Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just read Amazing Spiderman 698-700. I really enjoyed these issues. Though I was hoping the brain switch would have been more of a production. One panel and it was over. I am looking forward to reading Superior Spiderman to see how it all plays out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Just read Amazing Spiderman 698-700. I really enjoyed these issues. Though I was hoping the brain switch would have been more of a production. One panel and it was over. I am looking forward to reading Superior Spiderman to see how it all plays out.
    Thanks for the update. I envy you I wish I could read this epic story again for the first time.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I have read the first 19 issues and I have to say I can not remember when I have enjoyed a story more. I love that they brought back Cardiac. I read a couple of issues with him from before and really enjoyed him. I love Spiderman 2099 in there as well. If someone can tell me the issues when they first met I would thank you for that.
    I find myself rooting for Otto. I know in the end Peter will get his body back but for now I am really enjoying the ride. The robots, the spider army. All great. I cant wait to see what The Goblin King's plans for Spidey are.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I have read the first 19 issues and I have to say I can not remember when I have enjoyed a story more. I love that they brought back Cardiac. I read a couple of issues with him from before and really enjoyed him. I love Spiderman 2099 in there as well. If someone can tell me the issues when they first met I would thank you for that.
    I find myself rooting for Otto. I know in the end Peter will get his body back but for now I am really enjoying the ride. The robots, the spider army. All great. I cant wait to see what The Goblin King's plans for Spidey are.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Superior is indeed one hell of a ride and the story arc that got me back into reading Spider-Man on a regular basis.

Mighty Member

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm really interested in hearing how someone likes the story now as opposed to reading it when it was originally coming out. People got pretty huffy about the whole thing and more than a few hissy fits were thrown.. but isn't there always?

The cool thing is that once you catch up, there's a newish series coming out currently that you can hop on! It's really good, written by Gage, who wrote and co-wrote a good chunk of Slott's era.

I have a question about this series. Charlie was kidnapped by The Green Goblin and he is demanding to know who Spiderman is. I thought He knew who Spiderman was. Or is this not Norman Osborne?

I have a question about this series. Charlie was kidnapped by The Green Goblin and he is demanding to know who Spiderman is. I thought He knew who Spiderman was. Or is this not Norman Osborne?
    OMD made it so no one knew who Spider-Man is unless Peter tells or otherwise shows that person. Heck, even the Venom Symbiote forget who Spidey really is for a while which makes not a lick of sense when you really think about it, lol.

Astonishing Member

Dr Strange, Iron Man and Mr Fantastic helped erase all knowledge of Spider-Man's secret identity from the world, after he unmasked during Civil War. This was depicted in the "One Moment in Time" storyline in The Amazing Spider-Man #638-641.

BANNED

Very good. Go and buy the entire thing.

I judt finished the 33 issues. I have to say that I loved it. I cant remember when I have enjoyed a comic more. A couple of questions. When did Spiderman and Spiderman 2099 first meet? Now that Superior Spiderman is over does the tittle go back to Amazing Spiderman?

iMan 42s

I judt finished the 33 issues. I have to say that I loved it. I cant remember when I have enjoyed a comic more. A couple of questions. When did Spiderman and Spiderman 2099 first meet? Now that Superior Spiderman is over does the tittle go back to Amazing Spiderman?
    They met in the 90's (I think 1995) in Spider-man 2099 meets Spider-man. You can still find that issue as well online (I think it was a one-shot), and I think you can get it digitally.

It goes back to Amazing Spider-man for the far less than impressive Volume 3.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Can't answer the 2099 question, but chronologically, ASM picked up after SSM. It was a short volume - in trade, The Parker Luck, Learning to Crawl (a flashback arc), Spider-verse Prelude, then Spider-verse (here, I'm mentioning the event, which included a number of tie-ins, etc.) which details what happened to SpOck when he did the time hop during the 2099 story arc.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Be sure to pick up the current Superior Spider-Man ongoing!

BANNED

The first meeting took place in this special one shot...
    https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i...03dd/clean.jpg

As for your second question... Yes, Amazing returned once Peter, or Ghost Peter took over.
    This started the Parker Industries era of the Dan Slott run.

However, thanks to a time shenigan that took place in the Spidey 2099 issues, Otto returned and transferred his conciousness into the Living Brain Robot.
    In the Clone Conspiracy, Otto gained a new temporary body and became Dr Octopus once again. Then he stole a clone of Peter that was degeneration free and transported his mind there. In a way, he got back into Peter. After a small stand as Superior Octopus during the Secret Empire arc, he resumed the Superior Spider-Man moniker once again after a run in with the Inheritors and now he has his own series once again in Superior Spider-Man volume 2.

Hope that i helped you a bit!
    Last edited by Minerboh; 05-27-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Yes it did help. Thank you all for answering my questions as I read this series.