Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think he is closer to being a super-villain than a hero. Even when Doom rounded up a bunch of supervillain criminals when he was Infamous Iron Man, he turned them over to the authorities rather than killing them. BTW, has Frank ever been wrong about any of his executions? Even the judicial system in the RW has made mistakes on convictions, which is why some states haven't executed anyone on Death Row in years.
    since you opened that door, he murdered Diablo. he murdered Cassie Lang. and there's a list of underlings who have died for accidentally damaging artwork or getting a musical note wrong. there's also his biographer who he might as well have killed.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-06-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Complex? I can't recall a single story in which he didn't kill a criminal, regardless of whatever favor they might have done for him.
    There's been a few times he's done this and even once or twice when he's let people escape knowing that they'd spend the rest of their life fearing he'd come back for them, but for the most part they're rare.

I can also remember one time he blew holes big enough in Bullseye's hands that you could fit a coke can through and then decided to let him live because he thought that would be a worse punishment. In hindsight, that was probabaly a bad idea.
    I don't know how Bullseye recovered from that.

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    He may not kill innocent people but I have seen him kill bad guys for things that would not warrant a death penalty.

I think I read an issue where he came across people who said they had just recently joined A.I.M. and he shot them in the head.
    that page was a goddamn nightmare
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He uses the villains' tactics against them. He isn't a supervillain because his end goals are different.
    "Cable was right!"

he doesn't have an endgoal, that's why he's a villain

not because he kills, but because killing is in itself the goal

many villains at least have designated endpoints like retiring or creating their ideal orderly world or putting those they care about above others, but we still call them villains
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 05-06-2019 at 05:48 AM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He uses the villains' tactics against them. He isn't a supervillain because his end goals are different.
    what we do defines us. intentions don't mean much.

Extraordinary Member

Frank is a serial killer, plain and simple. Realistically, he should be killed, because sending him to prison would just be give him a big buffet of people to murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what we do defines us. intentions don't mean much.
    And what Frank Castle does is take out bad people before they take out good people.

smfh.

Y'all acting as if he tried to flood New York because some blond chick turned him down.

Or he dated Kitty Pryde.
    "Cable was right!"

He’s a villain. Funny enough, a lot of cops also celebrate him.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I don't think there's much value in labeling the character, or any character too strictly. It all depends on the story. As a protagonist he's generally portrayed as a superbly competent, necessary evil. Not flawless by any means, but skilled and shown that what he does has some value even if it's ugly. When appearing in an antagonistic role you're probably not going to be shown that. It's most likely not in his book so you don't need to see anything besides him being in opposition to the protagonist. It all depends on whose the star of the particular comic, and whose making that comic.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

a villain needs to kill or deliberately hurt good people, civilians or soemthing

frank castle doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    a villain needs to kill or deliberately hurt good people, civilians or soemthing
    I don't agree with that premise. Frank doesn't deliberate. that much is true. he doesn't consider the potential domino effect of his actions. those organized criminals have family members; some innocent. ever consider what happens to the child of one of those murdered people? Frank's victims are responsible for the crimes that they commit. but Castle takes part of that responsibility when he intervenes instead of the justice system. and 'innocent' is a relative term. Mephisto might tell you that he doesn't harm innocents, as well. doesn't mean that Mephisto isn't a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He’s a villain. Funny enough, a lot of cops also celebrate him.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ho-become-cops

when the late Dr. Yochelson and I were interviewing career criminals in our study at St. Elizabeths Hospital in Washington, D.C., we discovered that a significant number of them, when they were youngsters, aspired to careers in law enforcement. They reported being attracted by the uniform, the badge, the gun, the fast police cruiser and, most of all, the thrill of pursuing and catching the “bad guys.” It was the excitement and the ability to wield absolute power over other human beings that attracted them as well as the prospect of being cited as heroes for doing so.

If Frank busts some caps in some crooks and those crooks had families, we just say those dudes died from occupational hazards.

What happens to those kids? They'll just be down one or two parents. Sucks to suck. If the law was an un-corruptible machine they would've lost that parent anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

And what Frank Castle does is take out bad people before they take out good people.

Y'all acting as if he tried to flood New York because some blond chick turned him down.
    he's murdered (and gotten killed) a metric ton of people in Bagalia. pretty sure that there was even a flood.

Or he dated Kitty Pryde.
    I didn't say that he was a monster.