Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Supergirl Meteo Attack

I never seem to mention it but this book is quite awesome. Especially since it's finally closing in on the original premise.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I can't look at that guy and not think of Brainiac 5. Maybe Supergirl has a thing for green guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't look at that guy and not think of Brainiac 5. Maybe Supergirl has a thing for green guys ?
    I just see a green Starlord myself. Even his backstory seems like a take on the MCU Starlord.

This book has been pretty great post-Man of Steel and has really been doing the heavy lifting for the whole Krypton conspiracy. Glad McGuire is back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I just see a green Starlord myself. Even his backstory seems like a take on the MCU Starlord.

This book has been pretty great post-Man of Steel and has really been doing the heavy lifting for the whole Krypton conspiracy. Glad McGuire is back as well.
    Now I can't unsee that .

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Supergirl Meteo Attack

I never seem to mention it but this book is quite awesome. Especially since it's finally closing in on the original premise.
    I am agree with you.. Is really awesome.

Finally got around to reading it today. I liked the issue but it looks like we’ll have to wait until the upcoming crossover to get answers about the Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally got around to reading it today. I liked the issue but it looks like we’ll have to wait until the upcoming crossover to get answers about the Circle.
    Agreed. Supes facial expression looks funny to me.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That final shot with Clark and Jon may have been the strongest argument against the age up I've ever witnessed. Good lord, the art took such a strange turn there, and Jon's suit being so segmented didn't help things out. This is coming from someone who's pretty down with the suit, and very, very open to teen Jon.

Also, slightly unrelated, but wasn't Superman issue 11 supposed to come out this week alongside Supergirl #30? But it's now on the 15th. I double checked with the May solicitations, and that's what it said. Was there a delay, or were the solicits wrong?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That final shot with Clark and Jon may have been the strongest argument against the age up I've ever witnessed. Good lord, the art took such a strange turn there, and Jon's suit being so segmented didn't help things out. This is coming from someone who's pretty down with the suit, and very, very open to teen Jon.

Also, slightly unrelated, but wasn't Superman issue 11 supposed to come out this week alongside Supergirl #30? But it's now on the 15th. I double checked with the May solicitations, and that's what it said. Was there a delay, or were the solicits wrong?
    I guess the solicitation was wrong. It might be next week it comes out.

I usually really like Maguire but here the art looked rushed. Not enough to take me out of the story, but enough that I noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I thought Jon actually looked a lot younger here. Like a lot closer to like 14 or so than the purported 17ish age.

I think they are spreading the Superbooks out so it’s a weekly thing. We have week 1 had Super Sons, 2 Supergirl, 3 Superman, 4 Action, 5 the Leviathan special. Lois and Jimmy’s books will soon be added to the pile, we’ll have 4 or 5 Superbooks a month.