Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
I remain skeptical until I know more and/or read the actual comics. Too much hype, too few details, too much rationalization. And no one writer should ever be given total creative control over a franchise without serious editorial supervision; sounds like the plans were forced on the X-MEN editors. I'll believe this is a good thing when I see it; i.e., I'll believe the X-Men aren't being screwed-over again when I see it. I'll be a lot happier when I know what the books and creative teams are after HoX and PoX are finished. (Sorry, I can't help it. Nearly every big plan for the X-Men has crashed and burned. Characters have been trashed. I can't get excited about this until I see Hickman is doing something good and positive.)
I agree with half do this.

I agree with being skeptical. Even with hickman’s track record, I’ve heard marvel say “this will change everything! A new era!” 150000 Times too many.

I disagree about one writer having creative control. It may be risky but i say after what we’ve had the last few years- what’s the harm in trying? I haven’t been reading comics for long but based on how people talk about past eras, it seems like those that were controlled by one influential writer are the most fondly remembered.