Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ha yeah I totally see that I was just wondering if there were any specific instances...and I'm stretching my mind even more lol buuuuut I think Mastermind provided the illusions but it was Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey that filled in the details which is even ickier:/
    IIRC...Mastermind made Phoenix think she was an ancestor in the 1800s or some such...and her mind at that time would have put Storm as a slave in a historical context.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Whirlwind aka Dave Cannon is a mutant, isnt he?
    Yes...but as a villian, psycho stalker, freak who at one point was shown to be murdering hookers dressed up in Jan's costumes I think he may not be a good example.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-05-2019 at 07:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that exchange does sound hilarious, and I would like to see Dust as a more longstanding member of the Champions. Given how this version of the Champions was created to take on the fights and issues that the adult superheroes couldn't (or wouldn't) touch, it could also work as a means to address why said adult superheroes still refused to stand up for mutants even in the face of blatantly genocidal policies targeting them.
    Has Dust ever been face to face with Kamala?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    IIRC...Mastermind made Phoenix think she was an ancestor in the 1800s or some such...and her mind at that time would have put Storm as a slave in a historical context.
    eh well slavery ended in 1860s even in the early 1800s I think 9 outta of the 16 States had abolished it. it was a weird thing lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ha yeah I totally see that I was just wondering if there were any specific instances...and I'm stretching my mind even more lol buuuuut I think Mastermind provided the illusions but it was Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey that filled in the details which is even ickier:/
    That whole scene was troubling in many ways, especially when you consider that slave Storm was drawn with far more stereotypical features than the modern day Storm, who at that time was one coloring mistake away from being a white lady.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Has Dust ever been face to face with Kamala?
    Umm yes. In the current Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That whole scene was troubling in many ways, especially when you consider that slave Storm was drawn with far more stereotypical features than the modern day Storm, who at that time was one coloring mistake away from being a white lady.

jeeez I had forgotten how cringe worthy that whole issue was.... Marvel needs to step their Black Mutant game up

BANNED

Sinister should be in several books. Fantastic Four because of Franklin. The Hulk to use Hulk for his own gains. Spider Man...to capture him and study him. He should have a meeting with Kamala Khan to throw EVERYONE OFF as something no one saw coming.

No, the X-books and half the characters are a mess right now. Until Marvel decides to right the ship they can do their own thing
    The J-man

Sinister should be in several books. Fantastic Four because of Franklin. The Hulk to use Hulk for his own gains. Spider Man...to capture him and study him. He should have a meeting with Kamala Khan to throw EVERYONE OFF as something no one saw coming.
    Always found it funny how he was so hung up on Scott and Jean when there is a mutant born with God-like powers not too far away. Plus the FF aren't used to his tricks and machinations like the X-Men are.
    Sinister should have been after Franklin years ago.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I am thinking more mutants on the Avengers or Champions or on their own...not a non-X-Men mutant team.

Steve Rogers has said several times that maybe he needs to do more...this would be that opportunity. Not putting mutants in the Avengers as PR stunt or such...but mutants he knows and has worked with who bring what the team needs.
    I don't know how anyone can reasonably put this expectation on him considering that a) he's in prison for a crime he didn't commit b) the public has turned against him and are willing to believe a "Fox News" level conspiracy and that he and Hydra!Cap were the same person c) the only people coming to his aid are the Daughters of Liberty (and thank you for that, Daughter's of Liberty, you gals are alright).

It's always interesting to me that everyone expects Steve to swoop in and solve everyone's problems, but when it comes to him needing help, in the very least from a character witness standpoint with the press *crickets*.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    this is normal but i will happily take any opportunity to remove current captain america and punisher from continuity
    Disagree with this sentiment entirely. Coates is knocking the Cap book out of the park. Best run since Waid's volume 3.

That's true, though i did find it strange with Sinister being one of the main villains in Renew Your Vows

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I don't know how anyone can reasonably put this expectation on him considering that a) he's in prison for a crime he didn't commit b) the public has turned against him and are willing to believe a "Fox News" level conspiracy and that he and Hydra!Cap were the same person c) the only people coming to his aid are the Daughters of Liberty (and thank you for that, Daughter's of Liberty, you gals are alright).

It's always interesting to me that everyone expects Steve to swoop in and solve everyone's problems, but when it comes to him needing help, in the very least from a character witness standpoint with the press *crickets*.
    Currently in prison...He has said it several times over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Always found it funny how he was so hung up on Scott and Jean when there is a mutant born with God-like powers not too far away. Plus the FF aren't used to his tricks and machinations like the X-Men are.
    Sinister should have been after Franklin years ago.
    Maybe Sinister knows better than to go after Franklin? Mephisto got to learn this the hard way.

Currently in prison...He has said it several times over the years.
    And from that the Uncanny Avengers was sprung. Which is more than a lot of people have done. Especially considering that a) Steve's one man and b) (most importantly) his relationship with the government is ALWAYS tenuous at best and half the time he can't even help himself without people actively working to undermine him at every corner (re: every Cap run ever). There's only so much he can do. Which doesn't negate the point that he's the only one people are holding accountable (things that make you go hmmmm) AND that when he needs help no one returns the favor and comes to his rescue. Relationships are a give and take. Who else is giving here? And yet here is everyone expecting Steve to do all of it.

The clear cognitive bias on display here can be seen from space.