Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I think Vanko deserved another movie...
    He was the worst part for me. I liked most of the movie except Whiplash/ Iron Dynamo or whoever he was. He brought the whole thing down for me. Rockwell I'd love to come back as Hammer though

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not just a Fox X-Men fan. I like MCU. I just hate and despise the MCU Thor and his terrible movies, as well as the cinematic adaptation they concocted for some minor characters: in primis, Falcon and Hawkeye.

I'm a huge Iron Man fan (I also collect the action figures from the movies, mark by mark LOL) and I always loved "IRON MAN 2".
    To me it's a brilliant movie featuring a wonderful script, Downey Jr even more confortable as Tony Stark, terrific action scenes and the best solo superhero aerial battle ever put on a movie.
    The story-arc about the "new element" is just mindblowing and meaningful.

Yes, I still think that "Iron Man 3" did not deserve such a huge commercial success, it was truly overblown, but I must say that it's a very good movie anyway. I didn't like the constant and mishandled DECONSTRUCTIONISM of the "Iron Man" mythology, quite frankly.
    To me, the real THIRD chapter of the Iron Man saga will always be "The Avengers" (2012) which, still today, it's the best superhero team movie ever put on-screen; however, I always felt that Iron Man was the pivotal figure and the absolute lead on that.

So okay, guys, now you know what I think. Show some love and respect for "IRON MAN 2", this is the time!
    You nearly had me until the “new element” bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    You nearly had me until the “new element” bit.
    Whoa. Why?

BANNED

I think, if not for Sam Rockwell, this movie would have done major damage to the MCU brand. Something other than Downey was needed and he stepped up to carry the movie to an acceptable level.

Almost everything else about this was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think, if not for Sam Rockwell, this movie would have done major damage to the MCU brand. Something other than Downey was needed and he stepped up to carry the movie to an acceptable level.

Almost everything else about this was pretty bad.
    Cheadle elevated the movie, too. I actually think RDJ was the weak link here. Like he didn't think this would get as big as it did. RDJ turned it up to 11 in Avengers and everything past that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cheadle elevated the movie, too. I actually think RDJ was the weak link here. Like he didn't think this would get as big as it did. RDJ turned it up to 11 in Avengers and everything past that.
    "Iron Man 2" is actually one of his best performances.

Extraordinary Member

The worst movie Marvel has made was at the very least entertaining and re-watchable.

This was more fun than the Ed Norton Hulk if I have to set a bottom rung.

The worst thing about IM2 for me is that, if anything, RDJ's decent into excess should have gone further.

But there's a lot to be said about how MCU Stark would have turned his ethical awakening into another ego trip if he hadn't gotten sick. Him thinking he was
    dying only sped up the process.

"Iron Man 2" is actually one of his best performances.
    Not really.

He never really touched the bottom. It was more of the same from Iron Man.

Hit hit nerves in Avengers and IM3.

He tapped into some consistent eccentricities used throughout the rest of his MCU career in Avengers & IM3.

His performance was still great, but Cheadle and Rockwell really elevated the movie. Rourke phoned it in, IMHO. RDJ was still good but not the greatness he was in IM3 or even Avengers.

And I don't fault him for it. It was largely paint-by-numbers and you can see him checked out in certain scenes. Had they gone full Demon in the Bottle, I think RDJ would've nailed it. As evidenced in IM3's PTS scenes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Cheadle elevated the movie,
    Hmmmm... Now that you say that, he was actually the gravitas where you would think would have been the Stane character. No question he elevated this and really, any project, however I wish that War Machine accomplished a piece of that. There was no learning curve to Rhodes, ever. It's whatev, it got realized action figures out of it so... I liked Rockwell too. So, it's not even a complete level of attrition that the more we get these movies the less I tie them to the source material. A convenient level of disbelief suspension is required when one fondly remembers the entire Rhodes (Demon) arc but not a huge hurdle. A little struggle would have been cool, Cheadle most def would have pulled it off had it been part of the script.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

While I like Iron Man 3 more My favorite Iron Man 2 moments

Tony watching his dad.

Tony suiting up at race.

Tony's entrance at Stark Expose.

Senate scene.

Strawberry scene just thought it was funny.

Donuts.

Black Widow in the original MCU hallway scene.

War Machine and Iron Man fighting together.

Anything with Justin Hammer.

Little Prick scene at the end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While I like Iron Man 3 more My favorite Iron Man 2 moments

Tony watching his dad.

Tony suiting up at race.

Tony's entrance at Stark Expose.

Senate scene.

Strawberry scene just thought it was funny.

Donuts.

Black Widow in the original MCU hallway scene.

War Machine and Iron Man fighting together.

Anything with Justin Hammer.

Little Prick scene at the end.

Yeah man, yeah. Nice groove. I'm liking you now.

I may be in the minority but I really disliked Justin Hammer. I guess I'm not a fan of goofy villains. And even if some think goofy is too strong a word he was still played for laughs against Vanko. Likewise in the minority, I liked Vanko. The racetrack scene was worth the price of admission.

Incredible Member

I got love for IM2, this scene was lit

I get fired up every time when they pull their masks down ^^^

Rourke phoned it in, IMHO.
    I'm gonna shoot Micky Rourke some bail. I give him a B+. He played the hand he was dealt. He hit big once already on the superhero wave with Marv, not that far removed and his career was high. Might be asking alot. So here comes this early MCU wave and the pitch he got was- it's a ton of green-screen, Downey, you'd be fourth billed and then after that the script is gonna be fast and loose. His character's Uncle Ben dies before the Iron Man 2 title card, a that's gotta be some kind of record. Rourke's got like 20 minutes of screentime.

Venko's look, wasn't real inspired, which to me seemed the most phoned in. Maybe Rourke wore some of his own clothes as a contract clause. Between the jumpsuits. I own more than a couple Black/Whiplash appearances, there is only up to go in the characters design for the screen. He's definitely the goofiest looking rouge Iron Man has. He IS the whip, It might just look better than it had any right to.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.