View Poll Results: Are they dead to Hollywood, or are you ready to preorder tickets?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sadly, they're too ruined to use.

4 6.25%
  • They can come back! Come on FF film!

51 79.69%
  • Just give me the Silver Surfer, Doom, and Galactus.

9 14.06%
  • They shouldn't be given their own film, but can still show up elsewhere.

7 10.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The FF kicked off marvel comics as we know it today. Lee used them as the cornerstone to build the Marvel Universe, and because of that I think they should be given a shot to be done properly in the MCU.

The first FF film from back in 05 wasn’t that bad as someone said it was fine for the times. Hell Disney has already made two very successful Fantastic Four films.........they were called, The Incredibles
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

There has never been a better time for four plucky astronauts to go into space and get irradiated by cosmic radiation. :P

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Better as a Disney+ TV show. Way too damaged by three bad movies for yet another movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Better as a Disney+ TV show. Way too damaged by three bad movies for yet another movie.
    I feel like the FF are too much of a tentpole to just be a Disney+ show.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Spidey had Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 before Homecoming.

Mighty Member

at one point, people thought "Batman & Robin" ruined the prospects of any future Batman films... so I don't see why we couldn't get the FF later on. I mean, they rebooted "Hellboy"... why not?

and I thought AS2 was the worst Spiderman film ever made and they STILL bounced back from that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think people overexaggerate how bad they were and I think the FF will be fine in the MCU.
    I thought Jessica Alba and Julian McMahon were painfully miscast... I mean, they were absolutely terrible! however, Chiklis and Evans were quite good. never saw the second one... but Doug Jones should have been okay as the Silver Surfer, though.

Niffleheim

I hope they drop the Phase titles for their movie chapters after Far From Home. They won't do themselves any favours continuing in having new audiences investing and having them slog through countless phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the FF are too much of a tentpole to just be a Disney+ show.
    They can easily be the Star Trek version of the MCU. Disney plus needs a continuing saga to have ppl come back and there is nothing that encapsulates that than an exploring family boldly going where no one has gone before lol! But I know that's not going to happen.

I think there could be a good F4 movie made with the right people and Marvel Studios has shown the knack for finding them, so yes, they could pull it off. That said, I personally would rather see something else or new get the slot. (I'm not honestly much of an F4 fan and kinda think it's more then a bit overrated, based on what I've seen of it all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hell Disney has already made two very successful Fantastic Four films.........they were called, The Incredibles
    That has always struck me as being ironic.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Spidey had Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 before Homecoming.
    And look at the diminishing returns because of it. He's Marvel's flagship character and one of the 4 most iconic superheroes in the world yet Homecoming didn't break a billion worldwide and is only the #10 MCU movie(#13 if you adjust for ticket prices). People are just tired of yet another Spidey reboot which is why his movie struggled compared to what it should have done. Especially if you compare it to what the Raimi movies made after ticket price adjustments - the first is at 626 million after adjustments which would be better than every MCU movie except three of the Avengers films and Black Panther.

FF and the X-men as well need to be retired for a while before any sort of reboot into the MCU unless its done on Disney+ where they can take a little longer to properly develop them.

Astonishing Member

The first two Tim Story movies were fine if you can forgive the laughably bad dialogue, flat direction, graitutious fanservice with Jessica Alba, and lack of stakes(almost everything is treated as a joke in those movies, Alba’s Sue seems more concerned about getting married than the fate of the world, lol). Oh and don’t forget the piss poor characterization.

No I thought those movies sucked. There was some redeeming qualities in them like some of the casting with Evans and Chiklis And the Silver Surfer/Johnny Storm chase was fun but they were overall duds and I even think Fan4stic was better since up until the third act I think it was pretty good with the added the bonus of it not trying to be this obnoxious sitcom like the previous movies were.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-05-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    None of those were considered awful by the masses like the like F4 film.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

FF Toxicity can actually work for MCU favor, play it as ...can MCU save FF?? and people may see it just to see if they will do it...

I voted salvagable: I think there's a certain sense of magic and grandeur in the MCU that the F4 would have never experienced at Fox. I know this is something comic book readers are very used to and it doesn't make any sense that it would be attempted in live action and no one would blink, but (and this will have some minor spoilers):

[SPOILERS]there is literally a scene where a character who can fly is in space and talking to people inside a spaceship, flies down to the surface of a planet and comes back to report their findings.[/SPOILERS]

WHOA! That kind of "EFF YOU" to realiism, physics and logic in a comic book movie is exactly what the MCU has over all other comic book movies. Every other comic book movie is trying to go more realistic, while the MCU is bringing us distant planets, alien beings, god-punching super soldiers, etc.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Sure they are salvageable, but I wouldnt just throw them into their own movie right away again. First thing to do is get correct actors for Reed and Sue. They were so badly cast in the previous movies it was sad. Anyways, I think they need introduced slowly into the MCU like after credit scenes or such.

My dream scenario would be an after credit scene where a hero is rushing to get somewhere and when they finally open the door, Ben is sitting at the table with a cigar along with other heros waiting to deal the cards.