Spectacular Member

Default Future of DC Universe service

Comics library expansion tempts me to subscribe but I hesitate because rumors about service's demise. Thoughts? Maybe upcoming WB might absorb at least part of DC and/or maybe offer whole service as add on like an Amazon channel.

They pretty directly rebutted the rumors it was on it's way out. It's apparently over preforming in subscribers at the moment. And while it might make some sense to fold it into the WB app when that launches, why would they charge you once for something they can get you to buy two subscriptions for. The expansion of the comics side really makes it an awesome service finally.

I don't think it's going anywhere.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They pretty directly rebutted the rumors it was on it's way out. It's apparently over preforming in subscribers at the moment. And while it might make some sense to fold it into the WB app when that launches, why would they charge you once for something they can get you to buy two subscriptions for. The expansion of the comics side really makes it an awesome service finally.

I'm inclined to agree. Even in worse case scenario DCU subscribers would probably get WB service as replacement for the remainder of their subscription time.

It's a hit for them. I don't think it's going anywhere. I certainly hope it's not. The comics section alone is a DC fan's dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Yeah, it's also apparently done a good job of improving and boosting the DC brand overall.

At the most I think DC Universe will be where they send new original live-action shows and cartoons aimed at older audiences while everything else goes to the WB service.