Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default calling Hulk a superhero...

I think grossly generalizes him. Yes he has strength and speed, but doesn't he really just fight for himself and want to be alone? Plus he causes more destruction and mayhem more than help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I think grossly generalizes him. Yes he has strength and speed, but doesn't he really just fight for himself and want to be alone? Plus he causes more destruction and mayhem more than help.
    Depends on the continuity. Certain continuities play up or down his negative traits.

If he’s with the Avengers, he’s almost always a hero.

Outside of them, he’s often just a bystander who’s in the right/wrong place at the right time.

He is an antihero.

The Punisher is a supervillain.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He is an antihero.

The Punisher is a supervillain.
    I wouldn’t call Punisher a supervillain. An antihero, definitely, but not a supervillain.

Depends on who is writing... And also which Hulk Persona...

Sometimes Hulk is monster with a heart of gold... Others Bruce Banner is the hero who aims the Hulk at problem... Or Hulk is an outright monster at the right place/time...

It depends of the situation and of course who is writing. For starters he is not an ill intended person, he doesn't looks for conflicts, he avoids it as much as he can, and in other hand when he sees people in danger or in need of help he tries to help, so even if he can be destructive mostly pushed for others, he is a hero at his core since he tries to avoid damage others and helps as much as he can.

depends on the writer Hulk is widely inconsistent. Over the last decade he's usually been more hero thanks to the movies, but not all the time.

My favorite incarnations are just forces of nature that act on Hulk's whims attack anyone in his path
    The J-man

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Is He Man or Monster Or… Is He Both?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Hulk can do heroic things, but his rage is intended to address personal slights, not necessarily moral, social or legal wrongs. Generally speaking, whenever someone gives in completely to their rage bad things happen. But the running suspended disbelief with Hulk is that no matter how incredibly mad he gets, he never kills anyone who didn't have it coming. Animals, yes. Bambi's daddy, most definitely. But never humans. And he never really loses complete control of his mental faculties. The crazy rage bus has a driver at all times.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Is He Man or Monster Or… Is He Both?
    Monster. Bruce created him to be nothing less. Any humanity that we see in the Hulk is purely window dressing. Similar to a psychopath/sociopath. It is an affect from Bruce.

It varies from story to story, and it's jarring. Like in the movies, we have a funny, goofy scene of Hulk complaining about stairs like a younger Shazam. But when you think about it, this scene is set just a short while after Hulk chased after Black Widow trying to kill her.

Well, Hulk kind of straddles the line between "monster" and "hero" pretty evenly, and can often be believably portrayed as much of an antagonist as someone the heroes can team-up with.

But more often then not, and whether he intends to or not, Hulk's rage gets directed more towards bad guys and saving people so overall he's pretty much a Superhero.

Hulk's not a superhero, he's a monster-hero.

Depends on the persona really. Generally the smarter Hulks try to be heroic, such as in Mantlo and David's stuff....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Depends on the persona really. Generally the smarter Hulks try to be heroic, such as in Mantlo and David's stuff....
    Savage Hulk and the current Hulk also tend to be heroic if only by accident.