Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default X-Men Monday 5 /06/19

The X-Monday of Love & Pairings. Lets See what JDW had to say & show.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-11-x-couples/

Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-06-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-06-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Pssst! You forgot the link.

Really, I don't think people are going to be as rabid over this one as some of us were thinking. Minus the inevitable Scott/Jean/Emma stuff, of course...

we love and appreciate you jordan d white
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Why Emma "can do better" than Scott but Scott and Jean are marked in stone

they should have debuted the far from home trailer exclusively within x-men monday

what jordan is really saying is that emma can do better by joining the avengers

Jordan: If we’re talking as a story, it’s obviously great for the books. A part of what makes X-Men itself over the last 50+ years is the soap opera aspect. If we’re talking about in-world, is it good for them running their squads? Yeah, I think it is. First off, I would object to your premise in that the X-Men are not co-workers, they are a chosen family. The deep love the X-Men have for one another is one of the biggest differences between them and other superhero teams like the Avengers. The Avengers are co-workers. The X-Men are a family. Uh, not that you should date your family. But like I said, the family you choose, a tight knit group of friends with that sort of extremely close love that can sometimes spill over into romantic love. And yeah, I think that is good for them. It means they always are fighting for love in addition to whatever specific cause they are championing that day, and that makes them stronger.
    I would agree that the found family aspect of the X-Men is a big part of what makes them stand out among Marvel's other franchises. I also think that creatives actually remembering to demonstrate that caring aspect has been rather lost in the crush lately, or handwaved as something readers should be able to assume, whether or not it gets demonstrated on-panel. That's something I hope gets course-corrected once we wrap the current stories and get to our bright and lovely Hickman era. Even in real-life, love can't just be taken for granted, it has to be reaffirmed once in a while.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-06-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Pssst! You forgot the link.

Really, I don't think people are going to be as rabid over this one as some of us were thinking. Minus the inevitable Scott/Jean/Emma stuff, of course...
    Yeah, Scemma vs. Jott may be decent for Emma fans, and annoying for Jean.

He says Jean is Scott's greatest love, which is bad for Scemmas.

But he then said that Emma could do better & should find someone who can bring out her best side. Which can possibly satisfy Emma fans who hate her being all about Scott. But it will possibly annoy Jean fans that he thinks she's suited for Scott so Emma can do better. lol

Someone asked him about Sunspot x Monet, but I already knew he wouldn't answer that one. lol Especially when the poster mentions couples between two CoC are so rare. They tend to ignore questions dealing with diversity. Like someone asking Greg Pak & Chris Robinson what Monet was getting whiter in Weapon X, and neither gave a reply.

My question didn't get answered either, but that may be for the best since chances are high the answer wouldn't have been good. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-06-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Boring interview.

They used the romance thread to dismiss the important questions about Uncanny or HiX-men.

BANNED

This is the best X-Men Monday because Anna Kendrick was in it.

Disappointed that none of the LGBT questions were answered but I did like the reminder of Beast and Wonder Man from Parker's Exiles, even if it's obviously a very minor coupling.

Great Honey Badger panel from Olortegui, Wong & O'Halloran, who continue to be a star team.

EDIT: The found family answer highlighted by Anduinel was encouraging too - this is a big part of the X-Men's appeal for me.

the x-men are the greatest family of all where everyone hates each other and everyone from the young pink blob to the bald granddad wants to bang the eldest sister

Oh, and of course he likes Blob x Betsy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Boring interview.

They used the romance thread to dismiss the important questions about Uncanny or HiX-men.
    The important questions about Uncanny and HiX-Men should be answered by Uncanny and HiX-Men when they come out, which is very soon.

BANNED

Not much relevant stuff. I know they kind of have to pick Xavier Files' questions, but that one felt so empty I got kind of annoyed at it LMAO

Also got confused a bit due to the way the date is written in the thread title and thought "WAIT IT'S JUNE ALREADY". I'm sleepy and these americanisms certainly don't help me.