Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    To be honest I have never really understood all the overreacting to the punisher in Superhero comics. If any real person put on a costume that was colorful like Spider-man and fought crime that person no matter how noble in intent would ultimately get arrested or sued in civil court and trashed in the media for stepping on civil liberties of the criminals he stops, yet very few criticize the idea of someone acting like Spider-man in the comics.
    The SHRA was the direct result of the anti-vigilante sentiment that had been built up over the years (in universe). Spider-man has been sued and trashed in the media. and, sure, it would be even worse in real life. he'd also be trolled. there would be people goading him into fights or spending a lot of their time trying to learn his real identity. i'm sure that there'd be impostors and faked false allegations. but i think Punisher is treated somewhat realistically in the comics. the heroes dislike him. the villains dislike him. and it's only a minority of law enforcement that gives him a pass.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

All this shows is Nick Spencer doesn't care about the characters he writes.
    "Cable was right!"

Punisher is literally an argument against his own existence.
    There's been a good handful of future or alternate Punisher stories where he knows the last person he has to kill is himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The writers of Castle's stories already establish what his targets' criminal deeds are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Didn't Punisher kill that woman in Fraction's run, basically as a means to keep his cover?
    He snapped her neck to keep his cover. What was her criminal deed?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

All this shows is Nick Spencer doesn't care about the characters he writes.
    there is no universe where the one guy frank likes giving him legal authority to be the death cop he already is with the chance to bring his family back does not get him on board the tentacle club

although to be fair continuity god spencer has said that he's a villain
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    To be honest I have never really understood all the overreacting to the punisher in Superhero comics. If any real person put on a costume that was colorful like Spider-man and fought crime that person no matter how noble in intent would ultimately get arrested or sued in civil court and trashed in the media for stepping on civil liberties of the criminals he stops, yet very few criticize the idea of someone acting like Spider-man in the comics because we accept that it is a fictional world. Yet with the Punisher we treat him as if he exists in the real world and judge him by that. Especially with marvel characters where except for a few exceptions,most of the main universe heroes kill or have killed, spidey and Daredevil are the only two where not killing seems to be a part of the character. DC seems to have a bigger focus on not killing since the majority of their characters tend to abide by a no kill rule but marvel has never really focused on that. It just always seems weird to me that most marvel characters happily team up with hulk, wolverine, elektra, venom, deadpool and Ghost rider yet castle shows up and everyone jumps on their high horse and calls him a villain. Punisher is not one of the most noble or heroic in the marvel universe and if he existed in the real world he absolutely would be a terrifying person who would rightfully be called a villain but in a marvel universe where the avengers and x-men happily trot out wolverine, x-23, and deadpool as heroes the overreaction to punisher is kinda weird in my opinion.
    Probably because the Punisher feels to real. A scientist turning into a giant murderous green monster? Fine. A really short guy with claws murdering people? Cool. A hot greek ninja assassin in bikini? Hot. Problematic guy bonded with a alien eaten people? Badass. A immortal insane hitman? Funny. A guy bonded with some demon destroying souls? Wow. But a man, with military training that decides to gun down every criminal he finds, is just to real. It force us to deal with things we just prefer not to.
    Basically is hypocrisy from the writers, the characters and the readers.

He snapped her neck to keep his cover. What was her criminal deed?
    I still don't know which Fraction issue you're talking about so I can research it.
    "Cable was right!"

I still don't know which Fraction issue you're talking about so I can research it.
    Punisher War Journal. I don't remember the issue number but it's when he was infiltrating Hate Mongers group.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

All-New Member

He is n antihero, not a villain. Seeing as guys like wolverine have been avengers, calling punisher a villain I quite hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by Genii96 View Post
    He is n antihero, not a villain. Seeing as guys like wolverine have been avengers, calling punisher a villain I quite hypocritical
    what if i just call he and Logan murderous psychopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what if i just call he and Logan murderous psychopaths?
    Then I'll just call you wrong.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

according to your stance one may as well dump every vigilante who has taken a life ever into prison which would include "psychos" like the squadron supreme namor black panther Captain America Bucky Spider Man scott lang( collision with hydra) daredevil etc. gambit into prison only it will mean that the whole villains will have a clear playing field.

Ultimate Member

Punisher War Journal. I don't remember the issue number but it's when he was infiltrating Hate Mongers group.
    I remember that. He did kill her, but they were using the Hate Monger's tech at the time. So Castle wasn't in his right mind, and really, despite all his many flaws, I doubt he would kill an innocent person ever, to keep up an infiltration.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    according to your stance one may as well dump every vigilante who has taken a life ever into prison which would include "psychos" like the squadron supreme namor black panther Captain America Bucky Spider Man scott lang( collision with hydra) daredevil etc. gambit into prison only it will mean that the whole villains will have a clear playing field.
    Both of these characters are monarchs not vigilantes.
    Pull List:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Genii96 View Post
    I've seen Wolverine refrain from killing far more times than Castle ever has. And he's probably saved the word a few more times too.