Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Isn’t this a spite thread? I mean everyone here usually says Thanos wins or yells spite if he can’t win.

BANNED

somehow this is always brought up when Storm is involved. it's almost like she has got some sort of super power for achieving this just like she always has been able to get almost every major baddie to fall in love with her.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Isn’t this a spite thread? I mean everyone here usually says Thanos wins or yells spite if he can’t win.
    You don't know how Storm works here, evidently. People have literally argued her against Galactus.

People will say Thanos wins when he does win. Comic Thanos would always beat comic Storm. She literally can't make him even notice her unless he wants to.

Movie Thanos is a tiny splotch on Comic Thanos. MCU Thanos can't fly, can't teleport without tech, can't project energy, doesn't have telepathy and, most importantly, can't struggle though hits from galaxy-busters.

EDIT: Rereading this I want to make sure to EXCLAIM that I'm not saying Storm is anywhere close to a galaxy buster. She's like a "decent-sized house-buster."
    Last edited by big_adventure; 05-07-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

True but he has the stones, so can’t he just over come her with there powers

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    True but he has the stones, so can’t he just over come her with there powers
    That's what people said: with the stones he can easily kill her. The question was whether she can hurt him at all. Nobody believes that her usual lightning is going to hurt MCU Thanos. So it turns to whether she can use the same trick she uses in that scan on Sinister. I'm on the side of "leery." If she could whip that out on a whim, she wouldn't get beaten down as often as she does. :-) Granted, people not using their powers a certain way isn't to say that they can't. If it were, Superman and Flash would be slow. It's just a bridge a bit too far for me in her case.

In any case at all, she's a total glass cannon and Thanos can trivially one-shot her. He's also fast enough to do things like block shots from Thor and Cap, as well as see Captain Marvel speed by, turn, and throw his spear with pinpoint accuracy much faster than the speeding CM, into the quantum brown van before she can get there. Here, he also has the stones. I see no reason at all that he can't kill her faster then she can even target him.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He's also fast enough to do things like block shots from Thor and Cap, as well as see Captain Marvel speed by, turn, and throw his spear with pinpoint accuracy much faster than the speeding CM, into the quantum brown van before she can get there.
    Thanos with his sword vs 616 storm is a more interesting discussion

Dude throws that thing FAST with laser like precision multiple times
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thanos with his sword vs 616 storm is a more interesting discussion

Dude throws that thing FAST with laser like precision multiple times
    Yup. And there is nothing at all she can do to stop that thing from neatly bisecting her. MCU Thor dodged it - Storm lacks his reaction and dodge feats by a fair amount, and it got back to Thanos' hand faster than Thor got there, so it's not even like it wouldn't still be in his hand.

Yup. And there is nothing at all she can do to stop that thing from neatly bisecting her. MCU Thor dodged it - Storm lacks his reaction and dodge feats by a fair amount, and it got back to Thanos' hand faster than Thor got there, so it's not even like it wouldn't still be in his hand.
    Eh, minor disagreement here. Storm has plenty of "run away" aim dodgey type stuff in her career. She could probably dodge an initial sword toss at 100 feet.

The problem is the sword is like a boomerang. It may redirect slightly or get her on the return.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Storm usually isn't a good candidate for Rumbles. Unless she can win at the bell or has time to take to the air against a strictly HTH opponent, she is a glass cannon who is easily broken.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Eh, minor disagreement here. Storm has plenty of "run away" aim dodgey type stuff in her career. She could probably dodge an initial sword toss at 100 feet.

The problem is the sword is like a boomerang. It may redirect slightly or get her on the return.
    How far was black panther when he got nailed on the run?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How far was black panther when he got nailed on the run?
    I dont actually remember that happening haha
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Eh, that sword is a lot faster than a bullet in the air, and bigger as well, and Thanos has better reactions than Storm here

Eh, that sword is a lot faster than a bullet in the air, and bigger as well, and Thanos has better reactions than Storm here
    You figure it was faster than a bullet? It moved quick to be sure, but that feels like a stretch.
    - big_adventure

I dont actually remember that happening haha
    I'd post a vid but I don't know if pirated fuzzy youtube vids are allowed

But yeah, he hit Panther from distance right to the throat right after he did the ground pound thing and knocked the gauntlet out of his hands. maw started to grab it, panther grabbed it and threw it to Parker.

You figure it was faster than a bullet? It moved quick to be sure, but that feels like a stretch.
    He threw it faster than Carol's travel speed

He was behind her and blew up the van before she got there