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.] with [a] new story that lives unto its own."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    Nice bolded piece there in the posting.

Good find, thanks for sharing!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Ghost Rider TV Series a Reboot of the Character or Not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_T81aYNYNs

Damn wish this was on Disney+(which I'll be getting for the Mando) , I had no reason to get HULU.
    If they were also doing a new Blade (Eric Brooks) and then teamed him with Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) with Brooks and Reyes as the start of a new Midnight Sons I'd be all in.

Poor Danny.

Ghost Rider was at peak popularity during his run. The look and powers were codefied during his run.

Everybody but him gets a shot at a book/movie/series.

Yeah. I blame the Fox movie that took Danny Ketch but called him Johnny Blaze

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Niffleheim

Does Hulu count as MCU proper? I thought anything outside of Disney plus will be MCU adjacent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah. I blame the Fox movie that took Danny Ketch but called him Johnny Blaze
    And Nick Cage.

Which shows that love of a character does not necessarily equal a good performance.

I mean. If Robbie rides a motorcycle and has the classic look I'll give this a shot, but I gave 616 Robbie a shot or two already. Zero interest in the character or his story.

Or look.

Or the car.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9pm3Nn...ource=ig_embed

Love Reyes' 69 Hell Charger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I mean. If Robbie rides a motorcycle and has the classic look I'll give this a shot,.
    I prefer they are all different (not sure why people want them all the same) helps distinguishes him from Blaze's classic motorcycle.
    and Slade's horse, with a new ride.

I hope they can introduce a versions of Slade, and reintroduce Blaze and the Motorcycle in this series.
    If so I like the suggestion of Charlie Hunnam as Blaze.
    (yes cause SoA)

Last edited by Güicho; 05-07-2019 at 06:05 PM.

i hope lots of villains get updated and used for the TV series.. lots of obscure folks available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Does Hulu count as MCU proper? I thought anything outside of Disney plus will be MCU adjacent.
    Disney's official position from the beginning has been that all of it is part of the MCU proper. Kevin Feige explicitly referenced Agents of SHIELD in explaining parts of Age of Ultron.
    spoilers:
    A character from Agent Carter appeared in Endgame.
    end of spoilers

I don't know at this point what has to be done for people to understand that it absolutely counts as MCU proper.

That being said, we have no idea if these shows will be in the MCU or not. We have to wait and see.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope lots of villains get updated and used for the TV series.. lots of obscure folks available.
    I really want to see the Orb, a disfigured guy with a creepy giant eyeball helmet.

I have a feeling we will probably get a bunch of grounded human villains for the first season though. Ghost Rider is said to be set on the Texas/Mexican border so we will probably get a bunch of cartel villains, rednecks and corrupt border agency types.