Mighty Member

Default Daredevil and Black Widow...

anyone like this relationship? I know DD/Elektra have their fans but I liked them together. Has this ever been revisited i.e. Natasha came back into DD's life in his book since issue 124?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I love the Daredevil/Black Widow relationship. I think it works best as a past relationship, though. That being said, Natasha doesn't currently know Matt is Daredevil so they'd have to fix that first.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

There have been past stories with the two of them, but I don't know of any where they were resuming their relationship.

There was an issue during Edmondson's Black Widow run a few years back where Matt was concerned about how Natasha had been acting, but it wasn't a prolonged appearance / team-up. It was just basically a reminder that the two had a history together.

They're great together imo.

dd and bw.jpg
    dd and bw together.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I think that Black Widow’s presence helped make Daredevil a more worthwhile title before Frank Miller came along. I thought they worked well together (Daredevil #95, 1973).

Astonishing Member

She certainly added a lot to the series when she co-starred in Daredevil, and they looked great together. But I think they work best today as friends/allies.

One of my favorites

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I have said before that, aside from Foggy, Natasha has been the most consistent presence in Matt's life and certainly his best friend in the hero community. They are there for one another when it matters and I believe they really do love each other even if it is more platonic at this point. And I agree with others that they are best to stay friends, I will say that I have enjoyed the scenarios/alternate futures where they are together such as End of Days or in the vision Natasha had of the two of them in Vol. 5 of her series.

Isn't she old enough to be his grandmother?

Ewwww......

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    anyone like this relationship? I know DD/Elektra have their fans but I liked them together. Has this ever been revisited i.e. Natasha came back into DD's life in his book since issue 124?
    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I think that Black Widow’s presence helped make Daredevil a more worthwhile title before Frank Miller came along. I thought they worked well together (Daredevil #95, 1973).

Yes, I liked the relationship back when it first started (see above pic).

Not so sure about today. The good thing is that both characters, especially Natasha, have matured over time and might take a serious relationship not only more seriously but also more maturely.