Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

None. They're just not that physically durable.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    None. They're just not that physically durable.
    The OP doesn't specify how big the snap. Darth Sion gets cut down by lightsabers so many times throughout his life and otherwise absorbs damage that should otherwise kill him through sheer rage. The Exile cut him down over and over again and finally had to talk him into letting himself die. There's obviously a no limits fallacy at some point, but I reckon he probably absorb a snap on the level that killed Tony.

BANNED

Did it all just come down to durability? If so why was Ronan able to wield one, was it just his weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Did it all just come down to durability? If so why was Ronan able to wield one, was it just his weapon?
    Because he was very durable, there was only one of them, his willpower/attitude/warrior spirit may have had something to do with it (a weak-minded person would probably go mad as well as disintegrate), and his weapon did indeed bear the brunt of it.

What I don't understand is Tony is just a regular human. Why would the stones not affect Tony inside the armour? Or does it just affect whatever it's attached to; in this case just the armour!?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The stones did affect Tony inside the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    What I don't understand is Tony is just a regular human. Why would the stones not affect Tony inside the armour? Or does it just affect whatever it's attached to; in this case just the armour!?
    I mean, the mini-snap killing him is the real giveaway, but he was clearly in a lot of discomfort after absorbing the initial energy wave that came from simply wielding them.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I mean, the mini-snap killing him is the real giveaway, but he was clearly in a lot of discomfort after absorbing the initial energy wave that came from simply wielding them.
    So Tony is more durable than Hulk?

Ronan was in great pain when he held the stone in his hand, hence the need for the hammer as a container in the first place. But still, Ronan mopped the floor with Drax without the stone, and we've seen that Drax is almost invulnerable.

The armor is more expendable than flesh, for one thing. But Tony's snap was aimed just at Thanos and his forces, whereas Hulk and Thanos' snaps were universe-wide. Perhaps the magnitude of snaps also plays a role.

And, I mean, above all else, even with armor and even if we grant weaker vs. stronger snaps, Tony died, Hulk didn't. If we limit it to just durability, then no, obviously Tony is less durable than the Hulk and it shows.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Did you not see the movie? The Stones were killing Tony before he snapped - the energies from the stones were eating his armor and his body. The snap finished the job. The stones were also killing Hulk (he wasn't just in pain or anything: you can clearly see his skin charring under his burning-off clothes) before he used them - using them KO'd him and crippled him.

I've seen it 4 times now, I know these scenes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    There could certainly be some level of tolerance, though the stress of using individual stones seems to vary wildly. Mind and time seemed perfectly usable by normal dudes while power would kill them.
    Unless I'm mistaken, those gems were only used when inside some kind of tech and/or magic containers. People weren't just barehanding them and operating with sheer will.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Because he was very durable, there was only one of them, his willpower/attitude/warrior spirit may have had something to do with it (a weak-minded person would probably go mad as well as disintegrate), and his weapon did indeed bear the brunt of it.
    How so, was he stronger then the average kree

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Did you not see the movie? The Stones were killing Tony before he snapped - the energies from the stones were eating his armor and his body. The snap finished the job. The stones were also killing Hulk (he wasn't just in pain or anything: you can clearly see his skin charring under his burning-off clothes) before he used them - using them KO'd him and crippled him.

Nope, I wait till blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Only saw it once but yeah, I forgot it was killing him before he used it.

How so, was he stronger then the average kree
    If Agents of SHIELD and Captain Marvel are any comparison, Ronan's feats are far above most Kree, and perhaps second only to Capt. Marvel (herself being a Kree/Human hybrid).

Kree are superstrong compared to humans, but not completely out of their weight class -- various humans in AoS beat them just fine, albeit with more effort than usual. But Ronan's in another league altogether.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-06-2019 at 01:37 PM.