Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Best current titles

Hello, I want to know your opinion about the best books Marvel is publishing right now, if you could name your top 5 that'd be great.

I'd have to think on my own top 5 before making a list, but at the top two Amazing Spider-Man by Spencer and Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing belong on the top two, respectively.

What's your top 5 ?

Tony Stark: Iron Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Unstoppable Wasp, and uh, Fantastic Four?

Honorable mentions to Immortal Hulk, Superior Spider-Man, Thor, and Ironheart.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Spider-Man, Unstoppable Wasp, Venom, Immortal Hulk, and Runaways are my 5 favourites
    with honourable mentions to Captain Marvel, Champions, Superior Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, and Uncanny X-Men

Current top 5...

1 Unstoppable Wasp
    2 Guardians Of The Galaxy
    3 Uncanny X-Men
    4 Champions
    5 Tony Stark: Iron Man
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and four others.

BANNED

I've heard good things about the newest F4 book, I definitely intend to read that.

BANNED

I think my favourites for Fresh Start as of right now, in no particular order, are:

Tony Stark: Iron Man Dan Slott seems to have a fun take on the character, and I'm enjoying the supporting cast, particularly the usage of Janet van Dyne and the severely underrated Machine Man. I'm really looking forward to Gail Simone's two issues during War of the Realms too.

Champions Jim Zub has been having great fun playing with a collection of the next generation of heroes, who also happen to be one of Marvels most diverse superhero teams. I'm a sucker for the Kamala/Miles/Sam trio, and Viv, Amka & Sooraya in there too I'm pretty spoiled with characters I care about. I really like the character work, and some of the stories that came prior to the new #1 are definitely worth checking out too. Who doesn't want to see Alpha Flight and Weirdworld entangled with the Champions?

Guardians of the Galaxy Donny Cates setup a brand new team picking up characters he set up over in other titles (those being Cosmic Ghost Rider and an alt-reality Phylla-Vell + Moondragon) and paired them with Groot, Star-Lord and Beta Ray Bill. While I may have tweaked a couple things in that lineup were I writing, I think they were the right fit, as the book has been really enjoyable thus far, and has done a good job of showcasing a selection of Marvel's best cosmic characters.

Runaways Rainbow Rowell delivers one of Marvels more grounded titles, in that we typically spend more time each character dealing with the characters romances and dramas than we do seeing them beating up bad guys. Not that the latter is bad necessarily, but its refreshing to get a more personal take on some beloved characters. Lots of tender moments and I love that it's so easy to empathise with Victor or Nico for example despite not being a cyborg or a witch myself. We were lucky enough to have Kris Anka on art duties for a long time which was a real treat.

Jessica Jones While Kelly Thompson's take on the character has sadly come to a close (at least for now) I just want to point out that this book has been a real highlight. Not only is Mattia de Lulis' art ridiculously beautiful, the story is well-crafted and adds a lot of depth to all involved characters. Guest stars are personal favourites of mine too (Elsa Bloodstone, Doctor Strange & Emma Frost among them). I'd highly recommend anyone that hasn't read this already to check it out. It was digital only initially, but I believe both volumes should now be available as trades.

Champions, Amazing Spider-Man, Ironheart, Runaways, Miles Morales: Spider-Man

honorable mentions to TS: Iron Man and Unstoppable Wasp

BANNED

Immortal Hulk, Dr Strange, Champions, Spider-Man: Life Story (it this doesn’t count then Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Daredevil

Captain America, Immortal Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

Only five I'm reading right now.

Marvel is putting out some great books as of late and I am enjoying quite a few!

Top 5
    1. Immortal Hulk
    2. Venom
    3. Amazing Spider-Man
    4. Daredevil
    5. Guardians of The Galaxy

Current Mini-Series that are fantastic:
    1. Spider-Man Life Story
    2. Old Man Quill
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Doctor Strange (I'm a longtime fan, and I think Mark Waid really gets the character).

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man (excellent character portrayals, down-to-earth but fun).

Spider-man Life Story (I usually like Chip's writing anyway, but this is truly outstanding).

Marvel is putting out some really great content right now. I would say.. in no particular order:

Captain America
    Daredevil
    The Punisher
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Immortal Hulk

Mighty Member

Immortal Hulk
    Venom
    Guardians of the galaxy
    Captain America
    Amazing Spiderman

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Daredevil, Superior Spider-man
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Everyone has a different list but supposedly Marvel is not making "good" comics
    Baby Thanos