View Poll Results: Are you excited about Hickman's bold, new direction for the X-Men books?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

147 79.89%
  • No.

30 16.30%
  • I don't like or know anything about comics.

7 3.80%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I remain skeptical until I know more and/or read the actual comics. Too much hype, too few details, too much rationalization. And no one writer should ever be given total creative control over a franchise without serious editorial supervision; sounds like the plans were forced on the X-MEN editors. I'll believe this is a good thing when I see it; i.e., I'll believe the X-Men aren't being screwed-over again when I see it. I'll be a lot happier when I know what the books and creative teams are after HoX and PoX are finished. (Sorry, I can't help it. Nearly every big plan for the X-Men has crashed and burned. Characters have been trashed. I can't get excited about this until I see Hickman is doing something good and positive.)
    I agree with half do this.

I agree with being skeptical. Even with hickman’s track record, I’ve heard marvel say “this will change everything! A new era!” 150000 Times too many.

I disagree about one writer having creative control. It may be risky but i say after what we’ve had the last few years- what’s the harm in trying? I haven’t been reading comics for long but based on how people talk about past eras, it seems like those that were controlled by one influential writer are the most fondly remembered.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lemire on EXM, Guggenheim on XMG, Rosenberg(+Brisson/Kelly) on Uncanny. And AOXM is still kind an Age of Apocalypse rehash. I'm not exactly saying they're worst than Bendis, most of them aren't overall, but their books were even more rooted in nostalgia and rehashing old ideas.
    I honestly feel all of those were worse than Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Lemire's run wasn't even nostalgia driven beyond his character choices. It was just really pedestrian.

Guggenheim's run was all nostalgia though, to the point where it was kind of embarrassing.
    Tbh I barely remember what happened on EXM. I just remember that I ended up feeling it was nothing new besides the horrid T-Mists plot.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Of the anecdotes relating to creators hearing Jonathan Hickman's plans, this one seems the most honest: https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1128409892283461632

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The image of Zdarsky fleeing the room in tears because of HiX-Man...delightfully hilarious!!!
    *even a tad prophetic perhaps? with the X-Line's would-be ranking amongst other Marvel books come July August and September.*

BANNED

After that overhyped Disassembled and Age-of-XMan, don't blame me for being skeptical.

Right now, nothing is known yet about the plots to be excited. It's too early to tell.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    After that overhyped Disassembled and Age-of-XMan, don't blame me for being skeptical.

Right now, nothing is known yet about the plots to be excited. It's too early to tell.
    Difference is Hickman got street cred. We believe he can do great and big changes not because of what Marvel is telling, but because of what he already delivered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Of the anecdotes relating to creators hearing Jonathan Hickman's plans, this one seems the most honest: https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1128409892283461632

Chip is a treasure, for real.

Extraordinary Member

Why is everyone making a big deal of "canceling the X-Men", Marvel has "cancelled Marvel" a dozen times in the last 8 years, never mind the X-Men doing X-wide relaunches numerous times. Although most of these Marvel NOW type relaunches have been sloppy at resetting the X-books at the same time as the rest of the books.

Do people who write about comics even read them?

The best is Liefeld flipping out about it. I think part of it is feeling like Marvel didn't do much to promote his book and now downplay it as well, but "cancelling the X-Men" is not something unusual.

BANNED

I saw the list of voters and Jordan D. White actually voted.

Is he the real Jordan i.e. editor of UXM? If you are, don't you think that all these frequent relaunches is a pain in the ass?

How do we know that Hickman's run won't be relaunch and reset after just one year?

*Hickman announcements*

"Cool"

*The past 24 hours of comically bad Liefeld tweets*

"We's eatin' good tonite! Yeehaw!!!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Clickhole: "Jonathan Hickman cancelled all the X-Men books because they are garbage and he hates working with others."

Rob Liefeld: "Check out this badass. Better stick to your third rung SHIELD title that will never be finished!"

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I saw the list of voters and Jordan D. White actually voted.

Is he the real Jordan i.e. editor of UXM? If you are, don't you think that all these frequent relaunches is a pain in the ass?

How do we know that Hickman's run won't be relaunch and reset after just one year?
    Jordan is real, I know. He pulled me from the depths of despair. He told me that for every relaunch, an Inhuman baby gets devoured by Brood-Dogs. X-Men fans cannot survive knowing creatures were born after the 90's, after all.

Rob already working on the pitch for the Majorks sequel series where Mayo X runs through the Mars hell-gate and starts shooting all of Hickman's OCs and retcon victims while punching all his dumb graphs IN THE FACE. It'll be sexy, badass, maximum hugeness, and the new culture. Our modern culture. CANCEL THIS, BUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Clickhole: "Jonathan Hickman cancelled all the X-Men books because they are garbage and he hates working with others."

Rob Liefeld: "Check out this badass. Better stick to your third rung SHIELD title that will never be finished!"
    what Liefeld is complaining,?