Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Okay so a character I don't hate per se but I will tend to gloss over is Deadpool. I mean I know it's his entire point to not really fit in and to break the fourth wall and stuff but . . . I don't know, I don't really like it. Like I know there's also supposed to be a serious side to him but that doesn't make him fit into the feel of things any better - for me personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I don't really hate any character, but I do hate hypocrisy as such I hate the current depictions of a few characters for whom that has become a defining trait. Beast and Wolverine are the most obvious offenders but so to are most of the New Avengers sans Namor as of the most recent issue. This is really unfortunate as Beast used to be my second favorite mutant back when he was the Shakespeare quoting, sarcastic, quipping hero not the whiny hypocritical planetary destroying, universe endangering douche bag he’s currently being written as.

I will add that if they go back to being written well (and sympathetically) I'd probably go back to liking them.
    I'm in that camp as well. Go back to being yourselves and I'll like you again. Currently though? You could die in the next issue and I won't give a crap.

I'm starting really dislike Sam Alexander...but not hate him.

I mean being a vet and after this country has been at war for 13 years is this really even funny?

Beast and Scarlet Witch. My user name should tell you why.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    I'm starting really dislike Sam Alexander...but not hate him.

I mean being a vet and after this country has been at war for 13 years is this really even funny?
    How can someone be that ignorant?! He'll, who even though that this is in any way funny?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Quentin Quire through and through. I don't generally like other characters like Wonder Man, Wolverine, Beast, ext. But they did have some good moments in the past. Hate is a waste of energy imo, but Quire is the exception haha.
    I don't usually hate characters, but when I do, I hate characters like Quentin, who exist only to steal page time away from much more interesting characters like Rachel ('cause that's what the X-verse needed, *another* colorfully-coiffed telekinetic/telepathic Phoenix-host...).

I don't generally hate characters who've done jerkish things, because, nine times out of ten, that's just bad writing.

Reed Richards is really earning his 'smartest man alive' nickname, 'though. Every morally or ethically bankrupt thing Tony Stark has done, and been rightly criticized and / or beat down over (after Civil War, it was practically a 'let's all beat up Tony!' piñata party! Cap, Spidey, Thor, Hulk...), Reed has done the same right by his side (or worse!) and *totally skated.* It's possible that Reed Richards doesn't even realize that he's been a supervillain for over a decade. He's certainly fooled everybody else... I don't hate the character for that, since, as usual, I'd blame it on bad writing, but it does make it hard to like him, or have much respect for the 'heroes' around him who enable / put up with his stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Reed Richards is really earning his 'smartest man alive' nickname, 'though. Every morally or ethically bankrupt thing Tony Stark has done, and been rightly criticized and / or beat down over (after Civil War, it was practically a 'let's all beat up Tony!' piñata party! Cap, Spidey, Thor, Hulk...), Reed has done the same right by his side (or worse!) and *totally skated.* It's possible that Reed Richards doesn't even realize that he's been a supervillain for over a decade. He's certainly fooled everybody else... I don't hate the character for that, since, as usual, I'd blame it on bad writing, but it does make it hard to like him, or have much respect for the 'heroes' around him who enable / put up with his stunts.
    Could not agree more. I've been saying this for so long.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I can't muster hate for fictional characters. Do I dislike what they do sometimes sure but often that is the point. Do I dislike some stories sure but you pays your money you takes your chances.

I also don't believe in characters as being ruined. They are ever evolving characters that can have ebbs and flows. You might not like them now but love them later or the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Could not agree more. I've been saying this for so long.

but Tony had one of Thor's hairs so he is responsible for CLOR not the people who built it and used their tech to make him work. It is so true, the internet demands it be so.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't hate characters I just hate how they are written but if they are written a certain unlikable way long enough it can come close.

Gambit. I hate ol' Remy's YUCKY stubble, his unkempt hair, his cheesy French accent, the way he lies to cover his pathetic ass. Hated his sissy ponytail he had 20+ years ago. Was very happy when got left behind in the Antarctic at the end of UXM#350...

BANNED

Avengers Undercover (and Avengers Arena, to a slightly lesser extent) made me strongly dislike Nico Minoru. Acting like a complete jerk to someone who is supposed to be your friend is not endearing.

Most hated would probably be Tony Stark, because he's a scumbag. I can't believe that anyone in the MU willingly goes without twenty feet of him, since they keep having to remove knives from their backs. I don't like Reed, but at least he occasionally pulls his head out his backside because of his family.

Yeah I have a hard time hating anyone because I understand it's just how they're written.

Cyclops and his whole crew have been massively unlikable the past couple years though and it's really really difficult not to hate Tony Stark (as much as I want him to redeem himself so I can like hi,)

Never been fond of Gambit or Namor either.
    Last edited by Andy; 07-31-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Walking plot devices. Characters that have powers that are so undefined the writers can uses them to do whatever they need them to to cover plot holes. Some examples:

Sentry
    Phoenix
    Franklin Richards
    Reed Richards

They just become the fix all for any story.