Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

What happened to Rich? He was Loebed. I don't if you're a Phoenix powered Wolverine Black Bolt. Uncle Ben's got a better shot of coming back when you're been Loebed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Yeah, I read his interview earlier (he said that he doesn't really like his helmet). Which is a shame, sine Gunn is a big comic fan (he apparently still has a pull list).
    Im just not sure how he can like the DnA stuff but not Rich...the helmet stuff is not the biggest deal in the world..

I'm not a Nova fan, so maybe my opinion has no value, but is it maybe time to give up the whole NINO/GOTGINO/Rider thing and move on after this story? I have no problem with fans loving these characters (everyone has favourites) but all the NINO stuff online coupled with cosmic book news's conspiracy theories is kind of annoying to someone who became a GOTG fan with the relaunch. Why are people so passionate about Richard Rider? I can understand the whole being replaced thing, but some people act like he was the greatest Marvel character ever.
    Last edited by MrMcMuffin; 07-31-2014 at 04:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    I'm not a Nova fan, so maybe my opinion has no value, but is it maybe time to give up the whole NINO/GOTGINO and move on after this story? I have no problem with fans loving these characters (everyone has favourites) but all the NINO stuff online coupled with cosmic book news's conspiracy theories is kind of annoying to someone who became a GOTG fan with the relaunch. What's people's problem with the new Nova exactly?
    I don't have a huge problem with Sam but when your main character doesn't recognise Lady Liberty, then yeah, he is not going to win any fans. Plus, the characterization of most Guardians is pretty awful. Rocket became a unbearable asshole and Peter's personality took a pretty big turn. These just aren't the characters from Annihilation and 2008. Besides, the whole Cancerverse issue still hasn't been dealt with, and it most probably will turn out to be disappointing. I would drop the book but the completionist in me, along with the hope that the writer will change, don't allow me to do that.

Do you mean in the sequels? Cos if not I've got some bad news for you...
    Yes.That's what I meant

BANNED

I'm not a Nova fan, so maybe my opinion has no value, but is it maybe time to give up the whole NINO/GOTGINO/Rider thing and move on after this story? I have no problem with fans loving these characters (everyone has favourites) but all the NINO stuff online coupled with cosmic book news's conspiracy theories is kind of annoying to someone who became a GOTG fan with the relaunch. Why are people so passionate about Richard Rider? I can understand the whole being replaced thing, but some people act like he was the greatest Marvel character ever.
    Read Annihilation and you'll understand. Its primarily the story of how a C list doofus character (Nova) grew into a man and saved the Universe. Characters like Captain America were pretty much awesome leaders from day one and we never really saw how he became the person he is. We saw it with Nova and we saw him essentially become the Captain America level of hero in the cosmic verse. The climactic scene of Annihilation where Rich wins the war is one of the greatest splash pages ever given what he does and how he does it. Then a few years later he gets flushed down the toilet so they could push Sam because god only knows a teen angst hero book is something none of us have ever read.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 07-31-2014 at 05:00 PM.

All-New Member

Why are people so passionate about Richard Rider? I can understand the whole being replaced thing, but some people act like he was the greatest Marvel character ever.
    To some of us, he was.

Rich came a long way from the New Warriors. We watched him grow from a madcap young super hero to a COSMIC BADASS. He ripped out Anihilus's spine. He brought Star-Lord out of retirement, and was a catalyst for the Guardians relaunch that led to the relaunch you enjoy.

You need to read the DNA related Cosmic stories and I promise you will instantly understand.

Amazing Member

I only recently got into Nova, so I know nothing about Richard Rider. Before I'm tar and feathered, racked and quartered, stretched and whatever other tortures can be concocted, what years was Richard Rider Nova, because I'd like to go back and get caught up.

I love GOTG, so I would read this anyway, but I've heard so much about Rider that I just want to know what's up with this fella.

I expect the worst.

Fantastic Member

They bout to do my boy Rich dirty.

All-New Member

Default Rich Rider history

Quote Originally Posted by MetaIt's65461
    I only recently got into Nova, so I know nothing about Richard Rider. Before I'm tar and feathered, racked and quartered, stretched and whatever other tortures can be concocted, what years was Richard Rider Nova, because I'd like to go back and get caught up.

I love GOTG, so I would read this anyway, but I've heard so much about Rider that I just want to know what's up with this fella.
    Its open for debate but I'd suggest starting with the New Warriors Classic trades or Omnibus to see where the modern day Rider characterization began. Fabian Nicieza really wrote some long, gratifying character arcs in that book & took a lot of chances w some c-list characters. Then move into the Annihilation book 1 & beyond onto Annihilation Conquest after. Then the Nova solo serious by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning. Then back to Guardians of the Galaxy (2008) edition to close the arc leading into the Thanos Imperative. Enjoy, hope that helps.

I was never into Nova until DnA proverbially recreated the character into a cosmic sentinel second only to Silver Surfer. The DnA run for me is the definitive Nova. He would have made a great addition to one of the Avengers teams, it seems like a waste to have a character grow so much only to be discarded. With that being said, I hope we get a surprise conclusion to this. The DnA/Giffen's GOTG and Nova run and Pak's Hulk run brought me back into reading comics again. I hope to feel that same passion again...

About the movie is it just the helmet design he doesn't like because if so then he could quite easily change it for the movie and then Rider would come back. I always though the Nova Corps was Marvels version of the Green Laterns. Also another fact would be the sales on Nova now, would they improve if Rich came back and was Sam's mentor and how much damage would it do to Sam's character if it happened.
    Truth is the best policy

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those issues that won't satisfy anybody with the explanation it offers. A lot of people have been asking about Richard Rider and I don't think Sam Alexander has done a good job of filling his shoes as Nova. He's one of those characters that I think Marvel believes they can get away with negating. Even if they offer a compelling story in this, I doubt anyone who wants to see Rider return is going to enjoy it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Why are people so passionate about Richard Rider? I can understand the whole being replaced thing, but some people act like he was the greatest Marvel character ever.
    You can count me as one of those people.