Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superior Spider-Man question

My local comic shop has the run of 33 Superior Spiderman issues and the Superior Spiderman team up issues. I want to get them as I want to read some of the newer stuff. Yes i know it is several years old but it will be the newest thing I have read. Is Superior Spiderman a good series? Is there anything I need to know leading up to it?
    Thanks in advance for all the help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    My local comic shop has the run of 33 Superior Spiderman issues and the Superior Spiderman team up issues. I want to get them as I want to read some of the newer stuff. Yes i know it is several years old but it will be the newest thing I have read. Is Superior Spiderman a good series? Is there anything I need to know leading up to it?
    Superior Spider-Man is a very good series! Would highly recommend it. As for what you need to know, I would pick up ASM #698-700 as well!

SSM is basically the Spider-Man equivalent to the New Testament IMHO.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Snoop, no!!! hahahahaha XD

Mighty Member

Highly recommend it! Very engaging and strikes a nice balance of character work and plotting. The interactions between Otto and the Marvel universe are fantastic. You never really LIKE Otto, but you do root for him... and I did kind of end up liking him despite his best efforts, honestly.

You don't need a ton of pre-knowledge. If you are familiar with Peter and Otto, you're good to go. Slott foreshadowed the whole thing for over a hundred issues, and if you read the whole run (which I recommend, I really liked Slott on Spidey) you will get more out of it, but it's not necessary to enjoy Superior and it's tie ins.

Put it this way. If it wasn't popular, the current Superior Spider-Man series wouldn't exist!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's excellent. It may depend on whether you think it could be fun to read stories about Spider-Man's powers in the wrong hands.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Hell, yes. Superior is amazing.

...get it?

<.<

Superior is easily one of the best Spider-Man stories of the last thirty years, IMO. It is what got me back into collecting Spider-Man comic books post-OMD. I have so much respect for what Slott accomplished I have vowed never to write the same exact take on Superior as he wrote in any fanfic I publish. I feel I can never improve upon the concept unless I give it a unique twist which alters the dynamic significantly (which I'm presently doing in my story "Another Strand in the Great Web" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web ).

PS My current avatar is even inspired by the arc. The Spider-Man in my avatar is wearing a color swapped (with Superior Octopus) version of Otto's anti-hero costume while he *ahem* enjoys Black Cat's company.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-06-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

A must read. If you want the best writer of the character, seek out Christopher Yost's Avenging Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man Team-up as well.

Thanks for all the responses. I am going to go pick these up today. I look forward to reading them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Thanks for all the responses. I am going to go pick these up today. I look forward to reading them.
    Let us know what you thought of it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Let us know what you thought of it.
    Yes please do let us know and don't be afraid to voice an opinion at odds with that of the majority. Everyone is entitled to enjoy what they enjoy or dislike what they dislike.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I am going to start on them this weekend with Amazing Spiderman 698-700 as suggested then move on to Superior Spiderman. After all the feedback I am really looking forward to getting into this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    don't be afraid to voice an opinion at odds with that of the majority.
    Very well.

If you'll permit a contrarian point of view....Superior is a far worse story than OMD and OMIT. It's nothing but crude, cynical, edge lord fodder that diminishes Peter, and makes idiots out of the entire supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    You're not funny.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-08-2019 at 05:25 AM.