View Poll Results: Are you excited about Hickman's bold, new direction for the X-Men books?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

147 79.89%
  • No.

30 16.30%
  • I don't like or know anything about comics.

7 3.80%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

[QUOTE=Tycon;4341370]Isn’t she too busy with Bishop? Anyway,

Well im just following the pattern of her playing hide the sausage with Summers family enemies. That’s why I went with Black Bolt. Captain America is next in line.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Okay black bolt will date both, problem solved.

I'd unironically support this.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Norman Osborn has a chance too.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    People saying Hickman only focus on caucasian characters might want to read a book called New Avengers.
    Reading won't help those people.
    "Cable was right!"

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

New, huge, topical interview is up!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/

JH: At the conclusion of our 12 weeks of HOX and POX, we'll be launching an entire new universe of X-books. Some will be traditional fare, some carry through on ideas presented in HOX and POX. Some books are completely new concepts. I, personally, will be writing the ongoing flagship X-book.

Now, we're already in production on all of these 'Wave 1' books and our plan at this moment is to introduce the titles, creative teams, and publishing details around SDCC, which is a week before HOX #1 goes on sale.

We also just finished our plans for our 'Wave 2' books that will debut in 2020 and we're getting ready to hire talent for those.

It's pretty exciting, and this kind of long-term planning is one of the benefits of knowing what direction you're headed for the next few years.

That was some good interview. He came off as critical and strong opinionated - we love that!

Let's hope they deliver this shake up and break the nostalgia looping the franchise is stuck.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Sounds like they have a long term plan in place for this new direction can't wait to hear more news on this.

You have to love Hickman when he drops nuggets like “how mutants bend the Kardashev scale”.

I really hope this works because this is exactly what I was wishing for. A new clean slate, a re-evaluation of what X-Books should be and Hickman. It’s brave, bold and seems pretty fearless. I expect a lot of people to hate this.

Especially when he says “Where the psychological expectation is something catered, or personalized.” He is hitting the nail on the head of modern fandom right there.

I really want to know what he means by vertical integration possibilities, that could be a hint that the new wave of X-movies will follow the same pattern.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-14-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Am i imagining things or did they turn the one person of color represented in anything so far green (the little girl). Is that a different girl?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Less is more I would say no more than two X Books per month. Logan and Deadpool don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Am i imagining things or did they turn the one person of color represented in anything so far green (the little girl). Is that a different girl?
    Those are her powers activating, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It looks like the same girl to me, but maybe it's her powers being in use, I will say don't your breath, this is the X-Men so maybe she is green now.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)