Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd post a vid but I don't know if pirated fuzzy youtube vids are allowed

But yeah, he hit Panther from distance right to the throat right after he did the ground pound thing and knocked the gauntlet out of his hands. maw started to grab it, panther grabbed it and threw it to Parker.
    It's fine, I trust you. Yeah if Panther saw it coming but couldnt react, Storm might be in big trouble.

He threw it faster than Carol's travel speed

He was behind her and blew up the van before she got there
    Eh, she was travelling but only using a tiny imperceptible fraction of her travel speed. Otherwise Thanos can throw his sword faster than light lol :P

She looked more like race car speeds iirc.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It's fine, I trust you. Yeah if Panther saw it coming but couldnt react, Storm might be in big trouble.
    Videos too fuzzy to see if he saw it coming and couldn't dodge or if Thanos simply hit him on the run
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Videos too fuzzy to see if he saw it coming and couldn't dodge or if Thanos simply hit him on the run
    Shame.

Still, it doesn't change much. In my first post I was pretty sure she could maybe dodge just the one throw. But even then I was (and still am) happy with the idea that it's return flight or boomerang esque redirecting could still get the hit.

It doesn't change much is my point. ^_^
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Isn't this more of a poor showing for Carol than a good showing for Thanos? Carol entered the Earth's upper atmosphere and within a few seconds was already blowing up Thanos's warship and appeared on the battlefield. But somehow can't cross the field in time to get the gauntlet in the van before Thanos threw his blade? The same Carol who scanned an entire planet within a few seconds to determine Thanos was alone. Also, Storm has managed to evade a hammer-toss from both Thor and Clor at shorter distances and has also reacted in time to counter Cyclop's optic beams with either lightning or wind at closer distances. Considering both get basic knowledge of one another prior to the fight, I think Storm would know that Thanos' blade can boomerang and come back at her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Much faster: she had passed him, and he tossed it MUCH faster than Carol was moving.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Much faster: she had passed him, and he tossed it MUCH faster than Carol was moving.
    She wasn't traveling anywhere near top speed and the thing was plainly visible to the naked eye.
    - big_adventure

That's not how comic durability works. Heimdahl was frozen for 10 seconds. Others are just dead. Thor would ignore. Loki as well.
    This is a movie. Not a comic book.

Heimdall was frozen for several minutes at the bear minimum. He explicitly needed time to break out. Loki is half Frost Giant so of course he wasn't frozen. Thor have any feats of resisting being flash frozen? Thanos? I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Isn't this more of a poor showing for Carol than a good showing for Thanos? Carol entered the Earth's upper atmosphere and within a few seconds was already blowing up Thanos's warship and appeared on the battlefield. But somehow can't cross the field in time to get the gauntlet in the van before Thanos threw his blade? The same Carol who scanned an entire planet within a few seconds to determine Thanos was alone. Also, Storm has managed to evade a hammer-toss from both Thor and Clor at shorter distances and has also reacted in time to counter Cyclop's optic beams with either lightning or wind at closer distances. Considering both get basic knowledge of one another prior to the fight, I think Storm would know that Thanos' blade can boomerang and come back at her.
    Prolly. Just bringing up what happened.

I didn't say it was be an easy fight, i was just saying it is more interesting than Thanos with two stones (which he curb stomps storm).The sword gives him an avenue to potentially tag flying storm without being OP

IMO
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eh, that sword is a lot faster than a bullet in the air, and bigger as well, and Thanos has better reactions than Storm here
    So just to be clear.... MCU Thor is a bullet timer?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    This is a movie. Not a comic book.

Heimdall was frozen for several minutes at the bear minimum. He explicitly needed time to break out. Loki is half Frost Giant so of course he wasn't frozen. Thor have any feats of resisting being flash frozen? Thanos? I'll wait.
    Pretty sure 616 Thor has survived the effects of "the casket of ancient winters" just fine.

616 Thanos has no frozen feats but has overcome being turned to glass and what not. Are we really going to try and compartmentalize each and every form of "damage"?
    - big_adventure

Using Carol's speed as a metric for the speed of the thing is like using Cap's strength as an indicator of Thanos' strength when he stopped him briefly in IW. It's a story, characters job, hence the focus on feats

And Thor dodged it. Like even if it had actually hit him you could say hmm that's impressive (with all the caveats that MCU Thor speed entails) but it didn't even hit him. It's like 616 Surfer dodging a punch from spiderman being used to show Spidermans speed

Otherwise we are now apparently arriving at the conclusion that the Dude moves faster than Carol's best travel speed

She wasn't traveling anywhere near top speed and the thing was plainly visible to the naked eye.
    I mean you can see a jet traveling at super sonic speeds. Doesn't necessarily mean much, this.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean you can see a jet traveling at super sonic speeds. Doesn't necessarily mean much, this.
    True. I guess my point is more like what Dork is saying.

She herself wasn't traveling at "super duper!" speeds. So comparing it to her is not a good benchmark.
    - big_adventure

True. I guess my point is more like what Dork is saying.

She herself wasn't traveling at "super duper!" speeds. So comparing it to her is not a good benchmark.
    Ah, yea, and you'll hear no complaints from me there.

I would however like to posit that Carol's Mohawk increased her flight speed by a factor of 'cool', thanks to its aerodynamic properties.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

EDIT: Rereading this I want to make sure to EXCLAIM that I'm not saying Storm is anywhere close to a galaxy buster. She's like a "decent-sized house-buster."[/QUOTE]
    I'd say Hulk would count as a "decent sized house buster" as well and we saw what that got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Storm may or may not be able to hurt him, but he can definitely explode her. So.

I could buy her winning against an unarmed Thanos.
    I agree. If somebody cuts off Thanos's arms before the fight and let's him bleed then Storm has a chance.