Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Iron Man 2 is great. Its all wonderful character stuff but with no story arc, there is little pay off. Still, it set up a lot of things that pay off later on. It gets better once you watch it after you see everything that came afterwards.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I like what they were doing with Vanko. Was his father really the Steve Wozniack to Howard Stark's Steve Jobs? Or more closely; the Jack Kirby to Howard's Stan Lee? :P
    The ambiguity of it made for an interesting conflict. The same goes for Justin Hammer. His whole Daffy Duck to Stark's Bugs Bunny routine was fun to watch but its not resolved in a satisfying way. Also, Stark just thrashed his reputation and got in an iron fist fight with his best buddy. Then he shows up at his rival Justin Hammer's demonstration and immediately the latter's drones go rogue, then Stark's CEO/girlfriend has Hammer, a CEO, arrested because she overhead Hammer was working with a criminal and the only other guy who could admit to it is Vanko who dies in the incident. The only people who could vouch for Stark on this are his girlfriend, best friend, head of the spy organization that Stark's father founded and the employee who works for said organization. If I was a plebian in the MCU, I would just assume Stark set up the whole thing to make himself and wipe out the competition.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I am one of the few people who loves IM2 more than IM1, and most certainly more than IM3.

Seriously underrated movie.

Cheers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Iron Man 2 is great. Its all wonderful character stuff but with no story arc, there is little pay off. Still, it set up a lot of things that pay off later on. It gets better once you watch it after you see everything that came afterwards.
    TRUE! I agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like what they were doing with Vanko. Was his father really the Steve Wozniack to Howard Stark's Steve Jobs? Or more closely; the Jack Kirby to Howard's Stan Lee? :P
    The ambiguity of it made for an interesting conflict. The same goes for Justin Hammer. His whole Daffy Duck to Stark's Bugs Bunny routine was fun to watch but its not resolved in a satisfying way. Also, Stark just thrashed his reputation and got in an iron fist fight with his best buddy. Then he shows up at his rival Justin Hammer's demonstration and immediately the latter's drones go rogue, then Stark's CEO/girlfriend has Hammer, a CEO, arrested because she overhead Hammer was working with a criminal and the only other guy who could admit to it is Vanko who dies in the incident. The only people who could vouch for Stark on this are his girlfriend, best friend, head of the spy organization that Stark's father founded and the employee who works for said organization. If I was a plebian in the MCU, I would just assume Stark set up the whole thing to make himself and wipe out the competition.
    Jesus Christ, you're damn right! Thank you so much for this brilliant insight.

Nine years ago I said, "Iron Man 2 only needed drunk Tony Stark in the Iron Man suit to be slapped by Captain America to be perfect."

I maintain that opinion.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium