Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

just find it hard to imagine Fury is gonna drag Peter into another dimension. Plus we have Toomes, Gargan, and most likely chameleon in the none. All of this plus Mysterio screams street level, not dimension-hopping.

I suspect a grand plot to make Peter believes he's dealing with fallout from Endgame, but ultimately it's nothing of the sort. The best thing for the MCU would to actually use this as an excuse to prove there cannot be any unknown realities from the effects of Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    just find it hard to imagine Fury is gonna drag Peter into another dimension. Plus we have Toomes, Gargan, and most likely chameleon in the none. All of this plus Mysterio screams street level, not dimension-hopping.

I suspect a grand plot to make Peter believes he's dealing with fallout from Endgame, but ultimately it's nothing of the sort. The best thing for the MCU would to actually use this as an excuse to prove there cannot be any unknown realities from the effects of Endgame.
    Dr Strange already established that this was a risk of messing with time. Also I dont know if fury cares about the other earth looks like trouble(Elementals and Beck) came over to our earth. Of the people available to Fury Peter might be the best option. Beck is either lying about stuff from his earth or he is somewhat of a hero but somethings gonna happen to expose his true nature. Did the trailer say they were dimension hopping? I figure Peter is just helping Shield and Beck stop the Elementals and maybe send them back home(Or that's the Guise Beck uses). But everything we have seen so far especialy Dr Strange this is fully in line. But yea If Fury sends Peter to the "Other" earth I might have some reservations. Peter is way more effective then say Sam and Bucky but if you doing something as crazy as Dimension hopping send the less effective soliders rather then the Child.

Honestly I don't completely buy that Fury is demanding Peter do anything at this point... at least let the kid graduate freaking high school before you're sending him on missions. I get that he has some experience under his belt but still... he's still a freaking kid regardless of how good or powerful he is. There's gotta be a couple adult super heroes lying around he can contact.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't completely buy that Fury is demanding Peter do anything at this point... at least let the kid graduate freaking high school before you're sending him on missions. I get that he has some experience under his belt but still... he's still a freaking kid regardless of how good or powerful he is. There's gotta be a couple adult super heroes lying around he can contact.
    I think Sam and Bucky are better choices of lives to risk but Civil war showed Peter is effortlessly more effective then both of them. Rhodey is the obvious choice but for all we know Rhodey gets na.e dropped and is unavailable too. After Rhodey Peter's probaly the best choice. Everyone else is problematic for many reasons. Honestly just depends how its handled in the movie.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    All of this plus Mysterio screams street level, not dimension-hopping.
    Mysterio was dimension hopping in the Spider-Men storyline though.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Sam and Bucky are better choices of lives to risk but Civil war showed Peter is effortlessly more effective then both of them. Rhodey is the obvious choice but for all we know Rhodey gets na.e dropped and is unavailable too. After Rhodey Peter's probaly the best choice. Everyone else is problematic for many reasons. Honestly just depends how its handled in the movie.
    Honestly, the only person better suited for this mission would be T’calla but dudes probably busy catching up on 5 years worth of developments so he might not pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just watched the new Spidey trailer and....yeaaah, not really into it so far.

The talk about becoming Iron Man's successor, the multiverse, magic..... Is this really a SPIDER-MAN movie, we're talking about here?

I mean, I don't mind Pete participating in big crossovers, but his own solo movies oughta be a bit more down to earth and relatable, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Saw the trailer.....eh, not really sure how I feel about it. I do know that some of my worries about this particular incarnation of Spider-Man have come true, especially with that whole we need a new Iron Man.

Instead of a new Iron Man how bout we focus on just Spider-Man being Spider-Man not the next Iron Man. And Honestly if this whole dimension stuff/multiverse...shouldn't Nick Fury be calling Doctor Strange?

Iron Spider suit was cool for Avengers, but honestly tho I really just want the red and blue back. Spider-Man using Iron Man gadgets is not all that appealing to me.

Mysterio is a great choice of villain, never seen him before on screen so I'm really only interested in that part. Doing a different villain is great. It would be better if he was trying to be the Next Iron Man. He sees some sort of void that his ego and taste for theatrics needs to fill and Spider-Man has to step in and take him down a peg or two. but whatever.

I'll still see it...maybe not opening night but I'll still check it out.
    I called it!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a trailer where at the very start the main star comes out and say that if you haven't seen the previous movie yet, don't watch this.

To the trailer itself, I really liked it.(though I can already hear the obvious complaints) People are going to misinterpret the hell out of the next Iron Man line.

So, Mysterio is apparently from a different universe, that got snapped here. He could just be lying though. However, Dr. Strange already introduced the concept of multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Honestly, the only person better suited for this mission would be T’calla but dudes probably busy catching up on 5 years worth of developments so he might not pick up.
    That's what I meant about everyone being problematic. Tchalla probaly isnt too accessible and very busy. Wanda probaly went off the grid and is unstable, Antman doesnt trust Sheild because of Hank. Spiderman after Rhodey seems like the best option of people who you can realistically get.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I guess M’baku has been king.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I guess M’baku has been king.
    I think Okoye has been running things

Yes! Can’t wait to see The Invincible Iron Boy!!!!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I called it!
    It's....not like this was my only complaint?

And just because you call something doesn't make it invalid.

BANNED

People don’t truly believe the “there must always be an Iron Man” thing, right? No possibility of a “I gotta forge my own destiny as Spider-Man” trope?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    People don’t truly believe the “there must always be an Iron Man” thing, right? No possibility of a “I gotta forge my own destiny as Spider-Man” trope?
    I'm pretty sure that's how it'll go down, with Peter forging his own path...but, you know what? MCU Iron Man was so great, and MCU Spider-Man is so middle of the road, I'll happily take making him Iron Man lite.

We know the multiverse is real. Dr strange, avengers endgame and agents of shield have more or less confirmed it plus a version of mcu Valkyrie was called to join the exiles in the comics and the mcu has a universe number and is part of the comics multiverse. (it's also a nice way to set up what if movies or films like weird world or crystar that are outside the mcu!)

As for mysterio most think he really is a bad guy. He could be making up the story about coming from another universe but i'm sure fury looked into their worlds version and would know if it's him. (fury is not that dumb) He also could be from another earth but is really a bad guy who is a enemy to his world Spider-Man and may even be the main marvel universe version stepping into the mcu! (that would be a twist if he was the comic book version!)

The other choice is he really is a hero but the mcu mysterio finds out and switches places with him leading to a battle of two mysterios.

Who knows how marvel wil go here?

Edit--plus spideys spidey sense didn't go off when he met mysterio but then again it didn't go off for vulture also.

Hmm. I will definitely wait to see this until the spoilers confirm there are not actually other dimensions at play here. If there are dimensions in a teen Spiderman flick, I've no interest in it.

Why not. Spider-verse was great plus peter had stories like this in marvel team up many times plus he met spider-girl from another universe early in his career so it's not like this is the first time this has been done. Spidey has had cosmic and magic adventures also. It is part of the risk you take if your a hero in a superhero universe. If you have dr strange and captain marvel in your world you may come across magic, aliens, time travel or other universes. Even batman has fought magic, heroes from other universes or aliens in his comics.

The other earth stuff could not have much to do with the plot also.