View Poll Results: Are you excited about Hickman's bold, new direction for the X-Men books?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

147 79.89%
  • No.

30 16.30%
  • I don't like or know anything about comics.

7 3.80%
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Probably HOX and POX will end with #6 at the beginning of October and some new X books will start later in October, November and December.
    So the strategy is gambling that HoX/PoX is so good that it can lure back enough of the readership to sustain the further waves of x-books. I have to say Marvel is gambling a lot on Hickman.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    So the strategy is gambling that HoX/PoX is so good that it can lure back enough of the readership to sustain the further waves of x-books. I have to say Marvel is gambling a lot on Hickman.
    At this point, it's the only move they got.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They could just stick with the Hickman book (or two Hickman books) until the readers buy into it. Then respond to what people want more of.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Plus interviews hyping the Next Big Thing Panel where 6 new books will follow the events of HOX /POX, so that's to draw fans into reading & sticking with the minis that will lead to a new era.

Granted, we've heard this before but maybe it'll mean with more with Hickman, who has reputation as a "superstar writer."

If by group of people you mean "everyone that isn't an obsessed Scott/Jean shipper", you're completely correct.
    Yep. Loved Morrison. Most folks I know did.

Emma was right

If by group of people you mean "everyone that isn't an obsessed Scott/Jean shipper", you're completely correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yep, totally correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Yeah...a grip of people actually think Morrison had great run.
    That happens.

I think it had som good ideas, but it is far away from the hype people sell on it

I honestly can't see why would anyone HATE what he did with the F4. I mean, dislike, maybe, but hate?
    His FF run was better than what Morrison did on x-men

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They could just stick with the Hickman book (or two Hickman books) until the readers buy into it. Then respond to what people want more of.
    Yes, but that would only be more of the same, the X-men office, by Marvel's own fault in boycotting them for more than a decade, were in a dire state creatively-wise and in sales. They need something drastic to call attention.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Yeah...a grip of people actually think Morrison had great run.
    He may have some good ideas but the only thing people remember or talk about is the drama. I personally didn't like how he treated my favorite characters except for Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

His FF run was better than what Morrison did on x-men
    You're trying to bait me with this, but I don't disagree, exactly- Hickman's F4 and Morrison's NXM are probably my two favorite runs at Marvel in the 21st century, so if one likes one more than the other, is no biggie.

You're trying to bait me with this, but I don't disagree, exactly- Hickman's F4 and Morrison's NXM are probably my two favorite runs at Marvel in the 21st century, so if one likes one more than the other, is no biggie.
    I didn't even saw that you wrote that. i'm not after any poster

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He may have some good ideas but the only thing people remember or talk about is the drama. I personally didn't like how he treated my favorite characters except for Wolverine.
    Well he just fanboyed too much his run. For me it is a big no.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-19-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    In terms of the craft of writing comics (i.e. structure, layout, composition, symbolism), Morrison was hands down the strongest writer to ever work on the franchise. For example, the "silent issue" with Jean and Emma going into Xavier's mind is one of the best X-Men comics ever written.

In terms of concepts and ideas, he was fairly strong as well. Scaling up the size of the mutant population so that mutant culture was a viable idea in-universe was an innovation for the X-Men mythos, and it opened up all kinds of new story possibilities. Also, his revelation of the Weapon X program being just one iteration of a much larger and long-lived Weapon Plus initiative was clever as well and wove a part of the X-Men backstory into the fabric of Marvel Universe history in an interesting way.

Where Morrison fell down was in characterization and his portrayal of relationships. He got Scott and Jean all wrong. He got Magneto even more wrong. He made Emma more entertaining, but weaker. Other than Quentin Quire, his big villains--Cassandra Nova and Sublime--were rather one-dimensional and "meh".

Overall, Morrison's run was a mixed bag.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, but that would only be more of the same, the X-men office, by Marvel's own fault in boycotting them for more than a decade, were in a dire state creatively-wise and in sales. They need something drastic to call attention.
    People will read something if it looks good. Immortal Hulk proves that. People were hyped for Thor for a good chunk of Aaron's run. Amazing Spider-Man will sell if people are confident in it. Same with Avengers.

Now, I am not saying don't add more X-books at some point, but don't squander the good will this Hickman announcement has earned, and don't underestimate just how much Hickman alone will do, by associating a bunch of obviously dead weight books to this Dawn of X.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    People will read something if it looks good. Immortal Hulk proves that. People were hyped for Thor for a good chunk of Aaron's run. Amazing Spider-Man will sell if people are confident in it. Same with Avengers.

Now, I am not saying don't add more X-books at some point, but don't squander the good will this Hickman announcement has earned, and don't underestimate just how much Hickman alone will do, by associating a bunch of obviously dead weight books to this Dawn of X.
    True, but Marvel can't really wait for people to catch up a year later, like they're doing with Immortal Hulk, they need them to read it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same, it honestly might my second favorite Marvel run ever behind only Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man