Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I remember that. He did kill her, but they were using the Hate Monger's tech at the time. So Castle wasn't in his right mind, and really, despite all his many flaws, I doubt he would kill an innocent person ever, to keep up an infiltration.
    Which issue numbers?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    according to your stance one may as well dump every vigilante who has taken a life ever into prison which would include "psychos" like the squadron supreme namor black panther Captain America Bucky Spider Man scott lang( collision with hydra) daredevil etc. gambit into prison only it will mean that the whole villains will have a clear playing field.
    i'll assume that you're talking to me despite you not using the quote feature. you don't know what my stance is. and when did i ever say that they should be thrown into prison? pay closer attention. i like the Punisher. but i'm not going to pretend that he's better than a murderer. i don't need to sugar coat things. that goes the same for the rest of the characters you listed. not sure what "collision with hydra" is supposed to mean. why didn't you just mention that he killed someone in prison and enjoyed it?

Also, didn't Scott Lang straight up flee Earth because of Secret Empire?

Seems like he knows he #### up.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Also, didn't Scott Lang straight up flee Earth because of Secret Empire?

Seems like he knows he #### up.
    Sure. And it doesn't make me like him less. That's my point about Punisher. Be honest about who he is. The world will continue spinning.

Extraordinary Member

I felt bad for Frank in Secret Empire. Like, he was a monster, that isn't up for debate, but he just seems so happy that someone-his hero, Captain America-is listening to him. He's finally being given the respect he always wanted. And because of that, Frank feels fine believing that he can bring back his family and seemingly even the people stuck in New York.

But...Frank is also way too happy to join a racist regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But...Frank is also way too happy to join a racist regime.
    That’s why to me it was OOC as hell. Frank wouldn’t have joined hydra no matter who was on it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That’s why to me it was OOC as hell. Frank wouldn’t have joined hydra no matter who was on it.
    But for me, it made sense. Again, Cap is telling him that everything is for the greater good, that things will be OK once they get things figured out. And besides, the ones getting the raw deal are the Inhumans and mutants, two groups Frank isn't a huge fan of. The only "different" group Frank has ever had much love for are the monsters and most of those were probably stuck in New York at the time.

We've seen Frank reject bringing his family back before, but those times usually didn't have Captain America telling him it was the right thing to do.

Yep, I definitely consider him a villain. In fact having punisher as a antagonist for Daredevil, Spider-man or others are really my favorite stories with him. He's really no different than the Scourge of the Underworld and he was always considered a villain to capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But for me, it made sense. Again, Cap is telling him that everything is for the greater good, that things will be OK once they get things figured out. And besides, the ones getting the raw deal are the Inhumans and mutants, two groups Frank isn't a huge fan of. The only "different" group Frank has ever had much love for are the monsters and most of those were probably stuck in New York at the time.

We've seen Frank reject bringing his family back before, but those times usually didn't have Captain America telling him it was the right thing to do.
    Didn't make sense to me. I've read every Punisher comic and appearance and to me it was OOC. They had a mini series were Frank thought Cap was going to the other side and Frank tried to kill Cap called Blood and Glory. Also were does he say Frank isn't a huge fan of mutants or inhumans? I never read that anywhere. I've seen Frank fight sentinels to stop them.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-09-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Punisher's a violent extremist. I've seen some posters comparing him to a cop, however, police officers follow laws and are held accountable.
    Frank is not like Spider-Man or other heroes since he is just a normal man. Superheroes often are capable enough to handle problems non-lethally and are needed to take out supervillains. Frank's just a guy with guns regularly putting himself in danger. Also just because some of Frank's history is "OOC" doesn't mean that it can't be used against him. OOC or not it is part of the character's history till it gets retconned out.

And for those wondering about why posters get some "riled up" because Punisher unlike the likes of similar characters like the Squadron Supreme, the Punisher could actually exist. Any maniac can go out and get a gun and start shooting at people that they think "deserve" to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Punisher's a violent extremist. I've seen some posters comparing him to a cop, however, police officers follow laws and are held accountable.
    Frank is not like Spider-Man or other heroes since he is just a normal man. Superheroes often are capable enough to handle problems non-lethally and are needed to take out supervillains. Frank's just a guy with guns regularly putting himself in danger. Also just because some of Frank's history is "OOC" doesn't mean that it can't be used against him. OOC or not it is part of the character's history till it gets retconned out.

And for those wondering about why posters get some "riled up" because Punisher unlike the likes of similar characters like the Squadron Supreme, the Punisher could actually exist. Any maniac can go out and get a gun and start shooting at people that they think "deserve" to be killed.
    In no way did I say it didn't count against him. Show me were I said it? It's canon. I can't argue that it's true, but I can argue that I think it's OOC. Just like some of the things writers had Tony do during Civil War. They were OOC, but they are canon. I can't argue that they are true, but again I can argue that they are OOC. Get it now.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-10-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

He should stop killing people for things that are not punishable by a death sentence.

Then he will not be a villain.
    Baby Thanos

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

The Punisher is the hero you deserve.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    i'll say that him saying Hail Hydra was OOC. Castle's not a joiner.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post

This in fact does happen. Except those guys don't go out and shoot mob bosses...they shoot abortion doctors, Jewish people, Muslims, mean kids at school...