Default How much does MCU Time Travel affect the X-men ? (Endgame spoilers)

With your understanding of MCU time travel,Changing the past doesn't change your present. Do you think stories like DoFP/Bishop story or Cable coming back to stop Apocalypse can work in the MCU? X-men has supring amount of Time travel in it for example Age of Apocalypse starts because Legion goes back in time and kills his dad. One of the better modern stories Messiah Complex has some of time travel shenanigans. etc. Can you make Time Travel work for MCU X-men?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    With your understanding of MCU time travel,Changing the past doesn't change your present. Do you think stories like DoFP/Bishop story or Cable coming back to stop Apocalypse can work in the MCU? X-men has supring amount of Time travel in it for example Age of Apocalypse starts because Legion goes back in time and kills his dad. One of the better modern stories Messiah Complex has some of time travel shenanigans. etc. Can you make Time Travel work for MCU X-men?
    They can still do it but it would be more like saving another time line cause Bishops is already doomed. Create a new timeline that is doomed and move as many refugees there ass possible would be the best they can do at this point I'm guessing. But Xmen might just steer clear of time travel for a very long time though.

BANNED

In the Marvel comic books, the parameters of time travel are the same of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They can still do it but it would be more like saving another time line cause Bishops is already doomed. Create a new timeline that is doomed and move as many refugees there ass possible would be the best they can do at this point I'm guessing. But Xmen might just steer clear of time travel for a very long time though.
    Bishop is probably the easiest to accomplish. Bishop's travel travel one way trip to place that doesn't have a version of him and as you mention his timeline is pretty much doomed so he wouldn't be worried about fixing that timeline as much he would worried about fixing the timeline that he already is in. That is probably the most straightforward one Bishop pulls a Captain America.

For Cable I guess you can pull the same kind of alternate timeline thing but Cable I believe travels back forth between future and past I think you can use Cable to show that your present can't be changed and final last trip he has to accept that just change this timeline.

For DoFP I think you cheat the system by putting them in their "past mind" and that is how you can change "your timeline."

I think do end up avoiding time travel but as mention X-men do have quite bit of stuff dealing with time travel and they can't avoid it for forever.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Tony basically brings up that time travel is risky situation. A fact that we could see them address that by opening the door to time travel and doing it so much they could potentially create a future villain way down the line who abuses it. A KANG situation. (which they could use as an excuse to recast Captain America and Iron Man down that line)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not only did Tony say it was risky. Didnt Dr Strange get scolded for using the time stone because he could crack time making it branch off in too many direction or some crap? Havent watched that movie in awhile maybe AJ or someone better versed in that movie can shime in on what Mordo and Wong said to Strange when they caught him messing with time

Not only did Tony say it was risky. Didnt Dr Strange get scolded for using the time stone because he could crack time making it branch off in too many direction or some crap? Havent watched that movie in awhile maybe AJ or someone better versed in that movie can shime in on what Mordo and Wong said to Strange when they caught him messing with time
    I will rewatch that today. On a side note I wonder what they plan to do with Eye of Agamotto in the MCU ?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They pretty much then have sowed the seeds and can really introduce Kang in the future films and make him a big baddie for awhile (ala Ultron in a way). Hell we can see them do this to bring Tony and Steve back (recast). Strange can even say that by using time travel so much and reckless ; they created this branch. Steve will be relaxing for a couple years with Peggy , Tony will be pulled seconds after he defeated Thanos or perhaps earlier in time.

"Every cause has an effect , every effect a cause. I was warned about using time travel , told that actions will have unseen consequences ahead. By doing this , we opened a new branch and created this...KANG." - Doctor Strange as he reunites with Captain America and Iron Man a few years n movies ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Found the clip on YouTube. MORDO says by messing with time Strange can create Branches, Unstable dimensional openings, Paradoxes, or Loops. And then Wong tyells at Strange that hes not manipulating Space time he was breaking it.

Oh yea sometime in the future they have brought Kang upon themselves and also might have made an opening for Dormammmu too.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

X-Person comes from the future, helps the X-people save the day which creates a branch with the happy(ier) ending. The OG timeline might still be shit outta luck but eh, what can you do?

Bishop is probably the easiest to accomplish. Bishop's travel travel one way trip to place that doesn't have a version of him and as you mention his timeline is pretty much doomed so he wouldn't be worried about fixing that timeline as much he would worried about fixing the timeline that he already is in. That is probably the most straightforward one Bishop pulls a Captain America.

For Cable I guess you can pull the same kind of alternate timeline thing but Cable I believe travels back forth between future and past I think you can use Cable to show that your present can't be changed and final last trip he has to accept that just change this timeline.

For DoFP I think you cheat the system by putting them in their "past mind" and that is how you can change "your timeline."

I think do end up avoiding time travel but as mention X-men do have quite bit of stuff dealing with time travel and they can't avoid it for forever.
    I don't think the MCU would want to touch DOFP because you don't want to show or imply the heroes failed I mean permanently failed not Infinity War we'll win in the next movie fail and while a great film X-Men DOFP did kind of deviate from the comics by showing it succeeded. In the comics we never saw a happy future and the later addition of Rachel pretty much confirmed while they stopped the 616 from becoming DOFP it also definitely created it's own branch reality same with Bishop and Cable and most apocalyptic future storylines.

The two I think that breaks the Marvel time travel rule of you can't change the future was Age of Apocalypse and Age of Ultron. AOA was such a great story I'll give it a pass while AOU was Bendis nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't think the MCU would want to touch DOFP because you don't want to show or imply the heroes failed I mean permanently failed not Infinity War we'll win in the next movie fail and while a great film X-Men DOFP did kind of deviate from the comics by showing it succeeded. In the comics we never saw a happy future and the later addition of Rachel pretty much confirmed while they stopped the 616 from becoming DOFP it also definitely created it's own branch reality same with Bishop and Cable and most apocalyptic future storylines.

The two I think that breaks the Marvel time travel rule of you can't change the future was Age of Apocalypse and Age of Ultron. AOA was such a great story I'll give it a pass while AOU was Bendis nuff said.
    AoU Wolverine broke time right?