Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She's not for me.

But that's okay. As Tilda Swanton's Ancient One said in the Dr. Strange movie. "Not everything is. Not everything has to be."

I'm cool with there being some Marvel books that aren't specifically targeting my wallet, specifically.
    These three sentences I agree with completely. We don't need to like everything. I have tried both Moon Girl and Ms Marvel and they didn't thrill me. But in the 50 or so years I've been looking at comic racks, there have always been books I liked and books I haven't.

Mighty Member

She presents a positive image of a minority female who is/will be prominent in the STEM fields. She is special because of her intelligence and character, not her physical strength.

She's not always emotionally mature, but it would be pretty weird if an eight year old was. She would get even more hate (think Valeria Richards) if she was always right and shown as equal to adults emotionally. She's a character where the reader learns along with her (like Miles or Kamala) rather than one where the reader is looking up at a fully developed paragon.

She has cool gadgets and a pet T Rex.

I always show her books to parents. She's an easy sell. Even if the kid isn't into her right off, if they give her a shot they usually end up liking her book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    These three sentences I agree with completely. We don't need to like everything. I have tried both Moon Girl and Ms Marvel and they didn't thrill me. But in the 50 or so years I've been looking at comic racks, there have always been books I liked and books I haven't.
    That is SUCH a great outlook. I wish more people shared it. There's room for lots of comics aimed at lots of people.

I love reading Moon Girl because i enjoy reading a character who is good-hearted but a bit of a pill. She's arrogant, impatient, and narrow-minded, which makes her heroics more interesting than otherwise straightforward heroes can be

Has Lunella met the Power Pack kids yet? Even though they are older now, they should be able to pass along some good advice to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Lunella met the Power Pack kids yet? Even though they are older now, they should be able to pass along some good advice to her.
    Not yet, but it could be a cool idea for them to meet

Personally, I find her extremely off-putting. She's highly condescending towards every single person around her (parents, teachers, classmates, and superheroes) and constantly bragging about how she's the smartest person on the planet. She's very close-minded towards the ideas and opinions of others, and she thinks she's always in the right, even when she's making constant mistakes in her experiments or the battlefield.
    So was darkwing duck, dexter from Dexter's lab and nobit from doreamon. She is lio and devil dino is stitch. Lio was a jerk at the start of the movie also but we still liked her. She works great with the wild nature stitch. Dexter thinks he is smarter then everyone but we still like him. Moon girl can be snobbish but still does what's right and her hanging out with devil dino is fun.

My nieces has some of the trades and love reading them.