Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A new artist on the flagship gets a quick hype up and announcement in the Cebulski Dynasty because he is an artist guy. Marvel's 2019 Spider-Office event is already locked in and the four other important trains are already rolling, so it was unlikely that it was going to be another big story thing or book.
    An emphasis on artists is probably a good thing for Cebulski. Comics is a visual medium, and for a variety of reasons, Marvel hasn't been focusing on artists. There is a shortage of star artists, artists who can move sales figures, and some of it's due to decisions the companies have made (emphasizing writers, focusing on punctuality rather than artistic consistency.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Like some already mentioned, if Marvel's gonna lose Marquez, then at least they're getting Gleason. He's such a great artist and moving from Superman to Spider-Man is the perfect fit.

And glad that Ottley is still staying on and Gleason's instead replacing Ramos as the fill-in, they both have similar art styles so it may end up feeling more connective.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Like some already mentioned, if Marvel's gonna lose Marquez, then at least they're getting Gleason. He's such a great artist and moving from Superman to Spider-Man is the perfect fit.

And glad that Ottley is still staying on and Gleason's instead replacing Ramos as the fill-in, they both have similar art styles so it may end up feeling more connective.
    All those artists on ASM, it's almost like they're competing to see woh's the most stylized Superhero artist .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I take it this is the promotional artwork for the 2019 Marvel phase

Who's the girl with a sword between Venom's wings and the Thing's arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    An emphasis on artists is probably a good thing for Cebulski. Comics is a visual medium, and for a variety of reasons, Marvel hasn't been focusing on artists. There is a shortage of star artists, artists who can move sales figures, and some of it's due to decisions the companies have made (emphasizing writers, focusing on punctuality rather than artistic consistency.)
    Absolutely. Of all the titles that Marvel is producing, I feel like ASM is the one that's been writer AND artist focused recently, which is very refreshing.
    Bringing Gleason on board with Ottley is awesome though, and I'm so glad that two new artists to Spider-Man get to have their shot!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    A new Filipina Heroine, Wave.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    http://www.cnnphilippines.com/entert...wave-aero.html
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    A new Filipina Heroine, Wave.
    Thanks, pals.

I only care about that one thing.

BANNED

I saw the poster. No X-Men (apart from Wolvie) and no Miles?
    Plus, what as themajor announcement?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I saw the poster. No X-Men (apart from Wolvie) and no Miles?
    Plus, what as themajor announcement?
    The major announcement was Gleason taking over ASM.

Logan counts for the X-Men since he's in his X-Men costume.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All those artists on ASM, it's almost like they're competing to see woh's the most stylized Superhero artist .
    It’s nice that we’re leaving the era where everyone tries to copy Lee or Hitch behind.

On topic if Gleason can handle the doubleshipping this is a great get for Marvel. He’s a phenomenal artist, but he struggled with doubleshipping on Supes. Hopefully he can better manage it here.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly I'd say the most surprising snub was no Carol Danvers. The fact that she is absent I'd say people shouldn't read a lot into who got included and who didnt. Seems like they were giving pretence to characters actually launching new books (Valkyre, Black Cat, Wave)
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly I'd say the most surprising snub was no Carol Danvers. The fact that she is absent I'd say people shouldn't read a lot into who got included and who didnt. Seems like they were giving pretence to characters actually launching new books (Valkyre, Black Cat, Wave)
    new books huh then where's falcon i'm watching you brevoort you can't escape my hunger we need a new--

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah, it seems like they went for the classic big guns (Spidey, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Wolverine and I guess now Black Panther) with new series and new characters that will be popping up in the next Marvel 2019 quarter.