View Poll Results: Are they dead to Hollywood, or are you ready to preorder tickets?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sadly, they're too ruined to use.

4 6.25%
  • They can come back! Come on FF film!

51 79.69%
  • Just give me the Silver Surfer, Doom, and Galactus.

9 14.06%
  • They shouldn't be given their own film, but can still show up elsewhere.

7 10.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    FF Toxicity can actually work for MCU favor, play it as ...can MCU save FF?? and people may see it just to see if they will do it...
    It also really lowers the standards. It's impossible to be worse than the latest one, and the other previous 2 were just not good and popular enough for a considerable amount of people to go "Nah, I prefered that version...". Marvel can do the most average F4 ever(not that I'm thinking that'll be the case) and it would still be deemed as "See? The MCU always makes it right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It also really lowers the standards. It's impossible to be worse than the latest one, and the other previous 2 were just not good and popular enough for a considerable amount of people to go "Nah, I prefered that version...". Marvel can do the most average F4 ever(not that I'm thinking that'll be the case) and it would still be deemed as "See? The MCU always makes it right!"
    This is true but I trust Feigie to aim higher. And he probaly has more love for the source material then Donners or Trank did. To tranks defense he went in saying he didnt wanna make a traditional F4 film. Even told the actor not to read the comics.

I also dont want a other young Mr Fantastic. He should be Much much older. I want someone who's atleats Hemsworths age, maybe even Ruffalos age.

Extraordinary Member

Not too toxic actually the first movie caught the F.F dynamic pretty good. The chars were spot on, Doom got changed in terms of powers but that was Doom basically. Sadly Incredibles may have stole their thunder after all the mishaps.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not too toxic actually the first movie caught the F.F dynamic pretty good. The chars were spot on, Doom got changed in terms of powers but that was Doom basically. Sadly Incredibles may have stole their thunder after all the mishaps.
    I liked the casting with everyone except Alba as sue but that movie was very sitcomish. The characters really didn't have much nuance. Thing and Johnny were solid though, Reed was flat and Sue was miscast. Doom was better then Tranks but yea i wouldnt call that spot on Doom powers aside.

Mighty Member

Have Brad Bird consult on the film. The man made better FF films than Fox could.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Can't recall if I said it here or not, but I subscribe to an idea someone on a msgboard had floated that Doom could appear in the MCU with Sakovia. He uses his money and influence and intellect to pick the shattered city out of the ashes, making the people eternally grateful to him. You can bring him into conflict with Black Panther with Wakanda's efforts to reach out and help outside their boarders. They get a double cross from Doom and things play out however they do to serve as a nice intro for him and setting up his MCU status quo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I liked the casting with everyone except Alba as sue but that movie was very sitcomish. The characters really didn't have much nuance. Thing and Johnny were solid though, Reed was flat and Sue was miscast. Doom was better then Tranks but yea i wouldnt call that spot on Doom powers aside.
    You think so? I thought Grimm was particularly good and Evans was really spot on as Johnny Storm. Reed was a jerk but that's Reed, Alba I thought was like an amalgam of all the Sue's. Doom was an arrogant, megalomaniac that's pretty much Doom. But that's just my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You think so? I thought Grimm was particularly good and Evans was really spot on as Johnny Storm. Reed was a jerk but that's Reed, Alba I thought was like an amalgam of all the Sue's. Doom was an arrogant, megalomaniac that's pretty much Doom. But that's just my opinion.
    I agree that But Evans and Chiklis were good but I felt they got the dynamic wrong. Yeah they should butting heads here and there but Johnny came across a little too harsh and obnoxious to Ben and frankly Sue didn’t feel like Sue to me. She always felt like Reed’s needy shalllow girlfriend.

And Doom is certainly a megalomaniac but the movie makes the critical mistake of reducing him into a petty corporate tycoon bent on revenge on the board members who ousted him from the company(so basically Green Goblin 2.0, which is telling since the success of the Spider-Man movie is a large reason the movie got green lit) rather than the traditional character from the comics who has aspirations to rule the world and has a rather touching story about trying save his mother’s soul from hell.

It’d be disingenuous to say the movie didn’t get some stuff from the comics right but I still feel it’s not a satisfying representation of the comics(for me).
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I agree that But Evans and Chiklis were good but I felt they got the dynamic wrong. Yeah they should butting heads here and there but Johnny came across a little too harsh and obnoxious to Ben and frankly Sue didn’t feel like Sue to me. She always felt like Reed’s needy shalllow girlfriend.

And Doom is certainly a megalomaniac but the movie makes the critical mistake of reducing him into a petty corporate tycoon bent on revenge on the board members who ousted him from the company(so basically Green Goblin 2.0, which is telling since the success of the Spider-Man movie is a large reason the movie got green lit) rather than the traditional character from the comics who has aspirations to rule the world and has a rather touching story about trying save his mother’s soul from hell.

It’d be disingenuous to say the movie didn’t get some stuff from the comics right but I still feel it’s not a satisfying representation of the comics(for me).
    Well there was that time when Johnny stole Alicia from Ben. He has a history of being cruel to Ben.

The MCU is well managed machine at this point. They can fix it. Other than getting their itchy hands on the FF/Xmen enemies, there is no rush to bring them in.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel can fix them. I would like to see where they were throughout all of it though. Maybe start with Reed as the genius kid no one gets. Jump to college where he meets Ben and Victor (maybe even Darren Cross and Hank hiring him and passing on Reed for being Reed and Vic for being Vic). Jump to 1st Avengers movie and Reed (scientific advisor) and Ben (Air Force Officer) in a war room during the Battle of NY. Jump a few years to NASA and Reed is working on an FTL ship that Ben will pilot and meed Sue (NASA PR person) and her kid brother. Ben and Reed are working late on the ship, Sue needs to clear up some info for he press release and comes to see Reed. A spy is caught sabotaging the ship and they all have to blast off immediately to prevent the explosion form destroying the entire complex. Explosion prevented but they are thrown into the Negative Zone. Mid credit they come home just after Endgame and Post Credits is Doom.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Even though they've said they are through with the MCU for a while, the Russo brothers said they are back are on board if Doctor Doom and the Fantastic Four are involved. That's some pretty big backing to have. Prior to that, the Russos have been mostly interested in Noah Hawley's script that he developed for a solo Doom film before the Fox deal was final.

"We love Marvel, we have the most amazing working relationship with them, and we're very close with them," Anthony Russo told Business Insider. "Maybe there will be an idea that comes up in the future, but there is none now."
    Joe Russo added: "It's just about finding the right story that inspires us. That's why we get out of bed every day."

"I love Ben Grimm from the Fantastic Four," Joe Russo told Business Insider. "Doctor Doom was always one of my favorite villains." He added that he loves Wolverine and other X-Men-adjacent characters. However, he admitted that the Clawed Canuck would have to be "set aside for a little while."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Even though they've said they are through with the MCU for a while, the Russo brothers said they are back are on board if Doctor Doom and the Fantastic Four are involved. That's some pretty big backing to have. Prior to that, the Russos have been mostly interested in Noah Hawley's script that he developed for a solo Doom film before the Fox deal was final.
    I really wish Marvel will make that Doom movie. Fantastic Four could be introduced later separately, but Doom would make a good antagonist for the Avengers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I really wish Marvel will make that Doom movie. Fantastic Four could be introduced later separately, but Doom would make a good antagonist for the Avengers as well.
    Doom and Magneto imo should be Avenger level threats. Wish we woulda had them sooner and more Villians still alive. Woulda loved in Endgame that big battle at the end if Villians had showed up aswell. Abomination and Hulk taking on Black Dwarf. Doom and Ironman going back to back in the sky. Tchalla, Okoye and Killmonger vs Glaive. Magneto just crumpling leviathans into balls. Hopefully Marvel will do another movie of this scale once Xmen and F4 and introduced. And they stop killing they're bad guys lol.

Doom is obviously the better big scheme bad guy because his intellect. And could behind everything for a phase. Magneto just always a threat based on pure power,I've never bought a normal Xteam being able to stop him. The fox Movies did a Good job showing that Magento jsut didnt want to hurt the Xmen or any mutants to the best of his ability. Which I think you have to develop him as a nuanced guy like that or seriously Nerf his powers. So a team of Xmen taking him on makes sense let alone him and the brotherhood.