Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He was in the Spectacular Spider-Man Morlun story that came out a couple months ago too. And Slott’s last Red Goblin story. Plus, the Peter/Miles mini, which was not long ago at all. That seems pretty regular to me.

Believe whatever you want. It’ll be about Miles and we will all collectively yawn. Would love to be wrong, and have it actually be exciting.
    WTH?? Why is this a negative? Is the Spider-Man "fanbase" so jaded that any news is automatically taken to a bad place? The hell happened to ya'll?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't know why people are speculating that a new Peter/Miles story "might" happen. We KNOW that's going to happen, that's what the FCBD story is setting up. And given its being written by Taylor and Ahmed, an actual crossover between the books seems more than likely. This will probably be confirming it'll start in August alongside Absolute Carnage, which is the other FCBD story.
    Exactly. That's the big announcement. No idea how OMD got brought up or why people are all of a sudden hating on Miles' (lack of) involvement with the Spider-titles. This preemptive negativity is getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I hope it will be something good.
    Me too, as all my insider contacts claim they don't know what it is (those liars lol). *crosses fingers hoping for something great*

Edit - Meaning of course if this is related to Centipede Thingy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    I kinda think that's what makes different between Spider-familiy members and Bat-family members. Like at least most of the Batfam members have big or small influence to one another and commonly interacts each other.

Spider-men, on the other hand, pretty much do their own stuff by themselves and does not commonly interact unless there's something big event happening. Like Peter do his own stuff in his book, Miles do his own stuff in his book, Otto do his own stuff in his book, etc. Pretty much every Spider-themed heroes, maybe exception of Mayday or Annie, tends to stay away from one another unless some big crisis coming up. At least that's how I see it.
    Honestly, the Batfamily doesn't really interact that much anymore compared to, like, the 90's or late Post-Crisis. Like occasionally we'll see them all together in an issue or two or a guest appearance, but nothing really substantial.

You're right that the spider-titles are all generally pretty independent from each other, and I think that's partially because the traditional narrative of Spider-Man really doesn't seem to benefit from multiple spider-people.

You try and force multiple spider-heroes on a Spider-Man narrative and you get the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Exactly. That's the big announcement. No idea how OMD got brought up or why people are all of a sudden hating on Miles' (lack of) involvement with the Spider-titles. This preemptive negativity is getting out of hand.
    I'm not hating on it at all. I actually prefer that Peter and Miles have nothing to do with each other. It benefits their respective stories more then when they're together in my opinion, and you can maybe pretend Miles still took over from a dead Spider-Man like he's supposed to .

can they bring tangled web back
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I wonder if this is tied to Cebulski's idea of how to sell a large number of comics?

Exactly. That's the big announcement. No idea how OMD got brought up
    Marvel put up an article on Mephisto just the day before talking about the possibility of Peter remembering the deal

The story could be about Peter and Miles (both of whom have made deals with Mephisto) and still be tied to OMD. You don't know. None of us do, until we read the FCBD issue and can be sure.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-03-2019 at 10:11 PM.

it's not cb's million dollar thing because he said he'd be dropping more hints about it next week

because THAT is obviously ewing returning to inhumans
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I wonder if this is tied to Cebulski's idea of how to sell a large number of comics?

Marvel put up an article on Mephisto just the day before talking about the possibility of Peter remembering the deal

The story could be about Peter and Miles (both of whom have made deals with Mephisto) and still be tied to OMD. You don't know. None of us do, until we read the FCBD issue and can be sure.
    Right...but someone on here was already hating on the idea before we even know what it was. That's what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I wonder if this is tied to Cebulski's idea of how to sell a large number of comics?...
    Oh, I can't wait to hear about the above, LMAO. I'm sorry but things have changed while the characters are more popular than ever comic sales have been declining for years now. I seriously doubt anything can halt let all own reverse the downward trend by any meaningful amount.

BANNED

Cebulski says he's "thrilled" about the Spidey announcement over on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...F%3Fpage%3D774

Why am I getting "Death of Superman" flashbacks? I sure hope this isn't some sort of pathetic gimmick to shock and misdirect people so Marvel can temporarily boost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Why am I getting "Death of Superman" flashbacks? I sure hope this isn't some sort of pathetic gimmick to shock and misdirect people so Marvel can temporarily boost sales.
    Again, why is it directly negative??? What warrants the instant negativity? Can it be, could it be, something good?

Again, why is it directly negative??? What warrants the instant negativity? Can it be, could it be, something good?
    Could be but my experience with comic book hype has jaded me I suppose. I still hope it is something positive or at least nothing overtly negative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    They need fresh outrage after they got their jollies off of Wolfsbane this week, rofl
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-03-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He was in the Spectacular Spider-Man Morlun story that came out a couple months ago too. And Slott’s last Red Goblin story. Plus, the Peter/Miles mini, which was not long ago at all. That seems pretty regular to me.
    WebSlingWonder said "save for Spider-Geddon"... well, that Spec arc happens to be a tie-in - and was six months ago. Spider-Men II was over a year ago. One of the last things Bendis did before he defected to DC. The Red Goblin stuff was in the same timeframe too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman