Mighty Member

Default When it comes to Kingpin...

is it necessary to read the earlier Spider-Man issues where he appears before Daredevil 170?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    is it necessary to read the earlier Spider-Man issues where he appears before Daredevil 170?
    I don't think it is necessary.
    But Daredevil #170 is part of the "Gang War" storyline wich start issue #169 and ends at issue #172 (+issue #180) <- this story exists as a tpb by the way
    It is also part of Frank Miller / Klaus Janson 's run. If you haven't, you should start this run from the begining (Daredevil #158 to #191) <- exists as an omni or in 3 big tpb.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'll address this in two ways. One, Daredevil's storyline builds on an earlier storyline but it also serves as a fresh introduction to the character so you don't need to read any Kingpin stuff before.

Frank Miller's run builds on the Roger McKenzie run (which Miller drew). I don't think you need to read #158, which is part three of a story, but I would recommend reading #159-162, 163-164, and 166 before Miller's own run of #168-191.

I also don't believe #169 has any references to the Kingpin story that follows, although it is a great Bullseye story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?