Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    They are now. They have been since the start of Morrison's run.

Prior to that, Emma was written as around 10 years older than Jean and the original X-Men, about 5-10 years younger than Xavier and Banshee.
    Actually, even in Gen. X, she meets Dark Beast (who came to the timeline about 10 years prior) as a teenager, and editors said she was in her 20's in letters.

They are now. They have been since the start of Morrison's run.

Prior to that, Emma was written as around 10 years older than Jean and the original X-Men, about 5-10 years younger than Xavier and Banshee.
    Not true.

Prior to Generation X it was not determined. Her bios from the 1980s described her has as young.

Gen X addressed her age and that placed her around Icemans age.

From then on she has always been described as around the O5s age or younger e.g. her ongoing, Gen X and making her a contemporary of Sway, Petra and Darwin

Oh boy I saw the topic of this week and I got my popcorn ready. This thread is already delicious. Now to just sit back and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Actually, even in Gen. X, she meets Dark Beast (who came to the timeline about 10 years prior) as a teenager, and editors said she was in her 20's in letters.
    Dark Beast and Sugar Man came to 616 about twenty years in the past, so Emma would have been about 36 in the mid 90's.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Dark Beast and Sugar Man came to 616 about twenty years in the past, so Emma would have been about 36 in the mid 90's.
    The letter pages and the in story of Gen X addressed this.

Gen X minus 1 and the Gen X 49 was 8 years x months and 21 days as addressed by the characters and the writer of that very story.

It placed Emma between 25 to 30 when GEN x 49 was written

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Lobdell's Emma didn't read as a 20-something. Mid-to-late 30s at least. Old enough to have teenage children.

Dark Beast, along with Sugar Man, were shunted 20+ years into the past--the same era when "Legion Quest" occurred with Xavier and Magneto were palling around in Israel. The issue you're referring to is Generation X #-1, part of the Flashback event. Emma was in her late teens, hanging out at NYC cocktail parties and using her telepathy to begin building her fortune.

Lobdell's Emma didn't read as a 20-something. Mid-to-late 30s at least. Old enough to have teenage children.

Dark Beast, along with Sugar Man, were shunted 20+ years into the past--the same era when "Legion Quest" occurred with Xavier and Magneto were palling around in Israel. The issue you're referring to is Generation X #-1, part of the Flashback event. Emma was in her late teens, hanging out at NYC cocktail parties and using her telepathy to begin building her fortune.
    Nope Emma was 16 at that Gen X minus issue. She left home a year ago as per the narrator. And her meeting with Adrianne occurs 8 years after Emma leaves home. Which makes Emma 23 in Gen X 48 if you go by what is written.

Secondly Cordelia is 17 at that same time. Emma would never have known Cordelia by your time line.

Thirdly the editors wrote that they saw Emma as 25 to 30 in Gen x

Incredible Member

Am I the only one shipping Emma and Sean?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Sean is a good man and i would hate to see him being butchered in dumb shipping fights.
    I would like him to see him with someone but at the same team i fear it

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    AOXM really have been lacking LGBT relationships
    Seriously?
    that is surprising,What about Northstar?
    (i only read marvelous)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-06-2019 at 02:48 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Nope. They're good for each other. Sean grounds Emma and Emma gives Sean a bit of edge.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

we love and appreciate you jordan d white I only ship you and this loving fanbase

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Seriously?
    that is surprising,What about Northstar?
    (i only read marvelous)
    He will have the spotlight on next issue of x-tremists, but so far no gay romance

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Figures editorial would start talking about classical shipping after their Glorified Exercise in Alternate Universe Crack Shipping crashed and burned, lololololololol.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sean is a good man and i would hate to see him being butchered in dumb shipping fights.
    I would like him to see him with someone but at the same team i fear it
    Risk is Sean getting same hate as Bishop. Majority of Emma fans ship Scott or Namor, Sean isn't even on radar.
    He is probably her best option