Default Disney might be bringing back another Lucas franchise for Disney+

Nope, not Indy (That's already in the works). According to rumors, they are considering bringing back Willow, the movie which starred Warwick C Davis along with Val Kilmer, which sort of mixed the kind of part of the Star Wars formula (A ragtag group of unlikely heroes) with a fantasy setting (slightly similar to LOTR). Despite a lot of marketing from Lucas and co. the film wasn't a huge hit but has sort of had a cult following in the year since.

It will be another one of the Disney+ series along with Mandalorian, Clone Wars revival, Cassian and of course the tons of Marvel projects.

They can even bring Warwick back I think, he's not really that old. He didn't do the Leprechaun sequel/soft reboot that came out a while back but can you blame him?

Ron Howard is said to be involved. Sure, SOLO wasn't exactly a huge hit but I think that's partially due to circumstances beyond his control.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wasn't a huge fan (way to derivative of LOTR) but there was enough there to feel like it's own. Willow was a charming character, I'd love to see Warwick Davis reprise. Madmartigan was probably the best (fun!) thing about it.

I remember reading the first of the Chris Claremont (of X-Men fame) novels, but it was sorely lacking Madmartigan.
    I imagine the baby [Princess Elora] who Willow rescues (who the Claremont books were about) will be all grown, and likely the focus of Wilow's call back to adventure.
    If true, I'm slightly curious to see what they do with it?
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-03-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Always loved Willow, charming little movie. (and i'm still in love with Sorcha to this day)

The potential good news about that it could replace those awful books as the official post-movie canon. Or then maybe they are going to just adapt the books lol. (which i doubt though)

I loved Willow too. Would totally be interested in a reimagining. I heard about the other books with bratty teen Elora but never read them myself.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    ...bratty teen Elora but never read them myself.
    Sounds like this is tailor made for the next Disney Princess.
    And yeah the way Jedi sequals focus on Rey
    These will focus on Elora (now the right age), with Willow taking on the magical-whimsical reluctant assistant role to her call to adventure. .
    If Val Kilmer/Madmartigan (unlike the books) returns, he'll probably be the faded warrior coming back for one last fight and sacrifice.
    If they can get Howard to come back to direct, it ties it neatly in a bow.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-08-2019 at 07:01 PM.

I really hope this works out the book sequels were terrible.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd certainly be down for more Willow

I'm glad I'm not the only one saying, "as long as it isn't involving the books.

I could see them rebooting the entire series to set up for a trilogy. A simple continuation now would I think be lackluster.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

What about the baby, Willow?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Willow gets a 2022 release date:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/moviewe...e-disney-plus/

Didn't Clairmont do the book sequels? I think I remember reading one of them.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-11-2020 at 10:34 PM.