Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If his use of Barbara in that Villains issue is any indication then I have my doubts. He had that red masked guy for Leviathan say that everything Babs had done had failed and everything she does never works. I've never really read anything that would make Bendis have that impression of her where she would be tempted by his "offer" in dealing with villains in a better way because her way doesn't work.

I think (hope) so. Bendis is great with the “street level” characters and he’s chosen some of the best. Bringing The Question and Manhunter back got me super excited for this event. I just hope Leviathan is an interesting villain and not just a Dr. Doom knock off.

The event I hope is at least as good as Secret Invasion and Siege and not as terrible as Civil War II. But judging who of those is more recent... And I don't like Maleev's art. BMB does seem to get along better with street-level heroes, so hopefully a Manhunter solo spins off from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Look at Secret Invasion. Look at Secret Wars. All lack details with regards to damn near everything.
    Isn't Secret Wars by Hickman?
    Last edited by paulojrmam; 05-06-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Isn't Secret Wars by Hickman?
    There was a Secret Wars that Bendis did that was basically a spy story meant to oust Nick Fury from SHIELD, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a Secret Wars that Bendis did that was basically a spy story meant to oust Nick Fury from SHIELD, more or less.
    Oh, it's called Secret War. I don't remember what happens there. Is it bad? I think I liked it.
    Last edited by paulojrmam; 05-06-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: portraying accurate info

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Oh, it's called Secret War. I don't remember what happens there. Is it bad? I think I liked it.
    IMO, it was bad. Great art yes, but an example of why Bendis shouldn't do spy stories. He doesn't bother with details and the internal logic would be straining in Silver Age stories (for instance, his team attacking Latveria is mindwiped, which somehow absolves them for attacking a foreign country?).

Espionage requires effort with deeper internal logic, and I've never seen Bendis handle that well.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, the only thing I hope from this Event Leviathan is that it won't entirely invalidate The Silencer, which already altered Leviathan in the first place...
    Maybe Silencer will be a part of Leviathan's plan or what if she is LEVIATHAN? FOOD 4 THOUGHT!!
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

I can't see Honor being him/her, since she appears as The Silencer in issue 3 of the event. And considering all she wants is a normal life, it would be quite strange for her to be the Leviathan.