Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I think the ultimate problem is Feige/Marvel Studios just doesn't want to address/acknowledge Marvel Television.

Niffleheim

He can ignore the Netflix TV show but the rest of the other shows like, AOS, Runaways and Cloak & Dagger will appear in Disney+

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'm angry on this as I did enjoy seeing the MCU TV Take on Robbie Reyes and Gabriel Luna fit the character so well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the ultimate problem is Feige/Marvel Studios just doesn't want to address/acknowledge Marvel Television.
    Not unless we fans put the pressure on him for this.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Not unless we fans put the pressure on him for this.
    Majority of MCU fans ignore anything connected to AOS so most ppl will wait for either a Feige produced limited series or a movie.

I'm not really interested in Ghost Rider showing up in a Feige production. There's more interesting properties he could tackle, and if the rest of Marvel Horror is partitioned on Hulu, then it doesn't really give them much to play with.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This doesn't make sense. Robbie Reyes already was part of Marvel Television. Canceling his own show doesn't change that. If you're saying Feige could just ignore Agents of SHIELD, why couldn't he ignore this too?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The movies aren't beholden to the tv shows nor do they try to be. The movies do what they want to do and try to stay accurate to the movie universe. The tv shows work around the movies and make reference but it's not like the movies ever do the same. Look at Agents of Shield between the Inhumans and Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. in the press you'd think that be kind of hard to ignore. But the movies don't concern themselves with that.

Honestly, it's a smarter decision. The movies have a much bigger audience than the tv show. It'd be like Star Wars forcefully adhering to their extended Universe in the movies despite over half the audience not watching/reading those stories.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The movies aren't beholden to the tv shows nor do they try to be. The movies do what they want to do and try to stay accurate to the movie universe. The tv shows work around the movies and make reference but it's not like the movies ever do the same. Look at Agents of Shield between the Inhumans and Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. in the press you'd think that be kind of hard to ignore. But the movies don't concern themselves with that.

Honestly, it's a smarter decision. The movies have a much bigger audience than the tv show. It'd be like Star Wars forcefully adhering to their extended Universe in the movies despite over half the audience not watching/reading those stories.
    Honestly, it isn't completely unlike the approach in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Yeah, if you want shows really connected to the movies, that's what the Disney+ originals are for.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I was just thinking about the rumor of Feige wanting to use Ghost Rider and how that would be awkward while Marvel TV is also exploring the franchise. And then this happens... which yeah, doesn't feel coincidental at all. They claim it was because of ''creative differences'' but remember: that was the same excuse they gave back when Luke Cage was cancelled after a season 3 was already being planned, and we know now that it wasn't creative differences that led to every single Marvel show on Netflix to be cancelled.

And now that I think about it, there were also rumors that Marvel TV and Marvel Studios were fighting over Blade, and now I'm starting to believe those were real. Jeph Loeb has referred to this Hulu initiative as ''Spirits Of Vengeance'', which is the name of the comic that had Blade, Ghost Rider and the Hellstroms teaming up. I have the feeling Marvel TV was building up to that on Hulu, and then Marvel Studios came along and snatched Blade. Now they might've snatched Ghost Rider as well. Moon Knight could make for a good Hulu show, but Marvel Studios took that one too. There is no point in keeping Marvel TV as it is if they're gonna keep being undermined like that by Marvel Studios. It's about time Disney does to Marvel TV what they did to Marvel Studios: divorce them from Marvel Entertainment and let them work closely with Marvel Studios and Disney instead of against them.

And after the recent revelations from Bob Iger's book, describing just how bad things were between Feige and Perlmutter (Feige almost quit at one point), yeah, I can see why that would be the case. Until Perlmutter is gone or Marvel TV answers directly to Feige and his team, I fear nothing's gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This doesn't make sense. Robbie Reyes already was part of Marvel Television. Canceling his own show doesn't change that. If you're saying Feige could just ignore Agents of SHIELD, why couldn't he ignore this too?
    If Feige wants to use Ghost Rider in a big way, maybe even giving him his own production, then it would be a conflict of interest for them to allow a Marvel show with the same name to be produced at the same time. That could cause some IP confusion and competition within Marvel that they likely would want to avoid. That's the reason why Inhumans only got a show after the movie was cancelled. That show never would've happened if Feige had gone through with his plans of making a movie out of that particular franchise.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Why would they blame Hulu under that scenario?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Use Alejandra just for kicks.
    As a fan of hers I'm all for this.
    I have a love/hate with the Absolute Carnage tie-in Symbiote of Vengeance but I see ways for her to come back. They alluded to it. Also, the art in that book was awesome!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Ghost Rider in Development for Marvel Studios & Disney+

Extraordinary Member

Marvel TV was Embarrassed by MCU & Kevin Feige - MCU TV & Disney Plus Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AauCzT3muQ0