Default Huan vs MCU Thanos

It is the endgame. Thanos stands with his sword outside the collapsed avengers compound. This time, Thor, Tony and Steve Rogers don't come out to face him. This time he is faced by the Huan the hound of Valinor. Who wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I've got nothing on Thanos, as I've not seen the movie.

Huan? He lays a righteous smackdown on Sauron back when Sauron could still change his form (and did, through the fight, not that it helped), and pulls off a draw against a Silmaril-'empowered' (if by empowered, we mean 'ate it, and it's the like the most potent East Indian food on the planet x 1 000 in his gut, but hey, at least it's giving him some kind of oomph -- and berserk fury -- beyond his norm') werewolf who was busting through Melian's wards like they were nothing. Presentation-wise, he was one of Oromë's hounds, which likely makes him an 'embodied' Maia.

Buuuut...that doesn't really tell us a lot. Feats?

Well, the sound of his baying and Carcharoth's howls were literally tearing granite cliffs apart (the sounds, yes). He also easily caught an arrow in flight, when said arrow was loosed by potentially the greatest hunter the Noldor ever had (who also happened to be one of the greatest shits the Noldor ever produced -- and maaaan, that takes some doing, because the Noldor, they had a lot of jerks in their group -- but that takes nothing away from his hunting skills).

Has other feats -- stuff like running for staggering distances without stopping, while carrying Lúthien as if he were a horse (yes, he's bloody huge) -- but those kinds of things don't matter, here.

...I really think that's all.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...I'd certainly pay to see the fight, in any case.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate