Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    I’m all for a live action spiderverse

Toby is the older Spider-Man who settled down with MJ.

Garfield became cosmic spider.

Emma Stone as Spider-gwen...
    Doesn't Peter have to die and Gwen gets the powers, not him, for it to work?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So Mordo was right in Dr Strange, one of the things he said could happen by playing with time was a dimensional opening. Guessing Mordo gonna be back soon too even angrier. He was probaly cool with half the people dying

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just watched the new Spidey trailer and....yeaaah, not really into it so far.

The talk about becoming Iron Man's successor, the multiverse, magic..... Is this really a SPIDER-MAN movie, we're talking about here?

I mean, I don't mind Pete participating in big crossovers, but his own solo movies oughta be a bit more down to earth and relatable, in my opinion.
    Because it's the first movie after End Game, it needs to do some house cleaning as far as the whole MCU is concerned. A lot of stuff needs to be addressed or established moving foreward. Spidey is next up to bat, so it sort of falls on his movie.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just watched the new Spidey trailer and....yeaaah, not really into it so far.

The talk about becoming Iron Man's successor, the multiverse, magic..... Is this really a SPIDER-MAN movie, we're talking about here?

I mean, I don't mind Pete participating in big crossovers, but his own solo movies oughta be a bit more down to earth and relatable, in my opinion.
    I feel like a story about life forcing people to grow up faster than they should’ve & people trying to figure what to do after somebody they care about/look up to dies seems very down to earth & relatable.

Mighty Member

As unlikely as this is to happen, I'm hoping Captain Britain or at least Braddock is mentioned in the movie since one of the roles of the Captain Britain Corps is to protect the multiverse. Granted, they did a sucky job at it since they were slaughtered en masse by the lapdogs of the Beyonders, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    As unlikely as this is to happen, I'm hoping Captain Britain or at least Braddock is mentioned in the movie since one of the roles of the Captain Britain Corps is to protect the multiverse. Granted, they did a sucky job at it since they were slaughtered en masse by the lapdogs of the Beyonders, but I digress.
    The next season of Agents of SHIELD is supposed to have a character hailing from the multi-verse. Maybe that's him? I hope not ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

looks like fun. hopefully the 5 year gap for Peter and friends will be explored. just accepting it in a matter of fact kind of way would be bizarre.

Saw the trailer.....eh, not really sure how I feel about it. I do know that some of my worries about this particular incarnation of Spider-Man have come true, especially with that whole we need a new Iron Man.

Instead of a new Iron Man how bout we focus on just Spider-Man being Spider-Man not the next Iron Man. And Honestly if this whole dimension stuff/multiverse...shouldn't Nick Fury be calling Doctor Strange?

Iron Spider suit was cool for Avengers, but honestly tho I really just want the red and blue back. Spider-Man using Iron Man gadgets is not all that appealing to me.

Mysterio is a great choice of villain, never seen him before on screen so I'm really only interested in that part. Doing a different villain is great. It would be better if he was trying to be the Next Iron Man. He sees some sort of void that his ego and taste for theatrics needs to fill and Spider-Man has to step in and take him down a peg or two. but whatever.

I'll still see it...maybe not opening night but I'll still check it out.

Meh. I just so couldn't care less about MCU Spidey. He was the worst part of Civil War and his Avenger's parts weren't any better. I waited til DVD for Homecoming and while I suppose had it been the first Spidey movie I'd seen I'd have liked it I couldn't help but compare to all three far superior Raimi films (even the flawed 3rd one) and even the first Andrew Garfield one (I didn't see the 2nd). Just have no interest in teen Spidey, especially since 99% of his comic career was as an adult so thats what I expect from the movies.

I'll be waiting for Redbox.

BANNED

Hmm. I will definitely wait to see this until the spoilers confirm there are not actually other dimensions at play here. If there are dimensions in a teen Spiderman flick, I've no interest in it.

The good news is that this is Mysterio, so everything is suspect. If done properly, he's not capable of anything but illusion. It wouldn't surprise me if even Fury and Hill are not who or what they appear to be.

But even at that, Iron Spider Boy is pretty disappointing all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    looks like fun. hopefully the 5 year gap for Peter and friends will be explored. just accepting it in a matter of fact kind of way would be bizarre.
    So apparently Peter, MJ, and Ned were snapped; the rest aged 5 years.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So apparently Peter, MJ, and Ned were snapped; the rest aged 5 years.
    Flash obviously hasn't been snapped. He's there with them.

BANNED

I dig it. I don't think Marvel releases a trailer having Spidey talk about multi-verses just for that to be a ruse by Mysterio.

He might be lying about something, but likely not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I dig it. I don't think Marvel releases a trailer having Spidey talk about multi-verses just for that to be a ruse by Mysterio.

He might be lying about something, but likely not that.
    I agree. And in Dr Strange is was pointed out playing with time could open dimensional holes. Mysterio probaly isnt who he says he is but I'm sure hes from another dimension. Watching him in action still looks like classic Mysterio stuff mixed with Dr Strange visuals. You can see geometric patterns in front if the Green smoke. Wouldnt be surprised if he was a failed student of Strange or the Ancient one. So while using alot of illusions he can do some basic magic. Or his illusions and tech are good and hes purposefully made then look like Stranges magic to trick people.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quentin Beck is an actor , he's playing a role. I'm sure at the end he'll reveal he's a failed actor or Spidey will learn that from his Earth. In all...though now they have the "doorway" so to speak to replace Tony Stark down the road in a few years with a younger version. The others can bring up Beck and all possibly as someone who wasn't who he said he was. But the younger Tony can show he's the genius n hero he is.

So props to Marvel and all here. They are able to now move ahead and use what they did earlier. Good moves.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.