Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Hell...they can't even coordinate their titles to all run into the big event. Cap is in prison and Punisher is in Bagalia monkey stomping Hydra goons...but last month they both were in NYC at the exact time that Malekith attacked.
    this is normal but i will happily take any opportunity to remove current captain america and punisher from continuity
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

He ended up being okay with Northstar after Northstar saved his life a couple times lol....and why do you assume that about the Hellfire Club?
    That's a stretch of the mind but back in the Dark Phoenix Saga, when the X-Men were the prisonners of the Hellfire Club, Mastermind used his powers to disguise Storm as a slave. This elitist crap the Hellfire Club spouted and the master and servant imagery makes me think racism was quite rampant in the Hellfire Club. Not in Shaw, as seen in Uncanny, when Emma exchanged bodies with Storm, not Emma of course.
    But that's just my thinking, not evidenced in any way.
    Didn't know Paulie had changed his mind.
    I like the idea that mutants can be as full of prejudice as others, that being part of an oppressed minority doesn't prevent you from being intolerant yourself, just like in real life.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I always thought that was Bendis' rationale to rope in Wolverine (the most popular mutant) into the Avengers and he also tried to push them to the forefront with House of M and AvX.

I just wish he would have added more mutants to the roster or swap out Wolverine whenever he had his own thing going on in his title. I would have loved to see Cyclops, Gambit, Storm or Nightcrawler as a core member of the Avengers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I always thought that was Bendis' rationale to rope in Wolverine (the most popular mutant) into the Avengers and he also tried to push them to the forefront with House of M and AvX.

I just wish he would have added more mutants to the roster or swap out Wolverine whenever he had his own thing going on in his title. I would have loved to see Cyclops, Gambit, Storm or Nightcrawler as a core member of the Avengers.
    Is rationale to add Luke Cage and Spiderwoman was just that he liked them. He destroyed the Avengers to make "his team" and he wanted the Avengers to look more like the Justice League with the best of the best, so he included Spiderman and Wolverine.
    But I think you're right, making Storm for exemple a core Avenger, not one of those unity squad members would do much good to the mutant cause, provided the X-office stop this pessimistic trend.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Is rationale to add Luke Cage and Spiderwoman was just that he liked them. He destroyed the Avengers to make "his team" and he wanted the Avengers to look more like the Justice League with the best of the best, so he included Spiderman and Wolverine.
    But I think you're right, making Storm for exemple a core Avenger, not one of those unity squad members would do much good to the mutant cause, provided the X-office stop this pessimistic trend.
    Totally, I think adding Storm would give such a great new dynamic to the team; especially someone to play counter to Tony's brashness plus romantic tension between T'challa

Extraordinary Member

IIRC...Storm joined just before AvX and walked out when the Avengers started talking about how to stop the Phoenix Force.

Yes cause denying who you really are is Super healthy and is something that should be promoted??
    It's a great story idea and if you stop being triggered for a moment you would realize that.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

This was one of the reasons I was glad that the MCU didn't have access to the X-Men at the time. It prevented Wolverine from showing up. They still managed to get their hands on Spider-Man. I know he has his fans but I don't feel he added anything to the Avengers movies.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This was one of the reasons I was glad that the MCU didn't have access to the X-Men at the time. It prevented Wolverine from showing up. They still managed to get their hands on Spider-Man. I know he has his fans but I don't feel he added anything to the Avengers movies.
    He adds the point of view of the extatic fanboy and that's great enough, but yes, you're right, he shouldn't be on the main team but stay as a reserve member.

I'm all for the Avengers and other teams giving some spotlight the mutants the X-office doesn't care about, like Dust or Sunspot.

Not for giving yet one more team spot to the likes of Rogue, Storm or Wolverine. Unless they get kicked out of the X-books.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm all for the Avengers and other teams giving some spotlight the mutants the X-office doesn't care about, like Dust or Sunspot.

Not for giving yet one more team spot to the likes of Rogue, Storm or Wolverine. Unless they get kicked out of the X-books.
    Definitely what I am talking about. Use characters not in use...I do not need Wolverine to be in yet another book each month. Personally I think characters should be in a maximum of 2 books per month...a solo book and a team book.

They should definitely show up more.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Red face

That's a stretch of the mind but back in the Dark Phoenix Saga, when the X-Men were the prisonners of the Hellfire Club, Mastermind used his powers to disguise Storm as a slave. This elitist crap the Hellfire Club spouted and the master and servant imagery makes me think racism was quite rampant in the Hellfire Club.
    Ha yeah I totally see that I was just wondering if there were any specific instances...and I'm stretching my mind even more lol buuuuut I think Mastermind provided the illusions but it was Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey that filled in the details which is even ickier:/

I like the idea that mutants can be as full of prejudice as others, that being part of an oppressed minority doesn't prevent you from being intolerant yourself, just like in real life.
    oh yeah dude no doubt....me to!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's a great story idea and if you stop being triggered for a moment you would realize that.
    lol my bad. Maybe I am a lil buuuuut being a part of a known community that had public figures risking their lives to protect a world that treats them unfairly but hiding the fact you're apart of said community because of what strangers may think of you is cowardly as hell imo....It'll seem like the superhero is just in it for the accolades which is fine buuuuut X-Statix already did that. Plus I think that was Capt Marvel or Spiderman story in HoM buuuuut it may work in a non X-Book....idk

Mighty Member

Whirlwind aka Dave Cannon is a mutant, isnt he?

lol my bad. Maybe I am a lil buuuuut being a part of a known community that had public figures risking their lives to protect a world that treats them unfairly but hiding the fact you're apart of said community because of what strangers may think of you is cowardly as hell imo....It'll seem like the superhero is just in it for the accolades which is fine buuuuut X-Statix already did that. Plus I think that was Capt Marvel or Spiderman story in HoM buuuuut it may work in a non X-Book....idk
    I agree that the story shouldn't be done, but for different reasons. The problem is that the mutant analogy hasn't grown with the times. It would work if the mutants mirrored real life communities, but they don't. Why would anyone want to "come out" as mutant? There is no mutant community, no positives, and nothing good would come from it. Revealing your a mutant only leads to being hated an eventually killed, so why do it?

A story where someone hides being a mutant but learns that it's better to no longer lie and be open about it is a good one. But it only works if Marvel stops the constant genocide and woe plaguing the books. One of my big problems with the X-Men is that there is no "mutant community", the closest thing are the Morloks. The sad thing is that there it's likely there will never be one. If Marvel has one arise it's only a matter of time before it's destroyed to serve the constant mutant genocide plot.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-05-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!