Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default What plot do you think could undo wally character assassination in next hic

Now I disappointing to DC and Tom king, But I still think there have some chances them could undo what they did to Wally since in this HIC issue Wally still have some mysteries not completely revealed
    So like topic said, What plot do you think could undo wally character assassination in next hic
    I personally think if Wally have some methods to bring back those died characters which not mentioned in this issue, Then maybe could undo Wally's character assassination
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Mighty Member

I tossed out a few idea (some tongue in cheek) earlier in another thread. Here are the two that I like best:

*In a Return of Barry Allen homage, the confession and staging of the murder scenes were done by Zoom to frame Wally (separate Wally from his friends to make him an even better Flash). This one doesn't totally make sense with the Wally/Ivy resurrection scene and subsequent suicide, but I suppose it's impossible to guarantee those scenes actually happened

*Wally committed the frame up because *he* was not the source of the Speed Force disturbance - Jai and Irey ripped through space and time and that killed everyone - Wally's whole frame up thing was to give him time to get the kids hidden and keep them from realizing that what happened was their fault. This is my best actual guess about what the resolution to this story will be, although any type of "I'm making a better world" plot is feasible.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I don't know exactly how to fix that. But in my opinion the coverup and framing of Harley and Booster should be to save someone (like to save Harley and Booster, for example). Or perhaps someone else caused all of this to happen and, for some reason, Flash is the only one that can defeat this person and he did those things to keep other heroes occupied so they wouldn't run into this villain and be killed. Something along those lines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I tossed out a few idea (some tongue in cheek) earlier in another thread. Here are the two that I like best:

*In a Return of Barry Allen homage, the confession and staging of the murder scenes were done by Zoom to frame Wally (separate Wally from his friends to make him an even better Flash). This one doesn't totally make sense with the Wally/Ivy resurrection scene and subsequent suicide, but I suppose it's impossible to guarantee those scenes actually happened

*Wally committed the frame up because *he* was not the source of the Speed Force disturbance - Jai and Irey ripped through space and time and that killed everyone - Wally's whole frame up thing was to give him time to get the kids hidden and keep them from realizing that what happened was their fault. This is my best actual guess about what the resolution to this story will be, although any type of "I'm making a better world" plot is feasible.
    Wouldn't that make Wally's kids toxic characters if they were the ones responsible for all the deaths? I know they were never popular to begin with but that seems a bit harsh.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wouldn't that make Wally's kids toxic characters if they were the ones responsible for all the deaths? I know they were never popular to begin with but that seems a bit harsh.
    I'm not implying they meant to cause the speed force explosion. In this scenario, they were just trying to reach their dad from whatever space-time prison they were consigned to by a combination of Barry's antics and Manhattan's shenanigans.

Amazing Member

Are we putting spoilers in the thread titles now?

Maybe the Ultra-Humanite had a brain transplant with Wally, and the real "Wally" finally shows up next issue with his brain in a giant white gorilla's body?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    Are we putting spoilers in the thread titles now?
    The thread title does not spoil anything. It espouses an opinion about 8 but it gives no details or information that would give that opinion. From the title alone you could not name a single thing that happened in 8 besides that Wally appeared. Not much of a spoiler as he has been in every issue.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Possession by Eobard Thawne/Negative Speed Force. Trite, but effective.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Maybe something like he was always in his room with VR on experiencing plots in #8, while someone else killed all other heroes. So he thought he actually killed them and did his confession, but the only one he actually killed is himself 5 days in the future???

Simple. In the next Flash Arc, have Wally meet with Iris and Barry for dinner, and completely ignore HiC ever happened. With Roy heading out to help Jason, and the other heroes going to Lilith Clay for actual help.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Dr. Manhattan is a Wally West fan. He obliterates Dan Didio's to communicate to anyone then resets time so that we are back to Rebirth issue one only with Linda and the kids back and aware as well.

Wally and his support group go on to have fantastic adventures as does the Kent family, the Titans, and Richard Grayson without any behind-the-scenes sabotage work by DC Editorial.

Wally is a Fastest Man Alive.
    Superman flies into space and smiles for the camera;
    Batman is the world's greatest detective... because he's batman. (Thumbs up to HISHE.)
    All is well with the DCU.
    End credits.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'm not implying they meant to cause the speed force explosion. In this scenario, they were just trying to reach their dad from whatever space-time prison they were consigned to by a combination of Barry's antics and Manhattan's shenanigans.
    Okay, I understand. That's a lot more reasonable.This whole mess could have been avoided if the writers had just left everything that happened as an accident to begin with.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

First: there's still one issue to HiC. They may reverse it: Wally once broke the whole DCU and fixed it.

I doubt they'll go this way, though: I thought a lot about this last issue, and they broke everything that made Wally himself. It's almost as bad as Beechen's Cass Cain.

Only wyas out I see is that not being the actual Wally or Dr. Manhattan shenanningans,
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Dr. Manhattan is a Wally West fan. He obliterates Dan Didio's to communicate to anyone then resets time so that we are back to Rebirth issue one only with Linda and the kids back and aware as well.

Wally and his support group go on to have fantastic adventures as does the Kent family, the Titans, and Richard Grayson without any behind-the-scenes sabotage work by DC Editorial.

Wally is a Fastest Man Alive.
    Superman flies into space and smiles for the camera;
    Batman is the world's greatest detective... because he's batman. (Thumbs up to HISHE.)
    All is well with the DCU.
    End credits.
    Batman hasn't been the world's greatest detective since Return of Bruce Wayne, sadly. Just one group/person after another hiding clues from him until it's almost too late - Leviathan, Court of Owls, Crimemaster plot in Eternal, League of Shadows, Jacob Kane's military organization, Bane, the Barbatos cult in Metal, Wally in HiC, Riddler in War of Jokes and Riddles - did I miss any?